[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

makare, don't hate because the guy used y'all's own weapons against them...
I don't think I was hating on him....

I am amused that you call it a weapon. If she had told him clearly, told him what she wanted, first off where is the fun in having to tell someone specifically what you want might as well buy it for yourself. Also if she was that clear and basically told him to buy it for her he would be whining about how she is always telling him what to do. Can't win with guys like that.

Reminds me of when you try to go out to eat with someone and the only response they give is "I don't care where we go" until you start listing places. "No, not there, nah, no I don't want Italian," etc. Shit drives me nuts.

M

makare

this amused me...

because (the following is a makare might be retarded story) I finally tried egg foo young at a chinese restaurant once and was disappointed to discover it contained egg... yeah.

So yep.

Reminds me of when you try to go out to eat with someone and the only response they give is "I don't care where we go" until you start listing places. "No, not there, nah, no I don't want Italian," etc. Shit drives me nuts.
I feel like a discussion on this has been had on Halforums before.

Women aren't "game-playing bitches", game-playing bitches are game-playing bitches. A person who expects something specific but only gives very vague hints then gets pissy about it, regardless of gender, is someone you don't want to be with. Sure, stereotypically it's women, but some guys do the same kind of thing. Besides, if you like being with someone, even if they say "oh, I don't want anything," meaning any specific thing, one would still think you'd still get them something they'd enjoy having. And if money's tight, well, you could always do something unpleasant that needs doing, without them having to ask.

No Null & makare

Just no. I'm not surprised neither of you two get it. If you find that insulting, it simply further proves my point.

If you want something, you mention you want it. If they don't get it for you and were able to? Then yeah, get pissy. Otherwise, shut it. You didn't ask for it, you didn't say you might like it, you said "nothing". You get what you ask for.

Again, if you can't understand that, then I'm all the more right about your understanding capacity on this subject.

No Null & makare

Just no. I'm not surprised neither of you two get it. If you find that insulting, it simply further proves my point.

If you want something, you mention you want it. If they don't get it for you and were able to? Then yeah, get pissy. Otherwise, shut it. You didn't ask for it, you didn't say you might like it, you said "nothing". You get what you ask for.

Again, if you can't understand that, then I'm all the more right about your understanding capacity on this subject.
I don't find it insulting, it's just not the way I see it.

For me, I like showing my appreciation for someone I enjoy having in my life. Sometimes that's a gift, sometimes it's making a nice dinner or fancy dessert. Sometimes it's picking up a bottle of wine I know they like. That's how I am. If you don't feel the same, that's fine. Whatever works for you.

That has nothing to do with the subject at hand. You missed the point entirely.

The joke is to make fun of people, who play mind games with their significant other. Simple as that. She got played with own mindgame, it was funny, you didn't get it.

S

SeraRelm

Basically this; Don't bitch if you didn't get what you didn't ask for.

/discussion.

"I don't want anything" is not technically the same as "don't give me anything" (and it's even more terrible cousin "I want nothing" which is quite possibly even more ambiguous)

The former means, "I don't have any particular item that I'm interested in receiving" - not that they aren't interested in receiving a gift, just that they don't have any specific item they are requesting.

It may seem like a split hair, but I have used it that way before without thinking, and I do try to say something more specific when I think about it, "I can't think of anything right now" for instance, and when I ask someone what they want and they respond ambiguously I'll get them to clarify (or tease them if I already know the answer :awesome:).

tl;dr: ENGLISH SUCKS.

That last pic reminds me of a tragedy I beheld a few weeks back.

Gorgeous punk girl comes into the bank. Huge platform boots, tons of facial piercings, pixie cut red hair, just all sorts of sexy.

Even though our manager doesn't do the hiring, she pretty quickly told her "we didn't have any positions available" and all I wanted to do was show her all the positions available in my office. If I could only have gotten her hired here. Gawwwwwwwwd!

I have no idea how she'd honestly get a job here, it's so "button-up" etc. It had to be one of those "requirements" from her parents or something (that may have been in a car waiting for her, I couldn't tell), when she came in I basically figured she had an account she was going to withdraw from at the tellers, but I was REALLY hoping she was going to need to come to my dept for something. It wasn't till a little later I overheard the conversation where they were laughing about her trying to apply.

One turn off was the "give a fuck" look on her face the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.