Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
D2D's sale for Dec 3rd:
Need For Speed SHIFT $25

Tomorrow's sale is something Red Alert 3, I don't know if it's the bundle or the expansion or what.

Does anyone actually want me to post every day with the deal? Need for Speed SHIFT doesn't even strike me as particularly interesting. Sure it got an 83 on Metacritic, so it's a decent game, and 50%-off is a nice sale, but I might not have posted it at all if it weren't part of an ongoing event.

So, unless someone asks me to, I'm not going to post every day of the D2D holiday sale. I might post if something strikes me as exciting, but otherwise anyone who's interested can just check for themselves.

Just want to say thanks again to Figment for keeping us up-to-date on these, I tend to forget a couple of them sometimes.

C

Chibibar

me too! I did grab a few that is on steam. I try to avoid another D2D system :)

figmentPez

Staff member
You're welcome. If anyone has specific requests for games, genres, systems or whatever that they want me to keep an eye out for, please say so. I see a lot of stuff on Dealnews and elsewhere I don't post if it seems uninteresting. (Like this week's steam deal, Pirates of the Burning Sea.) Also, anyone else who spots a good deal, please post.

Aaaaa! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity is on sale on Impulse. (A well reviewed indie game, but not appealing to me) Stardock seems like a decent company, but I have no idea how their Impulse system is doing as far as ease of use and such.

Newegg.com has F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin for Xbox 360, PS3 for $15 + free shipping

J

JONJONAUG

eBay's got a bunch of copies of the DVD reprint of Planescape Torment up for like 20 bucks.

C

Chibibar

Dragon Age going to be on sale?

Maybe I should stop holding out for the CE....
one of us! one of us!

(btw, there is a mod now that you can actually have a girl on girl action)[/QUOTE]

There was a mod required for it?[/QUOTE]

Yea.... morrigan (popular character) will ONLY sleep with a male character. (that can be change with a mod) I do believe Leiliana will sleep with either

Dragon Age going to be on sale?

Maybe I should stop holding out for the CE....
one of us! one of us!

(btw, there is a mod now that you can actually have a girl on girl action)[/QUOTE]

There was a mod required for it?[/QUOTE]

Yea.... morrigan (popular character) will ONLY sleep with a male character. (that can be change with a mod) I do believe Leiliana will sleep with either
[/QUOTE]

Ok wait, it's totally plausible to have two guys sleep together but not women?

Also what exactly does the mod do? Open options that the game had hidden or write entire dialogues? Is there any "animations" ala Mass Effect added or revealed?

T

Twitch

I think that it is possible for a lesbian relationship to occur but only with one character, Leliana, just as only one gay relationship is possible with Antonio Banderas.

Dave

Staff member
So the mod adds another opportunity?

Again, what exactly does the mod do?
It does nothing other than to allow another female character to have a lesbian fling. In game, Morrigan won't respond to anyone other than men. With the patch she'll hump anyone.

That's all. There's already lesbianism allowed just as there is gay sex for men. But this changes the sexual preferences for one of the first female NPCs you meet.

figmentPez

Staff member
D2D's Holiday Sale for Dec 11th
Dragon Age: Origins $40
Only $10-off. It's currently cheaper from the EA store using the coupon code I linked to yesterday, and that's a downloadable version as well. (They don't seem to have the PC Collectors Edition offered, but they do have the "Digital Deluxe Edition". I haven't been interested in the game, so I don't know what the differences in versions are.)

Tomorrow's game is The Sims 3 or one of it's expansions. (How odd that those two are back-to-back)

Steam has Samarost 2 (from the makers of Machinarium) for $2.50 during it's first week on Steam.

Impulse has the Odd Combo Pack for $5 (Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus)

For 360 and PS3 gamers, Best Buy and Amazon have
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 for $45 (99 cent shipping for BB, free from Amazon)
PS3 version of the deal
or the Hardened Edition of the game for $60 on either platform from Amazon.com

Best Buy also has:
Dead Space for PS3 or Xbox 360 for $15 + $1 s&h