Games on SALE!

Sixteen bucks for the Bioshock games and the newer XCOM games would be considered a steal for me. I can't speak for the others because I've never played them, but these two alone would make the highest tier worthwhile in my eyes.

Though, granted, the XCOM games will likely not be to everyone's tastes.

Free Games with Prime (October 2022):

• Fallout 76
    • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
    • Total War: Warhammer II
    • Glass Masquerade: Origins
    • LOOM
    • Hero’s Hour
    • Horace
New In-Game Content for Prime Gaming (October 2022):

• Destiny 2
    • Fall Guys
    • FIFA 22
    • Grand Theft Auto Online
    • Madden NFL 23
    • PUBG: Battlegrounds
    • Roblox

figmentPez

Staff member
Free Games with Prime (October 2022):
  • Fallout 76
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • Total War: Warhammer II
  • Glass Masquerade: Origins
  • LOOM
  • Hero’s Hour
  • Horace
This batch of Prime Gaming is finally up (well, mostly).
  • Fallout 76 is via the Microsoft Store. (Twitter has multiple reports of errors redeeming the codes.)
  • Shadow of War will presumably be via GOG, but it's not available yet. Rumor says it will be available on the 5th.
  • Glass Masquerade is through Legacy Games, and I don't think it's worth it. The aesthetics are interesting, but don't make for a good puzzle game, which doesn't have a great interface anyway.
  • Total War: Warhammer II is through Epic.
  • The rest are through Amazon's app.

FYI to anyone getting it, Fallout 3 can be a massive pain to get running on modern hardware and software. This happens with the disc version, the Steam version, the GoG version, and now judging by the posts on r/Fallout, the Epic version as well.

I mean it's free, so there's no harm in grabbing it if you already have Epic, but just be warned that actually getting to play it may not be a straightforward process.

Dave

Staff member
Yup. I have the Steam version and I can’t play it. I mean, I probably could if I busted out skills and actually tried hard to do it, but I just haven’t found the give a shit I need to make it work.

FYI to anyone getting it, Fallout 3 can be a massive pain to get running on modern hardware and software. This happens with the disc version, the Steam version, the GoG version, and now judging by the posts on r/Fallout, the Epic version as well.

I mean it's free, so there's no harm in grabbing it if you already have Epic, but just be warned that actually getting to play it may not be a straightforward process.
FYI to anyone who wants to play Fallout but can’t get Fallout 3 to work: New Vegas is better anyway, works well on modern PCs, and it’s incredibly cheap these days.

I've been having some issues getting a game I want to replay running, too...But it's a 1994 DOS game. And it runs (it just won't start tournaments for some reason). I know all the financial reasons for it and the "who cares?" mentality and even the "we can't create our own competition 10 years down the line" reasoning, but I still find it ridiculous that so many newer games can barely if at all function anymore. Planned obsolescence is evil.

FYI to anyone who wants to play Fallout but can’t get Fallout 3 to work: New Vegas is better anyway, works well on modern PCs, and it’s incredibly cheap these days.
With the tale of two wastelands mod, you can even play fallout 3 in the new Vegas engine

I think I need more of you in my Steam Friends' list. I think I have only Dave atm. I might be able to multiplayer spontaneously sometimes (rarely planned, though.)

I am minddetective