Former President Trump Thread

So apparently Murkowski chairs the sub-committee responsible for the budget for the Dept. Of the Interior.

So trump had the Secretary of the Interior try to bully her.

So literally biting the hand that feeds you. ..

So much winning.

"It's like slavery"

Yes. Because so may suffer under the oppressive yoke of being alive. Until we can free them from the chains of being alive they will never truly be liberated.

--Patrick

Seriously are we sure this guy isn't a plant? Comparing Obamacare to slavery, telling the press Bannon sucks his own cock. I mean, he was hired to improve WH communication right?

Spineless to the end I see. You're fucking dying John, you have NOTHING to gain lockstepping anymore.
He voted no tonight and it's another loss for Trump/Ryan/Frogmonster.

His tweet from a couple days ago.

Wait for the rage storm in a couple of hours against McCain.

Anyone else think Bannon was laughing inside while declining to comment? The guy probably never imagined he's manage to set up such a shit show of a presidency in his wildest fever dreams.[DOUBLEPOST=1501222400,1501222303][/DOUBLEPOST]
Man, it's like someone set up those ethics filings just to dissuade certain people from working in government or something... and they're rolling in their graves right about now...

Welp, McCain made me feel like an asshole. I honestly didn't think he'd have the balls to do it.
With everything McCain has said/done in recent years, I am honestly shocked this is how he voted. I'd like to say that maybe, just maybe, Republicans are starting to realize they can't rally under Trump without destroying the nation, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I dunno. I mean, I'm not a huge McCain fan, very far from it, but he always gave me the impression that, outside of his run for president, he mostly had his principles - that I didn't necessarily all agreed with - and stuck with them. There's a difference between "wanting something more limited than Obamacare" and "wanting 20 million people to be out in the cold in winter, figuratively".

Why not? You think he wants his legacy to be 'deciding vote to remove healthcare from millions'?
He's 80 years old and has brain cancer. The question is, what is his priority now: "What am I going to leave as my legacy?" or "Whatever, my time is short and I've got nothing to lose."

Shelley Moore Capito has stated publicly that in spite of the tweets and calls, she's sticking to the party agenda.

She's a bigger piece of shit than her daddy. :facepalm:

He's 80 years old and has brain cancer. The question is, what is his priority now: "What am I going to leave as my legacy?" or "Whatever, my time is short and I've got nothing to lose."
Or he gives them all an out for the next election. Those running have on record that they voted to overturn the ACA! But their opponents didn't!!!

Not that they wanted it to be overturned.

Mike Huckabee demanding repeal of the 17th amendment. They have so little faith in their message that they don't want people voting or reporting on it.

Mike Huckabee demanding repeal of the 17th amendment. They have so little faith in their message that they don't want people voting or reporting on it.
FWIW, people I greatly respect support the repeal of the 17th (for different reasons).

One example that popped up this morning in response (click-through for thread):

Two days ago he voted to do just that.
Because the last year or so has been "McCain tears the republicans to shreds for the shitty things they do right before he votes along party lines." He even voted for the full repeal.
Finding this turn of events surprising, I went back to look at that vote, and according to the Hill, that was a vote to advance the repeal and replace bill to a vote, not a vote on the repeal and replace bill itself. So McCain never voted yes to actually implement any variant of repeal, he did as he promised and voted against the various bills whenever the bills themselves came to a vote, he just didn't vote against any procedural motions prior to that point.

Finding this turn of events surprising, I went back to look at that vote, and according to the Hill, that was a vote to advance the repeal and replace bill to a vote, not actually a vote on the repeal and replace bill itself. So McCain never voted yes to actually implement any variant of repeal, he did as he promised and voted against the various bills whenever the bills themselves actually came to a vote, he just didn't vote against any procedural motions prior to that point.
McCain might have voted yes on the procedural vote, knowing full well the bill would fail to pass. Rather than have the senate continually bickering over this bill, fighting until it was the Frankenstein of amendments that Obamacare eventually became, he wanted it to move forward so it could die quickly. So that something more to his liking could get started.

Had the bill failed to move forward at the procedural stage, that would give the GOP time to wear down any dissidents, or add minor amendments that would appease them, and this thing might've passed.

Finding this turn of events surprising, I went back to look at that vote, and according to the Hill, that was a vote to advance the repeal and replace bill to a vote, not a vote on the repeal and replace bill itself. So McCain never voted yes to actually implement any variant of repeal, he did as he promised and voted against the various bills whenever the bills themselves came to a vote, he just didn't vote against any procedural motions prior to that point.
Fair enough but McCains trend of doing what I said has gone on far longer.

I don't disagree there, @blotsfan, and when someone's voting yes on all motions to advance a bill, then regardless of any previous promises they've made, until it gets to that final step, you can't know for sure how they'll vote in the end. There's always a chance for someone to say they changed their mind and then vote for it anyway.