Former President Trump Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Like I said, Pelosi can have all the Dems sworn in first, then do the counting of electoral ballots, then certify, THEN swear in everyone else.

Like I said, Pelosi can have all the Dems sworn in first, then do the counting of electoral ballots, then certify, THEN swear in everyone else.
This is bigger then that. The 14th Amendment makes it so those who take part in any insurrection or rebellion can not be seated in any government agency. Attempting to overthrown a legal election can be seen as insurrection, so those that sign on could be barred from swearing in. Will it happen? I don't think it's likely, but it's what a lot of people are calling for now for the 100+ representatives that signed in support of the Texas lawsuit.

The Supreme Court just dismissed Paxton's suit. So Trump lost again. He's a loser. He lost. Bigly. Nobody likes that guy.
Little fact, but Alito and Thomas were the two dissents, as I assumed they would be. Even then, the dissent says they would never have granted relief on what Texas was asking for, and they are only dissenting because they believe they should have at least took on the case rather then dismissing it. All the other justices, including all three of Trump's appointees, didn't agree.

All these idiots wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

The only reason Texas is doing well economy wise is we get a lot of federal money for border services which allows us to give a low corporate tax rate and attract big spenders. The minute we secede all those federal forces are going to bee-line to the nearest US state, followed by all those big companies because they won't want to deal with the inevitable tariffs that will force us to start dealing with high taxes.

There is about a zero chance of us ever actually seceding.

All these idiots wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

The only reason Texas is doing well economy wise is we get a lot of federal money for border services which allows us to give a low corporate tax rate and attract big spenders. The minute we secede all those federal forces are going to bee-line to the nearest US state, followed by all those big companies because they won't want to deal with the inevitable tariffs that will force us to start dealing with high taxes.

There is about a zero chance of us ever actually seceding.
The news outlets went over all the stuff Texas would lose if they seceded the *last* time they pulled this stunt back when Obama was elected.

Maybe once the Biden Administration takes charge they could start trimming the amount of federal money these saber-rattling states receive. You know, "just in case."

I don't think that isn't because they're not going to try, though.

I do honestly believe that Pelosi should refuse to seat the 138 (or whatever) representatives until after they've been investigated by a House ad hoc panel on Seditious Behavior. And have that panel host its initial hearings on, oh, say, January 21, 2020.

Oh, it doesn't have to. Just delay seating them until after the electoral college ballots have been counted.
Post automatically merged:

At the very least don't seat the ones who claim their elections were fraudulent.
Yanno, I really want to tell Rep. Biggs "Well, obviously it was fraudulent, you're still going to Washington."

In case you guys figured after today it might actually calm down, NOPE.

Stephen Miller just admitted that Trump is sending his own slates of electors to try and vote.

Then, the federal Electoral Count Act requires that state governors — not legislators — prepare a “certificate of ascertainment” that identifies the electors from each state.
These have already been drawn up. Trump can send anyone he wants. If they're not on the list, they can't legally vote.
See also: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/what-safe-harbor-day-why-it-s-bad-news-trump-n1250205

Last edited:

These have already been drawn up. Trump can send anyone he wants. If they're not on the list, they can't legally vote.
I don’t think that matters. All he needs are headlines saying his electors were denied the ability to vote. None of what he’s done has had any chance of working, but he does it anyways.

That's... not a thing.
I know, and it's bound to fail since they can only accept the slates signed by the governor and the SoS, but you know they are going to do it anyways to gum up the system and make it so they can blame the "deep state" for kicking the "rightful electors" out of the vote. The grift goes on.

In other news, a Michigan GOP lawmaker was just stripped of all his committee positions after appearing on a radio show hinting at a planned disruption of the electoral vote. When asked if he could promise no one would get hurt, he said he couldn't make that promise. Holy hell what is wrong with these people.

I know, and it's bound to fail since they can only accept the slates signed by the governor and the SoS, but you know they are going to do it anyways to gum up the system and make it so they can blame the "deep state" for kicking the "rightful electors" out of the vote. The grift goes on.

In other news, a Michigan GOP lawmaker was just stripped of all his committee positions after appearing on a radio show hinting at a planned disruption of the electoral vote. When asked if he could promise no one would get hurt, he said he couldn't make that promise. Holy hell what is wrong with these people.
I can't find anything about that. I did find a Democrat woman who was stripped of all of her committees by GOP leaders for "threatening" Trump backers who are, you know, threatening her.

Is he trying to become some sort of anti president? Like the anti popes in the past?
I could certainly see him try something like that - hold a ceremony of his own on Jan. 20th in DC, form a new administration, and claim it's the only legitimate one.
Which, you know, his own Secret Service detail would then probably have to stop him and bring him in on treason/sedition right way, if he's stupid enough to keep them around.

Yup...as long as he keeps his stupid redneck base fired up and sending him money, that's really all he cares about.

btw, you can track the electoral college votes at cnn as they come in today.
Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona have voted. Any sort of weird sudden defecting electors from other swing states wouldn't change the outcome anymore - only a sudden REALLY blue state like California presenting Trump voters would now stop the process. Good.

I can't find anything about that. I did find a Democrat woman who was stripped of all of her committees by GOP leaders for "threatening" Trump backers who are, you know, threatening her.
Michigan Rep. Gary Eisen made cryptic comments Monday about Republicans possibly trying a "Hail Mary" to intervene in the afternoon votes of the state's presidential electors and wouldn't promise a radio host that the day would be safe. (Detroit News)

Listen to the interview here:

Post automatically merged:

Michigan Rep. Gary Eisen made cryptic comments Monday about Republicans possibly trying a "Hail Mary" to intervene in the afternoon votes of the state's presidential electors and wouldn't promise a radio host that the day would be safe. (Detroit News)

Listen to the interview here: