Games on SALE!

KotOR for 5 dollars? Yes please.

Also, why isn't KotOR 2 on Steam yet? Yes, it's a glitchy mess but it's more well written and it's characters more interesting. Besides, there's that project that is trying to restore some of the removed content.

figmentPez

Staff member
There are rumors going around that Portal is free on Steam right now. I haven't seen any announcement about it, so I don't know why or how long it will last.

EDIT: The deal lasts until Sept 20th according to Kotaku.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-days: Darksiders $5.00
King Arthur Collection $7.49

and Portal is free, if you missed that earlier.

Direct2Drive also has Star Wars games on sale.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II $9.95
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition $9.95
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $9.95
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga $9.95

GOG.com has Tex Murphy games on sale.
Tex Murphy 1+2 $2.99
Tex Murphy: Overseer $4.99
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive $4.99
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $4.99

Kinect has really been a great device for playing games with the kids and keeping them off their butts, but yeah, when it's my turn, I'm grabbing a controller and playing Bioshock. Very, very slowly.

O

Overflight

Both those bundles are a pretty good deal: the first for SS HD, Bit.Trip and WoG and the second for Defense Grid and Anomaly.

C

Chibibar

I doubt this'll be a regular thing for me to post, but this week's PSN drop has some pretty damn good deals if you're a Plus member.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/category/psn/

Resident Evil 1, 2, & 3 are free and the newly released RE4 is 50% off ($10).
I wonder. I still have access to PSN free (30 days) part of the PSN stuff. If I get the game "free" and then PSN plus lapse (back to basic) do I still keep my Resident Evil 1-3?

C

Chibibar

No, when you lose PLUS, you lose access to everything that was PLUS granted.
Oh. What about when I buy a game at a discount. I still get to keep the game then right? (i.e. don't have to pay the difference when I lose my plus) I guess the free games I won't get access even it was promotional for plus :(

C

Chibibar

Free games won't be accessible, discounted games will be.
Well drats. Ah well I'll stick with Steam :) At least whatever I get there works ;) (I would love to get RE 1- 3 but I know I won't keep my PSN Plus after the free period)

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-day: Lucid $2.49
Weekend deals:
Company of Heroes 80%-off ($1.99 - $3.99)
Sega Weekend 50 - 90%-off all Sega titles

GOG.com has a weekend deal on all D&D classics. The discount structure is a little wonky. Buying one game gets you 20%-off, each additional game gets you 5% more off your order, up to 60% if you buy all 9 titles (and if you already own a game that counts towards the discount). Not a great deal unless you want a whole bunch of the games, IMO.

Yeah, it's sort of like a game rental system if you don't keep Plus.

Oddly enough, my favourite thing to get (and keep, no matter what) through Plus are the free dynamic themes. :D

While we're on the subject of good RTS games, R.U.S.E. was pretty good too (despite the cheesy name). That's a good price for it, too.

C

Chibibar

You know what is my favorite RTS? Dungeon Keeper!!!! I love that game :) (evil genius too from the same style of play)