Funny (political, religious) pictures

fade

Staff member
Yes I was just telling my wife how much I hate dodge answers and how interviewers should be allowed to install shock collars.

It's the "...apparently." part that turns it to shit.
Well, duh. I'm just saying he's still right, even if he's trying to be obnoxious and so forth.[DOUBLEPOST=1430329884,1430329798][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, I'm just mad because it shows a complete lack of sensitivity to black cows and chickens.
If they're black, you've grilled them too long. Or, on too high a fire. Or haven't turned'm over enough. Or some such.

If they're black, you've grilled them too long. Or, on too high a fire. Or haven't turned'm over enough. Or some such.
Actually, there's a breed of chicken known in Chinese as 烏骨雞 ("black-boned chicken") that's black from head to toe. Including the bones. Although the flesh is usually normal chicken-colored.

They're quite popular in dishes served with a variety of Chinese herbs, such as boiled whole in a soup or broth.

Spoilered for size and just in case there's anyone with ornithophobia.

blackbonechicken.jpg

Actually, there's a breed of chicken known in Chinese as 烏骨雞 ("black-boned chicken") that's black from head to toe. Including the bones. Although the flesh is usually normal chicken-colored.

They're quite popular in dishes served with a variety of Chinese herbs, such as boiled whole in a soup or broth.

Spoilered for size and just in case there's anyone with ornithophobia.

The habit of cooking the whole bird always makes me think that the chicken isn't cooked so much as chilling in a hot tub of broth.

GasBandit

Staff member

The New York Times posted a link to a story on Twitter Friday that had a lot of people scratching their heads.

It was an update on Chris Christie’s “Bridgegate” scandal, with the headline: “Christie Ally Expected to Plead Guilty in George Washington Bridge Lane-Closing Case.”

The piece is referring to a former Port Authority official named David Wildstein, who ordered the lane closures on the George Washington Bridges back in 2013.

Upon first glance, however, many people read this as “Kirstie Alley” and were shocked to learn that the actress was behind the whole controversy.

Either it was just too early and they hadn’t had their coffee yet, or they couldn’t read.

As of Friday morning her name was one of the top trending topics in the country, and pretty soon Alley learned about the confusion and responded on her account.

Apparently, she did do it after all!

It would also be nice if a reputable news organization such as the NYT would use proper rules for capitalization.
Well, the rules for headlines are like the rules for movie titles, where you capitalize all the words except for things like "of" and "the," but you still should've expected someone to catch that before it went to print.

--Patrick