Games on SALE!

Ooooh! New campaign? I know what I'm firing up the moment I get home! Fear my Zoey sniper rifle skills you zombie bastards!

Back on the topic, I picked up World of Goo for the GF on her laptop. She's in puzzle heaven right now. I'll probably take a few swipes at it with some free time, though I'm not really into the puzzle genre.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ooooh! New campaign? I know what I'm firing up the moment I get home! Fear my Zoey sniper rifle skills you zombie bastards!
I just finished playing, and it was damn good. Ran into 4 tanks in the two levels, before even reaching the finale, and we were playing on Normal. It feels a lot more open than any of the other campaigns, and it's rarely obvious where to go next, but that may just be on account of it being a first playthrough.

Nothing new though. It's the same L4D formula. Advance, find obstacle, remove obstacle and draw the horde, advance.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam Weekend Sales for Oct 1st - 4th

Audiosurf is 50% off putting it at $4.99 - and an update adding new features to the game.

66% off Oddworld games making Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus $3.39 each or $5.09 for both. Pretty good deal, even though you won't get the soundtrack and other extras that come with the game at GOG.

figmentPez

Staff member
The 5th and final week of Direct 2 Drive's 5th anniversary $5 game sale is up, featuring war games:

Company of Heroes Gold
Supreme Commander Gold
World in Conflict Gold Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
Battlestations: Pacific
Codename: Panzers - Cold War
Hearts Of Iron II Collection
Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30
Delta Force: Land Warrior
Delta Force: Task Force Dagger

There are many games from previous weeks still on sale for $5 as well. Bioshock, Titan Quest bundle, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Neverwinter Nights 2, and quite a few others.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam is doing a week of THQ sales. All week the THQ collector pack is 10%-off, only $90.

Today, 0ct. 12, Titan Quest gold is on sale 50% off, making it $10. Not as good as when it was $5 from Direct 2 Drive a few weeks ago, though.

I'm not seeing anything in THQ's current offerings I really care about going on sale, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Oh, what ever anyone does, do NOT buy Saints Row 2 on PC. It's utter trash. The game does NOT run well even on the fastest computers.

Besides, D2D has it for $5 if you REALLY want it.

They need to start announcing some Amazon sales, or other sales that will ship a disc to your door.

Lousy lack of broadband...

figmentPez

Staff member
They need to start announcing some Amazon sales, or other sales that will ship a disc to your door.

Lousy lack of broadband...
What "they" are you referring to? Amazon has recently had some sort of buy 2 get one free sale to match Toys R Us doing a similar deal. I didn't pay attention to either since I like digital downloads. I started this thread for anyone to post any sort of gaming deals, I just post what catches my eye. Others should post what they see.

Dave

Staff member
For those looking to expand their console library, Amazon has a deal. Buy $80 worth of eligible games (before Oct 31st), and get a $40 credit towards future game purchases (credit expires Dec 31, 2009). There are hundreds of eligible games for PS3, 360 and Wii (and 2 DS games).

For the digital download crowd, Steam is offering 50% Off The Witcher - making it $20
Ooh! The Witcher! I've always passed on this but now I think it's time.

Tonight: Dave buys The Witcher!

Dave

Staff member
You should start a thread on your playthrough of it, then quit after 3 days. :slywink:

Ooooh, I went there.
I'd like to give a big FU to you...but you're right. At least I've admitted why I stopped. I sucked at the game. Hell, I got called out by Gusto.

I'm really on the fence about getting Witcher. $20 is my "high" limit on buying a new game. I usually pick stuff up around the $10 mark.

Then again, this is the same person who just did a Faction Change ($30) and a Server Move ($25) on WoW.....