[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I kind of take issue with that. Some atheists really give atheists (and just by association, agnostics) a bad name. It's one thing to disagree, but I take issue with insulting another person for their religious beliefs, regardless of which beliefs you hold. It boils down to to the fact that what they believe has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Yeah I kind of take issue with that. Some atheists really give atheists (and just by association, agnostics) a bad name. It's one thing to disagree, but I take issue with insulting another person for their religious beliefs, regardless of which beliefs you hold. It boils down to to the fact that what they believe has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.
to be fair I am a pretty big atheist myself, but I have nothing to say until someone tries to force their viewpoints on me, such gems as that the planet was not only 6000 years old, but that everything is the result of a worldwide flood. all of you are more than welcome to believe it if it makes you feel better, but the geological and hydrological evidence only tells us there was a large regional flood in the Arab Peninsula about that time.

Until said beliefs are forced, or attempted to be forced upon you.
Exactly. But some atheists seem to think that Atheism is an exception and that it is okay to try and force on other people. It's not okay to press on others either. It goes both ways. And further more:

to be fair I am a pretty big atheist myself, but I have nothing to say until someone tries to force their viewpoints on me, such gems as that the planet was not only 6000 years old, but that everything is the result of a worldwide flood. all of you are more than welcome to believe it if it makes you feel better, but the geological and hydrological evidence only tells us there was a large regional flood in the Arab Peninsula about that time.
Oh no I have no problem with atheists, and don't think I'm religious in anyway just cause I'll defend them. I identify as agnostic. Which I realize people tend to think of as the coward's atheism but I see the distinction as just, firmly believing there is nothing vs just acknowledging that we'll never know so who cares?

I got no beef with anybody for their beliefs,whether they be religious of any sort, or atheist, so long as those beliefs A) aren't being forced on me or others and B) don't endorse any kind of hatred. That's pretty much my only rules.

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.