Former President Trump Thread

They'd never do anything to actually stop the government from being tyrannical, or else they already would've.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

"On January 8, 2018, U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro in Las Vegas dismissed with prejudice the criminal charges against Cliven Bundy, his sons Ammon and Ryan, and co-defendant Ryan Payne regarding the standoff."

I still don't know whether I side with them or not, but I only need one example to prove your statement false.

This will certainly help heal the nation of political divisiveness. I'm certain republican businesses won't retaliate down the road and claim, "Well you guys did it first!"

:facepalm:

The political landscape is changing and infecting the rest of society at an alarming pace.
Pretty sure I’ve seen articles going back years about conservative business owners doing stunts like banning liberals or charging liberals more.

Pretty sure I’ve seen articles going back years about conservative business owners doing stunts like banning liberals or charging liberals more.
I'm sorry to have implied with my statement that this is the first time in history this has happened. They might claim "well you guys did it first" to justify their revenge, but clearly they'd be wrong. It's no doubt been happening throughout the world to every party - even in small towns you'll have a business owner refuse to serve the mayor if the owner didn't get his way.

Doing so as a stunt and publicizing it surely can't be new. And retaliation against the business itself will occur.

It's a big glass house and everyone's got stones.

GasBandit

Staff member
The 2nd amendment is a trash joke. It's just so morons can feel cool with their murder-toys. They'd never do anything to actually stop the government from being tyrannical, or else they already would've.
You're an overemotional child who doesn't know what tyranny actually looks like.

We have concentration camps for the sake of kidnapping children from their parents to use as leverage. Tyranny doesn't have to effect you personally.

Gotta wait until it's too late? Gonna pretend that it's not creeping towards it?

Look, I get it. You're not going to do anything ever. I wouldn't either. My point is more about how the second amendment is for show and the guns are used to kill innocent people and they will never take down the government. You just feel big and strong when you have your gun. It's powerful. I just don't think these dumb fantasies are worth it. When ICE shows up at your door as the new SS, you'll lick the boot immediately. They'll let you keep your gun. They know you'll never use it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Gotta wait until it's too late? Gonna pretend that it's not creeping towards it?

Look, I get it. You're not going to do anything ever. I wouldn't either. My point is more about how the second amendment is for show and the guns are used to kill innocent people and they will never take down the government. You just feel big and strong when you have your gun. It's powerful. I just don't think these dumb fantasies are worth it. When ICE shows up at your door as the new SS, you'll lick the boot immediately. They'll let you keep your gun. They know you'll never use it.
Your point is wrong, your ideas laughable, and your mental state questionable.

GasBandit

Staff member
So when trump pardons himself, declaring that he is above the law, you'll lead the charge on Washington?
The pardon question has already been answered. He is not above the law, but it is impeachment that addresses that.

But if he, say, starts overturning election results and making himself a literal emperor, then maybe come talk to me, eh?

My point is more about how the second amendment is for show and the guns are used to kill innocent people and they will never take down the government.
Jus FYI, clinging to your preferred narrative even in the face of overwhelming objective evidence to the contrary is what got us into our current situation in the first place.

So please do yourself a favor and work to develop your critical thinking skills. There MUST be a decent YouTube video or two on the subject.

—Patrick

Last edited:
# of US governments taken down since the constitution was signed: 0

Innocent people killed with guns since the constitution was signed: way more than 0

GasBandit

Staff member
# of US governments taken down since the constitution was signed: 0

Innocent people killed with guns since the constitution was signed: way more than 0
Number of flawed, oversimplified arguments like the above made: considerably more than even that.

Everything Trump does is normalized to the point that people aren't even paying attention. The amount of people who think the Mueller investigation should end keeps growing the more Trump cries witch hunt, even though it's still producing results. I'm not saying we're at tyranny now, but I think it's creeping up faster than you realize, and hopefully it gets stopped, but the current party in control would rather stay in control than question what is going on, outside of a few naysayers who either still vote party line, or get voted out for daring to speak out against Trump. Our elections have been proven to be tampered with and nothing has been or will be done about it, outside of repeated attempts to suppress minority voters. But if you actually want to say that everything is business as normal *shrug*.

GasBandit

Staff member
Everything Trump does is normalized to the point that people aren't even paying attention. The amount of people who think the Mueller investigation should end keeps growing the more Trump cries witch hunt, even though it's still producing results. I'm not saying we're at tyranny now, but I think it's creeping up faster than you realize, and hopefully it gets stopped, but the current party in control would rather stay in control than question what is going on, outside of a few naysayers who either still vote party line, or get voted out for daring to speak out against Trump. Our elections have been proven to be tampered with and nothing has been or will be done about it, outside of repeated attempts to suppress minority voters. But if you actually want to say that everything is business as normal *shrug*.
Oh, I'm not saying things are *fine*, I'm just saying they're not "armed resistance in the streets" bad, and that citing that there ISN'T armed resistance in the streets right now as proof that the 2nd amendment is an empty excuse to fetishize guns is, at best, a very flawed argument.

Oh, I'm not saying things are *fine*, I'm just saying they're not "armed resistance in the streets" bad, and that citing that there ISN'T armed resistance in the streets right now as proof that the 2nd amendment is an empty excuse to fetishize guns is, at best, a very flawed argument.
We have concentration camps. The courts allowed racial vote-suppression. They allowed discrimination based on religion.

We have concentration camps. The courts allowed racial vote-suppression. They allowed discrimination based on religion.
I gotta say, comparing the current immigration bullshit to the Holocaust is both stupid and a little offensive. You simultaneously make yourself seem ridiculous for overreacting while cheapening the experiences of victims of actual ethnic genocide or violence.

Last edited:
I gotta say, comparing the current immigration bullshit to the Holocaust is both stupid and a little offensive. You simultaneously make yourself seem ridiculous for overreacting while cheapening the experiences of victims of actual ethnic genocide or violence.
They didn't start with the death camps.

figmentPez

Staff member
They didn't start with the death camps.
Which is reason to vote republicans out of office, not start a violent revolt. It's really ironic that you claim to be peace loving and against violence, and yet you're the one who regularly advocates murder on the forums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

"On January 8, 2018, U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro in Las Vegas dismissed with prejudice the criminal charges against Cliven Bundy, his sons Ammon and Ryan, and co-defendant Ryan Payne regarding the standoff."

I still don't know whether I side with them or not, but I only need one example to prove your statement false.
I don't know if i'd count having your cows graze on someone else's property as standing up to government tyranny.
Post automatically merged:

None of which is unprecedented in America, and all managed to get resolved WITHOUT armed resistance.
Yes, lets do it the classic way, with riots and walk-ins, and then some guy getting off scot free after assassinating a Civil Liberties leader...

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't know if i'd count having your cows graze on someone else's property as standing up to government tyranny.
It becomes a much more important distinction when the "someone else" is the government, and when the rights to graze there are disputed.

I am not quite sure I'd call it "tyranny," but it definitely is an example of armed resistance that gave the government pause.

"They" already are, but if they are also ones who understand the spirit of the law as well as the letter, they are doing so via the appropriate channels first, as they are supposed to, and saving what you appear to be referring to as the literal last resort.

--Patrick
Really, because, from that link stieman posted in the school shooting thread, it seems more like 2:1 of "they" (as in, gun owners) are actually supporting what's happening.
Post automatically merged:

It becomes a much more important distinction when the "someone else" is the government, and when the rights to graze there are disputed.

I am not quite sure I'd call it "tyranny," but it definitely is an example of armed resistance that gave the government pause.
By disputed you mean he argue the government can't own "lots of land", and always lost n court?

And how was the resistance effective when it ended up in court (and got thrown out because of mishandling of evidence, of all things), and with one guy dead?

Also, you seem to keep forgetting the Whiskey Rebellion!

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Really, because, from that link stieman posted in the school shooting thread, it seems more like 2:1 of "they" (as in, gun owners) are actually supporting what's happening.
That's assuming that everyone registered Republican sides with the government, and registered Democrats actually take up arms. There are at least some Republicans who have urged people to vote democrat, so I assume at least some will take up arms against anyone who seeks to stop this country from becoming a dictatorship. How many? Hard to say, but it won't be all; though it likely will be too few.

@blotsfan, please be very careful.
The behavior you are currently demonstrating is reminiscent of that pre-epiphany Marty McFly-esque behavior which attracts the sort of people who will try to get you to do Something Stupid. And when those recruiters come by, I sincerely hope you will realize in time that they are just fishing for a patsy, and that you will turn them down.

—Patrick

That's assuming that everyone registered Republican sides with the government, and registered Democrats actually take up arms. There are at least some Republicans who have urged people to vote democrat, so I assume at least some will take up arms against anyone who seeks to stop this country from becoming a dictatorship. How many? Hard to say, but it won't be all; though it likely will be too few.
Fun fact: if there is actually enough of them, you won't end up with a civil war in the first place...