Funny (political, religious) pictures

On the one hand, this is a serious situation and laughing at people who are truly suffering isn't right.

On the other hand this thread made me laugh a whole lot.

figmentPez

Staff member
And that's why you need a Swiss Army knife.
And a hand powered can opener.* I haven't used an electric can opener in decades now. (Those things are hard to clean, so they're usually disgusting.)

This story is full of such colossal stupidity it feels like satire. I wish I wasn't acutely aware of just how plausible it really is.

* and that's just for normal, everyday life. If we're talking survival you also need so much more. "Civilization is going to collapse! But natural gas can't possibly fail us, it's part of nature!"

And that's why you need a Swiss Army knife.
And a hand powered can opener.* I haven't used an electric can opener in decades now. (Those things are hard to clean, so they're usually disgusting.)

This story is full of such colossal stupidity it feels like satire. I wish I wasn't acutely aware of just how plausible it really is.

* and that's just for normal, everyday life. If we're talking survival you also need so much more. "Civilization is going to collapse! But natural gas can't possibly fail us, it's part of nature!"
Or do it the way I learned in Scouts: you can just rub the can on concrete until you've worn down the aluminum enough that it just pops open with anything you can wedge in there.

Yeah...I mean, I have a hand-powered flashlight, and matches and candles and all that jazz. I mean, I live in a big city and don't expect an actual blackout (even brownouts tend not to hit this part), but if a fuse blows or whatever, I can still read, heat myself, see, communicate., and cook. That's not being a prepper, that's being marginally aware of basic isuses you might face. I keep a battery-powered jumper cable set in my car; if my battery dies I'm not dependant on another car happening by and having cables. Probably a lot more useful than a bunker full of cans you can't open.