Funny (political, religious) pictures

GasBandit

Staff member
It looks like he peeled off a sticker in the center of his tailgate to add a BLM sticker... wonder what the old sticker was. "Support your local police" maybe?

I actually read an interview with this guy earlier this year. Conservative Republican but does support BLM, hates Trump so he voted libertarian in 2016, the Biden sticker at the time i saw it was Bloomberg, so i guess he replaced it once the primaries were over.

edit: found the interview with the original picture. The current BLM sign was a different BLM sign, i’m guessing someone ripped it off his truck.

Zoom school is also showing how much stress teachers are under, being mercilessly crushed between mandatory government requirements on one side and kids & their families on the other. Snapping at a student, in my opinion, is merely cause for an investigation into which it might be.

—Patrick

I am so glad that daughter's teachers are pretty chill. I think her bio teacher might be a little *too* chill, but it's his first year teaching, so I'll cut him some slack.

Yeah, I'm gonna side with the teacher here: their job is now being monitored 24/7 by parents who can and will subvert their authority, instead of letting them do their job. It's bad enough you demand they risk their lives in the schools because you won't get your shitty little kids tested for COVID, now this?

It's funny how easily they "get it" when it's in their interest to:

But they're still unable to grasp the irony. Or, well, refuse to acknowledge it for financial reasons.

Yeah, I'm gonna side with the teacher here: their job is now being monitored 24/7 by parents who can and will subvert their authority, instead of letting them do their job.
Yeah, no, fuck that shit.

Teachers that are stupidly strict with their pupils are the number 1 reason why i stopped paying attention in class.

Then again, it's really helpful to be able to stare at someone and hear nothing they say while making them think you're paying attention, so i guess they did teach me a useful life skill.

figmentPez

Staff member
I think there's something to be said about how growing class sizes and other factors have made it increasingly difficult for teachers to do anything besides just try to maintain control.

Dave

Staff member
The bad thing is if you give them an inch they will run/walk/scream all over you. So I kind of understand the need to keep things under wraps from the beginning.

I think there's something to be said about how growing class sizes and other factors have made it increasingly difficult for teachers to do anything besides just try to maintain control.
Yes. And the exponential growth of IEPs and 504s, with no support to follow through. And the ridiculous emphasis on standardized testing at the cost of actual teaching. And the constant scapegoating done by the public whenever underfunded schools with overworked teachers don’t always run perfectly. And and and... I could go on.