Former President Trump Thread

Some are saying the only reason for last night's address was to make people forget he's a nazi. Judging by the tweets from the political press, it worked. At least a little. The pundits are getting a backlash from their followers.
Everything Trump does is a distraction. Not that he needs it. Nothing is too much for Congress to actually step up.

Everything Trump does is a distraction. Not that he needs it. Nothing is too much for Congress to actually step up.
The problem is that they care more about party / self-preservation then country. They know they are already fucked with independents just because of all the shit Trump has done, so they worry that throwing blame on Trump will make them "betrayers" in the eyes of their base. I mean look what happened to McCain after the Skinny Repeal was shot down, he was demonized by the Right. It made me sick.

Hell, look at Mitch McConnell. Many might say it was his failures in passing Repeal and Replace, but I think Trump badmouthing him online for the last few weeks is probably more of the reason his approval in Kentucky has dropped to a horrendous 18%. Say what you will about that orange cheeto, he whips the Right into a frenzy I still just don't understand.

Is anyone really surprised?

Remember when he said he would have no time for golfing and yet now he has golfed so much he bankrupted the Secret Service?

"THANKS OBAMA!"

You know, given how little everything he's done so far has mattered...

But I guess they don't care about the face-eating leopard they voted for until it eats their faces.
Yeah, right now he's just shorting in their homes. I mean, you can't prove it is his shit.

That fat fuck Bob Murray can eat shit and die. He's welcome to sue me over that too.

Sucks for his employees though.

figmentPez

Staff member
I've seen several posts on my Facebook feed about how "the media just wants you to be upset, but in reality people are nice and you shouldn't worry", or "just look around you and you'll see so much niceness, there's no problem with racism in our country".

Yeah, just step outside and you'll see a bright sunshiney day! No need to worry about the hurricane the media is covering. There's plenty of good weather to be had if you just look for it! You don't need to think about what's happening in the gulf, that's just made up to distract you from more important things.

If you'll look at the people preparing for the storm, there's violence on both sides. Both sides.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
My brother in law (my wife's brother) called last night to talk about their mom and stuff like that. When he talked to me he stopped for a second and said, "You know, I gave you a lot of shit during the election. But you were right. I should have voted Hillary." He then on to point out why Trump scared him and how trump is too unpredictable and thin-skinned. I chose not to rub it in, but this guy is a VERY conservative dude. The Trumpgret is real if this guy is feeling it.

I thought Trump didn't actually get to pick who got fired though. I remember that was a big thing going around too.
I don't know. I didn't watch The Apprentice. I just found this when I was looking at stuff related to Boot Camp, which was one I did watch.

My brother in law (my wife's brother) called last night to talk about their mom and stuff like that. When he talked to me he stopped for a second and said, "You know, I gave you a lot of shit during the election. But you were right. I should have voted Hillary." He then on to point out why Trump scared him and how trump is too unpredictable and thin-skinned. I chose not to rub it in, but this guy is a VERY conservative dude. The Trumpgret is real if this guy is feeling it.
Is this the same guy I recall you posting about who was basically a caricature of conservatism back during the election?

Trump signed the anti-trans military thing.

Not sure what that will mean in real life, i.e. in what ways the military has to follow it or whether it affects current or past transgender members of the military, as the wording I saw emphasized "recruit."

Trump signed the anti-trans military thing.

Not sure what that will mean in real life, i.e. in what ways the military has to follow it or whether it affects current or past transgender members of the military, as the wording I saw emphasized "recruit."
Even if it comes from the commander-in-chief, it still has to be a lawful order.

Even if it comes from the commander-in-chief, it still has to be a lawful order.
Pretty much this. Taking away rights is A LOT harder than granting them, even for military members, and trans-members have already been cleared to serve by one administration. The White House/military would need to show a clear reason why this is necessary.