Games on SALE!

I should have said something earlier and saved you the $13. I rented it, back a few months ago when you were still able to walk into a store and do that around here, and only ended up playing for about an hour, if that.

Dave

Staff member
I should have said something earlier and saved you the $13. I rented it, back a few months ago when you were still able to walk into a store and do that around here, and only ended up playing for about an hour, if that.
You have to love the terrible voice acting and body movements. It was gloriously hilarious.

Same here. Would have told you easily. I love most RPGs but this game was so damned horrible it wasn't even funny.

You could have bought Killing Floor or Mount & Blade....

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-day: RIFT $7.50

Humble Frozen Synapse "Bundle" pay-what-you-want, money-to-charity, etc.
I've heard good things about Frozen Synapse, but I haven't played it. Has anyone else?
If you pay more than the average, it actually turns into a bundle, and you get the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Trine, Shadowgrounds, etc.) as well. With the average currently at $4.19, that's a pretty good price for Trine, if you missed the last bundle.

Direct2Drive has Section 8: Prejudice $3.75

C

Chibibar

IT'S A TRAP

do not buy this shit game
I am sadden that with the new 4.0 system which to me it is VERY computer friendly type game can make a game so bad :( (so I have read. I didn't buy it. I might buy it when it is like 90% off)

There was no effort in the game and the game license was held by one of the worst game companies on the market. Now that it's been finally handed over after years of terrible games, we can maybe expect something decent in a few years.... I hope.

O

Overflight

I tried Frozen Synapse for a bit. Good stuff. A little hard to understand at first, but then it becomes a barrel of fun. The soundtrack (which comes with the bundle) has some pretty good tracks too. I highly recommend it at this price.

Same here. Setting aside the fact that a lot of the one day sales on Steam are rather uninspiring, I just know that come Christmas, the sales will be glorious, so I'm saving my money for then.

figmentPez

Staff member
Trauma has been added to the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle

Steam one-day: Transformers: War for Cybertron $7.50

Direct2Drive has select EA games on sale this weekend.
The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack $9.95
Medal of Honor $4.95
FIFA Manager 11 $9.95
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam $3.75
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $7.50
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $7.50

GOG.com has Rebellion games 50%-off
Empire Earth: Gold Edition $2.99
Empire Earth 2 Gold Edition $4.99
Empire Earth 3 $4.99
Evil Genius $4.99
Ground Control + Expansion $2.99
Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus SE $2.99
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death $2.99
Lords of Magic: Special Edition $2.99
Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition $2.99
Lords of the Realm 3 $2.99
Pinball Gold Pack $4.99

Stealing Fig's job for one post, because I'm pretty excited about it, Steam's got Portal 2 for half price as its midweek madness.

Also Crysis for 75% off as its one day sale, but I don't care about that. I saw Portal 2 on sale and snagged it in record time. :D

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-day: Cogs $3.40

GOG.com has select Activision titles on sale. They're doing that sliding discount thing again, the more games you order the higher percent-off they are. 25%-off one game, up to 50%-off all six games.
Caesar 3
Call to Power 2
Dark Reign + Expansion
Dark Reign 2
Police Quest: SWAT 1+2
SWAT 3: Tactical Game of the Year Edition

Direct2Drive weekend sale for Fire Prevention Week:
World in Conflict Gold Edition $7.95
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $14.95
Mercenaries 2 World in Flames $3.95
Crysis $11.95