Funny (political, religious) pictures

Eh, pretty sure it’s just because they assume it’s the best way to get the protesters’ goat, like calling a homophobe “gay” to play off the homophobe’s subconscious fear that maybe they really aren’t an absolute zero on the Kinsey scale.

—Patrick
That's what i assumed at 1st too... but some of them clearly refuse to perceive themselves as holding nazi equivalent belief why holding them... just like the racists yelling "nigger" at ppl in traffic, but then insisting they're not racist coz they have part black nephews...

The best thing any patriotic American hacker could do right now would be to make Twitter's servers charbroil themselves. We're better off as a nation and a world without it.

GasBandit

Staff member
What the dude means is, that the development of the game or its content was perceived to be altered by real world social/political concerns. Not that the content itself is about political concepts. IE, MK11 the girls are covered up more, Apex Legends' character roster emphasizing racial diversity, Overwatch altering one of Tracer's butt-centered victory poses, and Neil Druckman of Naughty Dog's public embracing of the Sarkeesian mentality in a 2013 speech was theorized to have influenced the design decisions that went into Last Of Us 2.

Note I said "perceived." Not "was actually."

So, confirming that the "angry young meme maker" doesn't know what politic means? Even with Gas' clarification, how could Modern Warfare be anything but politic? /inigo meme

TIL that there's a gay character in Mortal Kombat.
In the case of Mortal Kombat neckbeard capital-G Gamers are upset that all the formerly scantily clad women are wearing more combat-appropriate attire.
There is! Kung Jin.

mayHLd06_400x400.jpg

http://www.glaad.org/blog/mortal-kombat-x-confirms-new-gay-character

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/01/18/mortal-kombat-11-gay-character-kung-jin/

I was personally hoping for Kano :(

Although, in hindsight, this is exactly the look I would give Cassie Cage. Probably all day.

Kung-Jin-300x158.jpg

Maybe if they put up quote fingers as they said it then it would be ok
Hint: "" imply actual quotes, the fingers came later. And there's still a big difference between spelling the whole word instead of saying n-word when talking about it being used, and using it to angrily demean someone.

What the dude means is, that the development of the game or its content was perceived to be altered by real world social/political concerns. Not that the content itself is about political concepts. IE, MK11 the girls are covered up more, Apex Legends' character roster emphasizing racial diversity, Overwatch altering one of Tracer's butt-centered victory poses, and Neil Druckman of Naughty Dog's public embracing of the Sarkeesian mentality in a 2013 speech was theorized to have influenced the design decisions that went into Last Of Us 2.

Note I said "perceived." Not "was actually."
You forgot about making Sub-Zero actually look Chinese this time.

I was weird how taken aback by it i was when i 1st saw it, until my brain actually kicked in and went "oh, right, he was at least half Chinese in the lore from the get-go".

I hadn't actually heard of that one. Just the griping about "Mortal Kombat: Burka edition"
To be fair, i haven't actually followed any of it, so i don't know if that was more widespread then some comment on youtube that got schooled by pl that knew the lore right away.