[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every once in a while I get a little paranoid about the germyness of my phone due to reading on the throne.[DOUBLEPOST=1361477338][/DOUBLEPOST]I've twice heard grown men gasp as they step on a mother spider that was carrying her babies.

Crunch!

Sproing! Sproing! Sproing! Sproing! Sproing! Sproing!

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Sheesh, that happened to me once too. Big spider running across floor, sprayed it with raid and hundreds of babies scattered. I think I kept spraying until there was nothing left. I ended up using a paper towel and wiped them up as a great glob of spider paste.

Last time we had a "spider with an arseload of babies" problem I discovered that the aerosol spray can type of lotrimin AF was highly flammable. And then we didn't have a problem anymore.

figmentPez

Staff member
I guess once they're under the plastic container you could just wait it out. Or like, blow smoke in there and suffocate them.
Problem there is that spiders can survive without air for a long time. Someone did a study of spiders surviving drowning, and if I remember correctly all the tested species could survive at least 20 minutes underwater with no air. Some of them could survive for days without oxygen, and get up and move around as soon as they dried out. Also, I'm pretty sure the seal between the plastic container and the floor isn't good enough to really seal out all the air.

Problem there is that spiders can survive without air for a long time. Someone did a study of spiders surviving drowning, and if I remember correctly all the tested species could survive at least 20 minutes underwater with no air. Some of them could survive for days without oxygen, and get up and move around as soon as they dried out. Also, I'm pretty sure the seal between the plastic container and the floor isn't good enough to really seal out all the air.
Right. So the only viable plan here is to cut a hole in the floor somewhat larger than the diameter of the container on top of the spider, very carefully life that portion of the floor out and burn it (preferably with some napalm or thermite), then repair the floor.

Well I was thinking more of starvation with the first plan, and noxious chemicals with the second. Days without oxygen, sure. But how long breathing in cigarette smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.