Games on SALE!

Dave

Staff member
Civ 1 was the first game I actually stayed up all night playing, back in the day. As in, I looked out the window, saw the sun coming up and said "Uh oh."
With me that was a game called "Empire". Which, by the way, was Civ before Civ was Civ.

How're the ARMA games for single player? I've only ever seen vids of them played multiplayer... mostly by SovietWomble... but they make it look fun. But I can't play multiplayer with my spotty connection.

GasBandit

Staff member
How're the ARMA games for single player? I've only ever seen vids of them played multiplayer... mostly by SovietWomble... but they make it look fun. But I can't play multiplayer with my spotty connection.
I haven't played it myself, but perhaps these links will help you decide -

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3aa71q/is_arma_3_good_from_an_exclusively_single_player/
https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3vae6b/worth_playing_arma_3_in_singleplayer_only/

But from what I've read and watched, the emphasis of these games is really on multiplayer.

GOG.com is having a spring sale. Too many games to list, but lots of good stuff available.
Hm, nothing on my wishlist (admittedly, a small one; only like 6 games) so far.

Though speaking of GoG, I'm surprised they haven't done another GoG Connect recently. Where you can link some Steam games with their site.

GasBandit

Staff member
Vermintide is really good if you like Left 4 Dead style games.
I think we might have soured him on L4D type games, the one time he joined in with us was a Versus night. Those can be pretty discouraging if your expectations are not set accordingly.

GasBandit

Staff member
Incidentally, if anyone DOES ever feel like playing Vermintide, hit me up. I'm always down for a game, assuming I'm home.

And it doesn't have a versus mode :D

Incidentally, if anyone DOES ever feel like playing Vermintide, hit me up. I'm always down for a game, assuming I'm home.

And it doesn't have a versus mode :D
Me and the SO got the bundle, we'll probably start playing sometime this week or next. If you're up for nursing newbies, that is :p

figmentPez

Staff member
I think we might have soured him on L4D type games, the one time he joined in with us was a Versus night. Those can be pretty discouraging if your expectations are not set accordingly.
He was actually doing really well, but it's easy to feel like you're doing horribly in L4D versus.

Honestly? It had nothing to do with the game, the mode, or you guys (not even Terrik :p ). I was SEVERELY depressed when I played that night.

GasBandit

Staff member
Honestly? It had nothing to do with the game, the mode, or you guys (not even Terrik :p ). I was SEVERELY depressed when I played that night.
Still, starting you out in a versus match for your first time playing L4D was probably not the right call. That's like... Dark Souls levels of punishing, there.

Y'know, if Gas added SovietWomble-style captions to that video, he could probably also become a Youtube phenomenon.

I thought it was because youtubers love stupid accents and SovietWomble sounds sorta South African (though apparently he's from Brighton).

I tried, once. Those captions are SO much work it turns out!
I liked when you did it for some of the Don't Starve videos. Like when that random asshole rage quit and you added baby crying sounds. I still laugh at that.

If you were to make it work, you'd have to cut down the average runtime. Basically just show a Greatest Hits like Womble does. You could even have a weekly feature called Goddammit Terrik.

figmentPez

Staff member
Today's Chrono.gg sale is Dropsy for $3.50

Though this post isn't really about this indie adventure game I've heard highly praised but haven't played. It's about the new coins system that Chrono.gg has implemented. If you create an account and click on the coin button each day you can then use the coins to buy select games for free. (Some kinks need to be worked out, as the shop is currently down.) Checking in on consecutive days gives bonuses at 3, 7, 14 and 30 days.

figmentPez

Staff member
If anyone's local grocery store is running the Monopoly game promotion right now, it can be worth it to redeem the second chance game codes online. Some of the codes will redeem for "Fandango tokens", ten of those will get you the option for a $5 Visa debit card number for use on digital media (movies, books, or games). I just used mine to grab the Zhadoomalooms of Muddledurrs bundle. You can't use it on any purchases over $5, but I've gotten two of the codes thus far, and I might end up with a third after my next grocery shopping trip.