Funny (political, religious) pictures

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/29/pakistan-family-drone-victim-testimony-congress

"Nobody has ever told me why my mother was targeted that day," Rehman said, through a translator. "Some media outlets reported that the attack was on a car, but there is no road alongside my mother’s house. Others reported that the attack was on a house. But the missiles hit a nearby field, not a house. All of them reported that three, four, five militants were killed."
ha

An Amnesty International report, published last week, lists Bibi among 900 civilians they say have been killed by drone strikes, a far higher number than previously reported. The Amnesty report said the US may have committed war crimes and should stand trial for its actions.

ha

Zubair said that fear over the drone attacks on his community have stopped children playing outside, and stopped them attending the few schools that exist. An expensive operation, needed to take the shrapnel out of his leg, was delayed and he was sent back to the village until his father could raise the money, he said.
“Now I prefer cloudy days when the drones don’t fly. When the sky brightens and becomes blue, the drones return and so does the fear. Children don’t play so often now, and have stopped going to school. Education isn’t possible as long as the drones circle overhead.”
"In the end I would just like to ask the American public to treat us as equals. Make sure that your government gives us the same status of a human with basic rights as they do to their own citizens. We do not kill our cattle the way US is killing humans in Waziristan with drones. This indiscriminate killing has to end and justice must be delivered to those who have suffered at the hands of unjust."

Wait. I mean I loathe that smell. This is supposed to be a funny picture thread. I want more tigers (but not the kind that leap at my boat as I sail upriver to meet the insane cartoonist)

GasBandit

Staff member
Erm, Charlie isn't entirely wrong. Blowing up a wedding of innocent people is actually really disturbing. The image didn't disturb me to the extent it did to charlie, but the guy has a point.
That's what the Terrible Tiger meme is for.

Wait. I mean I loathe that smell. This is supposed to be a funny picture thread. I want more tigers (but not the kind that leap at my boat as I sail upriver to meet the insane cartoonist)

The hard part was finding just the political ones.

yo I'm not going to report you since that's kind of petty and I don't actually want the thread locked since there is some funny stuff in here, but uhhhhh all of those are way bad taste, but if you guys wanna make this thread 4chan, then go for it

GasBandit

Staff member
yo I'm not going to report you since that's kind of petty and I don't actually want the thread locked since there is some funny stuff in here, but uhhhhh all of those are way bad taste, but if you guys wanna make this thread 4chan, then go for it
Report me?

Have you seen what color my name is? :p

GasBandit

Staff member
you still have to go through the police to arrest police for infractions
Admins are not police, and this is not a republic. Hell, technically, the concept of "rights" doesn't even exist here, as this is a private entity.

YOU ALL POST AT MY SUFFERANCE, WORMS!

At least until I irritate Dave enough to revoke my admin status. Somehow I don't think Terrible Tiger's gonna be what pulls that trigger.

But it is funny to think of me getting "reported," when it's just as likely I'll be the one fielding the report.

"Report: GasBandit is..." "Overruled."

You watch, Gas. Charlie will make a Terrible Tiger meme about Gasbandit and Halforums.
...and then you'll be sorry.

--Patrick

The later ones were just crass, but I thought the first one was a good jab at how awful the situation is. To analyze: it starts off like a conservative's joke, but then goes darker and to a true situation. Humor is a great way to stealth an issue under people's defenses and get them to acknowledge it after it's too late to ignore it.

If the Daily Show was run by Charlie, it would just be the actors shouting and spitting at the audience.

While one could argue whether they should be "here" or in the "NSFL pictures", these mostly seem, to me, fairly good ways of using dark humor. Compare and contrast to whatshisface saying that heckler "should be raped". These are meant to make you think about serious issues in a different light, bring up a comparison that may not have passed your mind, force you to re-evaluate your stance. Which is, you know, the point of dark humor. Either you believe anything can be made fun of, and these are, to me, fairly valid ways of handling humor about a dark topic, or you believe "some things are too serious to joke about", and you want to censor some stuff. It's a valid position, but...Not mine, nor that of most people here,I believe.

Dave

Staff member
I....I love that meme. But I have a HUGELY dark sense of humor. The week after my dad died I was making jokes about it. (I wanna be like him when I grow up, minus the whole cancer/dead thing.)

As to an admin getting his stuff reported, go right ahead. I've had posts reported before and I've been given infraction points. I can't be banned but as a human I can fuck up and need to be told. In this case I don't thin kit would warrant anything as humor is subjective. The whole point of that meme is to be in terrible, terrible taste. It's the meme equivalent of Cards Against Humanity, which I also love more than I should.

People have been telling dead baby jokes for decades - doesn't mean we like or condone the killing of or celebrating of said dead babies. In the specific case cited - the Pakistani wedding - the joke is not only dark but shows through humor the mental disconnect of using drones.

GasBandit

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1430922579,1430922519][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1430922628][/DOUBLEPOST]And one specifically and specially for Charlie -
[DOUBLEPOST=1430922792][/DOUBLEPOST]And just to kick the anthill a little more....

I am still in awe of the cop that took on two armed men (with assault rifles) and body armor. While he only used his side arm.
At least one of the guns wasn't a long gun and was someone more like a submachine gun (only semi auto) in that it shot like 9mm rounds I believe... Time to google
Edit: a kel-tec sub 2000