Today, Nov 25th:
Dragon Age Origins $38
Batman: Arkham Asylum $25
GRID $7.50
Fallen Earth $25
Champions Online $20
Fary Cry 2: Fortune's Edition (with the DLC) $10
Osmos $2

Plus, through Monday, the Lucas Arts Premier Pack is 60%-off ($50) and the THQ complete pack is 50%-off ($50).

EDIT: I think the first "day" is a long one. Next set of deals go up Friday 8am PST, then each day at 8am PST until Monday.

I think I might grab Batman: Arkham Asylum, very tempting.
The THQ pack, has all red faction, dawn of war, and company of heroes games. There are also a bunch of others, like saints row 2, titan quest, and some more I can't recall. They list the ful retail price as over $300. They're charging $50. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2539/ Madness.[/QUOTE]

Good gods, I own a few of those and it's STILL an incredible deal. The Company of Heroes games, I have none of them and they'd be more than $50 to get. I wonder if Saints Row 2 is fun off the Wii though... and there's Titan Quest, and sure Dawn of War II bites, but having all these to buy whenever... Damn.

Resident Evil 5 for $25, I may just have to hop on that shit.

Aww come on, L4D2 on sale on Steam today? A week after I bought it?

Dead Space also on sale, that looks tempting to me.

figmentPez

Staff member
Those holding out for a Left 4 Dead 2 sale, it's $37 on Steam today.
If you don't mind buying a hard copy from Gamestop, you can get it for $30 and free shipping with a coupon code. I don't know how much longer the deal lasts.

The rest of the Steam deals for today are:
Majesty 2 $10
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.50
Mini Ninjas $15
Cities XL Limited Edtion $25
Dead Space $15
Madballs in Babo:Invasion $2

I'm probably going to nab SW:KOTOR since it's one I've been waffling about for years... I wonder if it will run on my netbook.

If they were offering L4D2 at Gamestop INSTORE for $40, I'd break my price barrier and pick it up today.

I'm probably going to pick up Dead Space, but if anyone here is an RPG or Star Wars fan, and has never played "Old Republic" there is ZERO excuse not to pay $2.50 for probably the best Star Wars RPG game ever made.

yeah, if i could remember my steam password, i'd have bought Star Wars KoTR already..as it is, I have to wait until I get home from work and use the steam client to do it.

I went for RE5. Had to mess with some settings to get it to run well... such as, it can't be true full screen. Yay black bars!

Loads better than RE4 was on the PC just for the mouse alone.

I'm interested in Dead Space, but goddamn there are too many games waiting to be played. I think the only thing I'd shell out for at this point is Braid on-sale.

figmentPez

Staff member
GOG is having a sale on Interplay games: $4.19 each for Descent 3 (with expansion), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Sacrifice or Stonekeep. Giants is the only one of those I've played, and it's a lot of fun, but has some big flaws too.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Amazon.com is doing a lot of lightning deals for Black Friday. There are little clues about upcoming deals, so I think Scribblenauts is coming up soon.

$25 at Direct2Drive.

But that deal lasts until Monday; on second thought after I've already purchased it, you may want to wait and see if Steam throws it up for less on Saturday or Sunday. If not, it'll still be up on Direct2Drve on Sunday.

Worth buying RE5 on PC for $25 or buy it on Xbox360 for $20?

Oh, I'd like to mention that the Gamestop L4D2 sale for $30 PC, is available in stores as well.

I can't speak for everyone, but aiming RE4 with a joystick was not as bad as the no-mouse PC version, but still not as good as the Wiimote.

The mouse-friendly RE5 is as close to a Wiimote as you're gonna get, since RE5 is likely never coming to the Wii.

Then I'd assume you shouldn't have trouble playing it on Xbox360.

I just like mouse-aim better than anything; however with the 360 version it's both cheaper and you don't have to screw with system settings or screen resolution since it just runs.

Get the PC version.

Just picture this.... Shego and SeriousJay vs an army of zombies in coop action.

It's also apparently easier than single-player.

I want to co-op with people; Julie wants to watch me play for the story, but she won't let me buy another copy of the game cause she can't play shooters... so either I need someone who can go buy her schedule, or play it the hard way.

J

JONJONAUG

I want to co-op with people; Julie wants to watch me play for the story, but she won't let me buy another copy of the game cause she can't play shooters... so either I need someone who can go buy her schedule, or play it the hard way.
It's easier to play in co-op because playing RE5 in single player means you'll be spending most of your time yelling at how much of an idiot your AI controlled partner is.

It's easier to play in co-op because playing RE5 in single player means you'll be spending most of your time yelling at how much of an idiot your AI controlled partner is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but when I yell at my human partners about how much of an idiot they are, they tend to get mad at me. At least the computer's content to just sit there and take the abuse. :p

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam's deals for Saturday Nov 28

Left 4 Dead 1 $7.50
City of Heroes Architect Edition $10
Order of War $10
Trine $10
Spore $20
Ghostbusters $10
Resident Evil 5 $25
Borderlands $33.50

I highly recommend Trine if the idea of a fantasy-themed puzzle/platformer at all appeals to you. It is an amazing game.

Also, I'm conflicted about Ghostbusters. I know it's not the best shooter, but a lot of people enjoyed it anyway. I'm not a huge Ghostbusters fan, but I liked the movies.

Kind of wish I'd waited to buy it off Steam since it's easier to re-download if need be then Direct2Drive, but oh well.

Borderlands for $33 is tempting, but like Shego, I've spent so much already.

Gotta be strong. Come on, Braid!

Fuuuuuuck, I should've bought Borderlands yesterday! Turns out it's one of those few games today that still runs more off your computer than the graphics card. Unlike L4D2 where I pass minimum but pull back from recommended on Can You Run It, I pass Borderlands almost to top speed.

And I'd feel like a chump buying it today for $50.

And I am a chump for not buying yesterday. Goddamnit.

figmentPez

Staff member
Direct2Drive Cyber-Monday deal
Mass Effect for $5

Last day of Steam's early holiday sale
Quantz (not the webcomic) - $2
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition - $2.50
Mirror's Edge™ - $5
Evil Genius - $2.50
Section 8 - $25
The Chronicles of Riddick™ Assault on Dark Athena - $10
Dawn of Discovery® - $35
Call of Juarez®: Bound in Blood - $21

GOG doesn't really get Cyber Monday
$1-off MDK (I think that makes it $5, but the product page doesn't show the discount.)

EDIT:Holy crap, Impulse is having a sale? They do that now? (Have they been having sales all along and stupidly not putting them on the news page?) However, I don't recognize even the names of any of the games listed.

C

Chibibar

Yea... I got Borderland, RE5 (for PC) and Mirror's Edge. I found out that RE5 looks exceptionally bright on my PC (even with it turn town) I might have to tweak it cause it is making me sick playing it :( same with Borderland.

figmentPez

Staff member
If you thought Monday was the end of sales, think again!

Steam has Zeno Clash on sale just $5.10, until Dec 3rd. It's an awesome game, and I highly recommend it. The art and story are really well done, and the combat is fairly enjoyable as well. I got totally sucked into this game, in a way not many games have recently.

I'm almost tempted to buy Mirror's Edge to see how the PhysX stuff turned out. I bought it on console before they announced they were making PC specific physics changes.