Games on SALE!

I'm completely with you there Dave. I rented it a couple of times for the PS3 but with my limited time for gaming I can't get through it all the way. I'd really prefer to have it at my leisure on PC....

I'm sure the sales of the console versions have slowed so they could milk some more cash making the PC version for sure.

figmentPez

Staff member
Hmm, Steam just tweeted about the one-day sale, but Metro 2033 is not at a discount $5. Is this glitch in the system related to some bigger changes? *dun dun DUN!*

(probably not)

figmentPez

Staff member
Hmm, that's quite cheap... is Far Cry and Far Cry 2 worth it?
I've never played the first, but I loved the second. I had a hard time getting into it, but once I was in the swing of things the game is a lot of fun, made me feel like a complete bad-ass* and the narrative is surprisingly well-told. The weapons feel powerful, the environment is lush and feels vast without being empty, and the voice acting is competent.

*at one point in the game I was tearing through an enemy camp, and heard one guy sobbing "I just want to go home." After hearing the enemies taunt me since the beginning of the game, it was pretty awesome to have them pissing their pants in terror.

FC2's biggest flaw is that there's a lot of running around, and enemy checkpoints repopulate pretty much as soon as you're out of sight, so it can be frustrating to travel if you're not enjoying the combat. Other minor flaws include a flawed stealth system where enemies always cry out when you kill them, some repetitive side-missions, and over-exaggerated dusk/dawn lighting effects (do everything in broad day or full night and you'll be able to see fine).

figmentPez

Staff member
C

Chibibar

sale is pretty lame right now. I am just waiting for X-mas special!

We love you fig for doing this. Keeps me up to date

Ditto on the Pez awesomeness.

Ditto on the waiting for Christmas sale. I've got, like, five games I'm hoping they'll put up for sale then.