Former President Trump Thread

This is just a template. Its intended purpose is to be used to create memes for sites like memgenerator. However, I think it works just fine exactly as it is.
1591235849810.png

Dave

Staff member
I ain't stopping on this one. There's wrong and then there's so wrong as to not even be in the same time zone as right.

Dave

Staff member
Hey, Tin. I heard that playing a penny whistle makes you a big pussy. Now I'm going to double down for an hour while I make shit up to back up my bullshit claim, irrespective of the fact that you'd know more than me in the subject and that I was undoubtedly talking straight out my ass.

And that is a quote from whom, exactly? Your fevered brain trying to get out of this morass of stupidity?
Oh sorry, his actual essay he wrote was weaker than I thought. I guess he's just a big dumb dummy if he really hasn't figured it out.

Sorry to change the subject, but I just saw this and found it interesting:
Donald Rumsfeld’s thoughts on looting in Iraq 2003: “While no one condones looting, on the other hand, one can understand the pent-up feelings that may result from decades of repression and people who have had members of their family killed by that regime, for them to be taking their feelings out on that regime," ... looting is “part of the price of getting from a repressed regime to freedom."
So, of course I had to fact check it. This is very nearly "there's always a tweet" :D

Dave

Staff member
Oh sorry, his actual essay he wrote was weaker than I thought. I guess he's just a big dumb dummy if he really hasn't figured it out.
Yeah, he's a real dolt, that guy. God damn are you sounding like a petulant child right now. You have absolutely no legs to stand on to badmouth Mattis or anyone else who has tried to stop this douche. Mattis finally gave up & resigned when it became clear to him that Trump was no longer listening to him and that to stay in the position was an exercise in futility.

You, sir, have watched way too many movies. You have seen too many memes. You don't know shit about the military and it's painfully obvious that you never will, nor will you ever even try. You have a world view that is so black & white that I'm surprised the two sides of your psyche aren't staring at each other across a picket line. Hurr durr military man bad!

There's an interested parallel between those idiots on the right who spout shit of which they have no knowledge. We love to point fingers at them and laugh at their ignorance. But those on the left are not immune from this blind-spot ideology and say the same stupid stuff, just from a different angle.

There are military things you can talk about without having been there. War crimes. Horrific shit done in the line of duty. The rapes and assaults of the Asian people by military members. That's all fair game because it takes 0 knowledge of the inner workings of the military hierarchy or military mind to understand.

But when we are talking about chain of command stuff or things pertaining to working behind the scenes to get the right thing done without jeopardizing your career? You can not and should not even try because you just look like a fool.

The point is, in all seriousness, the partisanship in this country has dissolved to the point where anything Mattis says now is going to be too little too late to anyone who has already chosen a side. It's just going to be more preaching to the choir while the rest plug their ears.

Dave

Staff member
The point is, in all seriousness, the partisanship in this country has dissolved to the point where anything Mattis says now is going to be too little too late to anyone who has already chosen a side. It's just going to be more preaching to the choir while the rest plug their ears.
I think you are right with civilians, but he was voicing this to the people in the military. And just today several notices came out from HQDA suggesting that there may be a crisis soon where members would have to support the constitutional rights of the protesters against domestics. Think about that. An OFFICIAL military document saying that there's a chance illegal orders may be passed down. That's a startling admission.

THESE are the people Mattis was talking to.

There are some uncomfortable phrases in that letter, like peaceably assemble and violence that threatens to drown it out, which is not specifically named. I will reserve judgement until I see what action the military actually takes, but I'm not optimistic. Trump will manage to find the assholes if he makes demands of the military. It's what he's good at.

I think you are right with civilians, but he was voicing this to the people in the military. And just today several notices came out from HQDA suggesting that there may be a crisis soon where members would have to support the constitutional rights of the protesters against domestics. Think about that. An OFFICIAL military document saying that there's a chance illegal orders may be passed down. That's a startling admission.

THESE are the people Mattis was talking to.
Didn't you literally just say one page ago that orders have to be followed?

Dave

Staff member
Let's parse this out with military speak. They SPECIFICALLY state that they are there to protect people's rights to protest. Then they say about the violence that threatens to drown it out. This is a common thing. When you get military communication you have to read things between the lines that they just plain can't say out loud. In this case it's "if there are looters or someone attacking you, you can follow the rules of engagement. Otherwise, we stand with the protesters."

And no, Blots. Again, you have such a one-track mind that you can't see the fucking train until it hits you in the head and even then you'll just chalk it up to someone else being in the wrong.

LAWFUL orders have to be followed. Absolutely. ILLEGAL orders do not. Trump is stupid but he never tried to get Mattis to follow an illegal order. Is that plain enough for you or do I need to use smaller words? And yes, I'm being insulting on purpose because you just aren't getting it and are being intentionally obtuse.

Sorry. You amended as I was writing this.

I guess my question is this: If James Mattis turned down the job in 2016, how different do you think the current situation would be? Because my impression is, not very. If you don't want to call it cowardice, then at least call it failure.

I guess my question is this: If James Mattis turned down the job in 2016, how different do you think the current situation would be? Because my impression is, not very. If you don't want to call it cowardice, then at least call it failure.
Pretty sure I already highlighted that scenario. He turns it down and someone willing to do much worse, willing to sacrifice more of his ideals, takes the position.

Dave

Staff member
And what was he supposed to do? He flew in the face of that jackass and all his stupid and destructive ideas until that jackass decided he was tired of being told "no" and stopped listening. What was he supposed to do? What would YOU do if your boss was making terrible LEGAL decisions because he was stupid and listened to stupid and evil people? What would you do if you saw that nothing you said would make a difference? I'm sure you'd stand up and say, "Well look at me! I'm a hero! I'm going to ruin my career and get charged with sedition!" The fuck outa here.

Mattis left the Trump administration and did so on his terms and in the strongest way possible.

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model - gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions - to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.

Read that again as a military person. He makes these very bold statements about his beliefs and then goes on to say that since the current administration does not share these beliefs that he's leaving. Basically calling out Trump as weak & stupid. Civilians might not have understood the nuance, but you bet military people did.

There are some uncomfortable phrases in that letter, like peaceably assemble and violence that threatens to drown it out, which is not specifically named. I will reserve judgement until I see what action the military actually takes, but I'm not optimistic. Trump will manage to find the assholes if he makes demands of the military. It's what he's good at.
I liked the part where they talked about how while traveling with the National Guard they witnessed frustration and anger.

No shit idiots, the national guard was fucking causing it.

On a more serious note that doesn't involve assasinations, here's what Mattis can do now: reveal everything. Every little terrible thing trump did/tried to do/said behind closed doors. Hell, if he wants to fight dirty he can lie. "In a personal meeting he said he thought we should demote the n-words (with the hard r) down to private since they're not smart enough for command posts." Even if its a complete 100% lie, who the hell is gonna believe trump's word over his? At this point, what does he have to lose besides his cushy military contractor post? If that job means more to him that doing everything he can at this moment to stop trump, someone he deems an existential threat to the country, then he truly is a pussy.

Dave

Staff member
On a more serious note that doesn't involve assasinations, here's what Mattis can do now: reveal everything. Every little terrible thing trump did/tried to do/said behind closed doors. Hell, if he wants to fight dirty he can lie. "In a personal meeting he said he thought we should demote the n-words (with the hard r) down to private since they're not smart enough for command posts." Even if its a complete 100% lie, who the hell is gonna believe trump's word over his? At this point, what does he have to lose besides his cushy military contractor post? If that job means more to him that doing everything he can at this moment to stop trump, someone he deems an existential threat to the country, then he truly is a pussy.
And on this you and I have an accord. I think he should do the same thing and agree that he'd be taking the easy way out if he didn't. Don't think he'd spill anything that could potentially be a secret, nor do I think he'd lie.

Only if he lies, and even then, only if he gets caught.
I'm pretty sure he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and Dave would still support him so it won't be all of it.
I don't know. Given your track record, I'm far more willing to trust @Dave 's assessment of a person's character than I am yours.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I'm hoping the more they are lying about it, the worse it is. And that's the worst thing I've ever wanted for a politician.
I think it's funny, I'm a hair under 6'3" and I weight like 220 now thanks to the Covid-19 pounds and I guarantee my little paunch has fucking nothing on that gut and diaper ass he hauls around. There's not a chance in all the blue hells that he's only 240 pounds.