Funny (political, religious) pictures

Croatian billboard for English language instruction...

Shouldn't that billboard be in.. croatian? Or at least NOT english? Otherwise, how will you know how to go there? Sure, it's not a LOT of english in the sign, but you'd have to have SOMETHING to read it.

Shouldn't that billboard be in.. croatian? Or at least NOT english? Otherwise, how will you know how to go there? Sure, it's not a LOT of english in the sign, but you'd have to have SOMETHING to read it.
Most other countries have some form of basic English as part of their core curricula, since it's so pervasive.

--Patrick

Came across this on reddit:

Never knew they had actual grammar supervillains back in those days.

Oh, and here's a .pdf version, courtesy of Oprah!
In #4, is "a" the shortest word, or is "in"? I've heard disputes as to whether "a" and "I" are words, or something else.

Also, it's "funny" how grammar-nazi this is, and yet question 30 has (at least) one missing word

In #4, is "a" the shortest word, or is "in"? I've heard disputes as to whether "a" and "I" are words, or something else.
The real question is how do you draw a line around it. Which was the point. These were meant to be literally impossible to pass.

Also, it's "funny" how grammar-nazi this is, and yet question 30 has (at least) one missing word
After reading the test, and how it's timed (10 min) and scored (1 mistake = fail), i can't dismiss the idea that that might be intentional to further confuse people and allow for more subjective grading.

GasBandit

Staff member
After reading the test, and how it's timed (10 min) and scored (1 mistake = fail), i can't dismiss the idea that that might be intentional to further confuse people and allow for more subjective grading.

WHAT?? Surely you can't be serious. A 50-year-old poll literacy test designed to basically disqualify at-will anyone the pollworker wants? Next you'll be telling me something silly like there's an out, like people whose grandfathers could vote are exempted from the test - which, given the dates of laws enfranchising various people, pretty much would have only applied to white males.

WHAT?? Surely you can't be serious. A 50-year-old poll literacy test designed to basically disqualify at-will anyone the pollworker wants? Next you'll be telling me something silly like there's an out, like people whose grandfathers could vote are exempted from the test - which, given the dates of laws enfranchising various people, pretty much would have only applied to white males.
sarcasm.gif

Considering the racist purposes that test was used for, it may actually be accurate to call them a grammar Nazi.
Woah!

Shirley you don't mean to imply that those segregationists are bad people because of a difference of opinion! There were many bad people on both sides!

I mean the missing word could be intentional, and thus not irony.

Considering the racist purposes that test was used for, it may actually be accurate to call them a grammar Nazi.
Look, i know nazis are like evil and stuff, but even they weren't that blatantly evil... that' some next level shit right there.

But he doesn't care you guys... that's why he talks about it all the time.

You know, before i learned about Alex Jones i thought Cartman was a ridiculous fictional character.

GasBandit

Staff member
At first I thought that was the Native Americans saying that, in reference to white people and Mt. Rushmore. "They break into our country and do shit like this..."

Last edited:
Literally an hour after seeing the earlier Mount Rushmore post I was reading on Cracked and they had this...

It would be nice if they cited their sources, but further review confirms what they're saying. He worked on the Stone Mountain site before the Mount Rushmore project. "Ties" is being generous.