[NHL] Game of Thrones on Ice (aka the NHL Hockey Thread)

I'm of the mind that a major reason for him leaving Detroit is that his family wants to leave the city of Detroit. The city itself is literally dying.

I remember reading an article about the city throwing out the union agreement with the teachers because school enrollment had dropped 70% in 10 years.

I was simply using a very simple to understand metric about the health of a city. I could have just as easily cited that the entire city's population has decline by 25% in 10 years, or the current housing values or crime rate or the city's bankruptcy. All point to a very unhealthy city but due to the politics of the NHL will never be discussed openly in regards to hockey decisions.

Detroyit is Detroyit. It doesn't need any help in being badmouthed. ;)

As for tonight - if tonight's game ends at six past Lundqvist, I think two things will happen:

1. Cam Talbot starts in game five.
2. Handshakes all around after said game five.

We are now officially facing less than 10 games remaining in the 2015 NHL season.

The only thing we know: Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, on June 3rd, will NOT be in Chicago.

Yep. Unless he changes his travel plans and goes to Tampa/St. Pete instead... ;)

Now then:

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK!

(insert Blackadder Christmas Carol clip where he says "well, so much for that!" and punches a hole in a portrait of Queenie.)

Chicago in a sweep.

Toews scores Cup winner.

Kane will win the Connie.

Two of the games will go to overtime.

I will STILL hate "Chelsea Dagger."

Will Wheaton (Twitter) said:
So the player controlling the Lightning had their controller come unplugged on that Chicago goal, right?
My Response On Twitter said:
Actually, I think the player-character of Ben Bishop rolled a natural 1 on his dexterity check...