Funny (political, religious) pictures

I think I'm missing a reference (besides the Sailor Moon meme). That's Ted Cruz and AOC, right? But is Cruz supposed to be someone else? What's with the hair?

Last edited:
I think I'm missing a reference. That's Ted Cruz and AOC, right? But is Cruz supposed to be someone else? What's with the hair?
I didn't realize the woman was supposed to be AOC. And that's just what his hair looks like these days.
As for what it references...

zoiksandaway.png

--Patrick

I edited right before your reply, I got the Sailor Moon ref. But Ted Cruz's hair isn't shaved on the sides. At least, that's how I read the drawing.

I will admit that it took until the third frame to realize it was Ted Cruz. At first glance I thought maybe it was supposed to be Ron Jeremy.

--Patrick

No, but it is graying.

View attachment 37278
That's the other thing that threw me off: Cruz was wearing a non-descript polo, whereas in the drawing he's wearing a loud patterned shirt. I was wondering if he added in a Cape Fear reference or something. AOC being in all white looking like she's wearing a lab coat also made me wonder. I guess I read into it too much.

i’m late with this, but i’m almost positive he is referencing whatever the hell was happening with his head at the 2nd impeachment
View attachment 37294
Whoa, hadn't seen that pic, it really does look shaved there. I think it's just because it's a poor resolution screen grab though, this is another picture of him from the same day (I think).

zodiac.png

There was that old joke back in the day Jesse Jackson used to tell about how if he saved someone from drowning by walking on the water out to them, the press would report "JESSE CAN'T SWIM."