[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know, for a while now, I've noticed everybody and their mother is getting on board the "longbow lip" bandwagon. I'm kinda getting tired of people who only have one lip and upper teeth.

Wait, why are her eyes heterochromatic now? I know she has one artificial eye, but they were the same color before. Just artist whim, or am I missing something?

@GasB - The only time I've even thought it worked was when you don't show the teeth (Like almost all Shego artwork. Just an upper lip, but no teeth showing) otherwise I agree completely. They end up looking "buck-toothed"

@The comic - Leave my Power-Girl cleavage ALONE!!!! :mad:

fade

Staff member
You know, for a while now, I've noticed everybody and their mother is getting on board the "longbow lip" bandwagon. I'm kinda getting tired of people who only have one lip and upper teeth.
I was just going to say that pinup either has a Ron Burgundy style 'stache, or no bottom lip.

GasBandit

Staff member
@GasB - The only time I've even thought it worked was when you don't show the teeth (Like almost all Shego artwork. Just an upper lip, but no teeth showing) otherwise I agree completely. They end up looking "buck-toothed"

@The comic - Leave my Power-Girl cleavage ALONE!!!! :mad:
Speak of the devil, it's the original offender :p

I'm not sure not showing teeth helps all that much, but at least this art is from nine years ago. It's the people still generating new art still using this bit that irritate me.

And, at least, as you say, if google image search is any indication of the truth, seems Shego gets drawn either showing no teeth or both upper and lower.

fade

Staff member
Still looks like moustaches to me. Esp. Kim.
Added at: 23:47
Shego has a moustache with a little happy smile underneath.

GasBandit

Staff member
Still looks like moustaches to me. Esp. Kim.
Added at: 23:47
Shego has a moustache with a little happy smile underneath.
Yeah, Kim seems to be a worst case scenario.. she also gets the "only upper teeth" bit a lot from what I can tell.

Shego has a jaw though -

I guess the effect they're going for is exaggerated attention to the membrane of the upper lip to make you think of lipstick (which apparently for Shego, is black).

But like I've said, Kim Possible was from 10 years ago. It's the people who lifted this and still use it today that irk me.

Funny thing is, I overall disliked the show in general, and if it wasn't a Shego episode, I turned the station. As to the situation in question, she's probably the only that's pulled it off decently and most fan-art, as you said Gas, does it well enough that it isn't "mustachey".

GasBandit

Staff member
Funny thing is, I overall disliked the show in general, and if it wasn't a Shego episode, I turned the station. As to the situation in question, she's probably the only that's pulled it off decently and most fan-art, as you said Gas, does it well enough that it isn't "mustachey".
The only one that ever held my attention was the "evil ron" one.

The only thing preventing it? Noone to take the picture and my camera doesn't do "timed". Brother's been all "married business" and would be a weird request to make of "Comic Chick" next time I have her pinned up against her wall or thrown on her bed.

You don't have a timer on your camera yet? What tech year are you stuck in? The mid-80ies?

You claim to have us all under surveillance. Tonight, I shall sleep comfortably knowing you do not hold the old "timer" technology putting you on the same tech level of Paraguay.

It's a bloody recession here, I've been using escaped convicts to keep tabs on you all. Are you happy now Jay? Are you happy knowing that it's a guy who knifed an entire subway car full of people watching you sleep instead of a nice little silent camera? Well good, sleep well.

Status
Not open for further replies.