EvE online: HAL Industries is recruiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
They really aren't for you. Don't train based on getting certificates. Their main uses are what TeKeo said. Just a fast way to figure out what someone can do.

Necronic

Staff member
Put up a bunch of hauling contracts tonight. Not many high value ones, but you should be able to combine a number of them

Necronic

Staff member
ooph.

There's a dev blog out about some changes that will be coming up in Taranis. And they are going to basically make my way of life impossible.

Currently my character Tehg makes his money by buying T0/Metalevel 1 items that are dropped in missions and reprocessing them. There are massive excesses of these items, and the profit margins on them are both stable and large. With the Taranis patch CCP will be removing them from mission rewards. This shouldn't affect mission runners too much as they will be replacing them with other items, but its going to bone me hard.

It should also make mining quite a bit more profitable, due to reducing the mineral supplies.

Dave

Staff member
Ain't that a damned shame.

Unfortunately it'll also make can flipping more profitable.

J

Jonzac

Just means that it will offer thief killing opportunities for the Corp as all members of a ga g get the opportunity to pod the can flipping bastard. Leave the miner and hauler alone but in a gang/fleet. When the can gets flipped the rest of the gang comes webs his ass and pops him. A couple timesof that and we will get left alone. I'd like to see us all gather and control a 0.6 or 0.3 system and own it for a night

F

Ferahgo

.6 is high sec.....how do you propose we control it? And what would be the benefits of controlling any .6 - .1 system? And no matter how many times you run off or kill a can flipper, it won't make you immune to them, not like they'll spread to word to the other 10000 can flippers about your setup lol.

Necronic

Staff member
so since no one else was getting into it:

2010.04.03 06:19:00

Victim: Rymmer
Corp: Quantum Horizons
Alliance: Skynet Confederation
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Punisher
System: Keshirou
Security: 0.2
Damage Taken: 2425

Involved parties:

Name: Sansha's Loyal Servant / True Power
Damage Done: 2335

Name: Hellkyte (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.4
Corp: HAL Industries
Alliance: NONE
Ship: Vexor
Weapon: Ogre I
Damage Done: 90

Destroyed items:

Gatling Pulse Laser II, Qty: 3
Small Energy Collision Accelerator I
Small 'Ghoul' Energy Siphon I
F85 Peripheral Damage System I
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Multifrequency S, Qty: 3

Dropped items:

Heat Sink I
Small Armor Repairer I
100mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

J

Jonzac

You hit him while he had a RAT on him? Now that's evil. On the flip side I just finished training gallente cruiser so I can fly a Vexor...how do you fit it out?

F

Ferahgo

Go to character sheet, then to Combat log, then find the kill/loss, right click and copy kill information. Paste where ever.

k, dumb question..

what EXACTLY is "can flipping" ?

Scrounging around for other people's containers and emptying them? Don't they see you did it? I'm a bit confused. :/

I know, I'm such a noob.
That's half of it. Can-flipping is a high-sec tactic for getting someone else to attack you so you can attack them back legally.

When you steal from someone's can, you become a legal target for them, and if you can prompt them to attack you, they become a legal target for you. What some guys like to do is can-flip with a fast ship, get shot at a couple times, warp out, and then come back in cruiser or BC and blow the crap out of the can owner.

Another way to do it is to steal from the can, then make a new can yourself in the area, and make sure you get seen doing it, so the other guy tries to steal your stuff back. Then you can blow them up, and you won't even need to get shot at first.

EDIT: Some guy tried to can-flip me yesterday, but he tried to do it in a Harbinger (BC), so I just ignored him because he could have very easily nailed me no matter what I did.

So he came back and tried to do it again in his mining barge, and so I launched 4 hammerheads, and he ran away. I'm guessing he was totally solo, and realized at the last second that I could blow his barge out of the sky much faster than he could warp away and get in his BC again.

C

Catafish

This guy tried to can flip me and I decided to see if I could take him down and I just barely managed to kill him after overloading my weapon rack and my repair rack. I think I ended with about 20% structure, it was awesome.

2010.04.04 08:59:00

Victim: jinko Stainesk
Corp: The Undead Ones
Destroyed: Incursus
System: Akiainavas
Security: 0.7
Damage Taken: 1992

Involved parties:

Name: Darigorn (laid the final blow)
Security: 0.0
Corp: HAL Industries
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: 150mm Light Gallium I Machine Gun
Damage Done: 1979

Name: Guristas Arrogator / Guristas
Damage Done: 13

Destroyed items:

Shield Recharger I (Cargo)
Damage Control II
Rocket Launcher I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Void S, Qty: 2918 (Cargo)
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Warp Scrambler I (Cargo)
Lead Charge S, Qty: 397 (Cargo)
Plutonium Charge S, Qty: 200 (Cargo)
X5 Prototype I Engine Enervator
Light Electron Blaster II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I, Qty: 3
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 300
Small Armor Repairer II
Foxfire Rocket, Qty: 300 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Pyroxeres (Cargo)
Monopropellant I Hydrazine Boosters
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 1164 (Cargo)
1MN Afterburner I (Cargo)
Light Electron Blaster II, Qty: 2
Phalanx Rocket, Qty: 800 (Cargo)
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 150
Energized Basic Reflective Plating (Cargo)

Necronic

Staff member
You did a whole 90 damage. :laugh:
Actually its way worse than that. The rat had him scrambled :). But I didn't go into the fight with that knowledge, and I had been in system for a while, so this dude should have known better. The reason I only got 90 damage on him was that as soon as my web hit him the rats completely face raped him. Either way though, rats or no rats he would have gone boom if I had scrammed him. I probably wouldn't have though. I warped in @ 25k, which is more than enough time for a non-scrambled frigate pilot to align and gtfo seeing as I was using a scram and not a disruptor.

Anyways, I've been thinking some more about this. I'm sure the dude was a little surprised to see someone from a corp named "Hal Industries" attack him. I want to take it one step further. I want to make the corp info make us look like a total carebear corp (which we kind of are). Stuff like "We run missions, do mining" and also "we are an Anti-Pirate corp. If any pirates are bothering you please let us know and we'll see what we can do to help!" This will make people wonder if our low sec status is in fact due to awesome abilities as Anti-Pirates (which, by the way, means "total fucking pussy" to anyone who actually does serious pvp), and of course there will be the added bonus of people occasionally telling us about pirate activity in low sec, thinking we will help them. Then we warp into low sec with them and kill them.

I'm not sure what our activity is like at the moment. Seems a couple of our players have gotten a lot less active, and others have completely dropped off the face of the game. That said I would like to schedule an OP for next sunday (1 week from tommorow). I'm thinking cruiser tournament. It really depends on how many players we get. Either way I would also like to put together some gangs for low sec ganking. Being able to fly a cruiser would be important, but we would need frigate tacklers as well.

Dave

Staff member
I'm in, depending on when my wife gets home. She is leaving Thursday night and won't be coming home until Sunday. She's helping her sister house hunt.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Pardon me.
She's helping her sister house hunt.
I have heard dandelions roaring out in my backyard. The direct approach is dangerous till you're sure they've dropped the guard. You'd be better off to wait till the brutes go for the bait, and when they can't anticipate is when you pounce and break their neck.

F

Ferahgo

We are not yet at a point where we can fend off decent pirate players off others/ourselves if we get into that situation. Hell, just 1 decent pirate player could/would wreck havoc over our corp. Do not rely on me to be a backbone to the corps strengths, I'm at work to much to be of much use, and straker isn't on much either. It would be up to the majority of our active members to protect each other, and at the moment, they wouldn't survive against decent pirates, even if it was just one.

I should be able to be on this sunday just fine. I haven't been on a lot the last few days partly due to being sick, I'm not really willing to lock myself into something I can't pause and leave in a second's notice without risking some serious losses. Also partly due to wanting to play some other games.

Necronic

Staff member
We are not yet at a point where we can fend off decent pirate players off others/ourselves if we get into that situation. Hell, just 1 decent pirate player could/would wreck havoc over our corp. Do not rely on me to be a backbone to the corps strengths, I'm at work to much to be of much use, and straker isn't on much either. It would be up to the majority of our active members to protect each other, and at the moment, they wouldn't survive against decent pirates, even if it was just one.
Yeah, I posted that comment after we had talked. I had written it all up a day or 2 before, but hadn't actually hit submit. The jist of the conversation was that putting something like "Anti-Pirate" is a good way to get a pirate corp to attack us. Unlike PvE corps or other so called anti-pirate corps, a pirate corp is a sincer and significant threat to the well being of our corporation if they were to attack us.

So for now I haven't put the "Anti-pirate" comment in, we'll wait on that.

Been thinking more about the payout for a corp killmail. Catafish/Darigorn was paid out 20 mil for his killmail, as said, but I want others to be encouraged to do the same. So here's the deal. Each day there hasn't been a kill the payout for a new kill will go up 1 mil isk. So, 2 days after the last kill the payout is 2 mil. 1 week after its 7 mil. 2 weeks after 14 mil isk and so on. I may increase that number, haven't decided yet.

F

Ferahgo

You guys can also duel me (not to the death), to try out different spec's and tactics if you want. If you are able to make me concede before you, I may add a bonus :).

Bah, sorry for not being around this weekend. I was busy busy busy. I'll definitely be around for Sunday's op though.

I might actually have some time to play now. I have been neglecting my training, so I'm well behind everyone. If I have time I'm going to try and hit up a few missions tonight.

Necronic

Staff member
You guys can also duel me (not to the death), to try out different spec's and tactics if you want. If you are able to make me concede before you, I may add a bonus :).
Take him up on this, seriously. Fer has hit me with the "your fit sucks" stick enough times to understand the value of this. If I had taken those ships out to low sec and started a fight with a similar sized ship I would have lost.

Also, Shakey, glad to see you are still around. I was worried we had lost you for good.

A

Andromache

In my case that's like asking a tiny crippled kid to get into a fist fight with a thermonuke

In my case that's like asking a tiny crippled kid to get into a fist fight with a thermonuke[/QUOTE]

Well, then the little crippled kid better know which color wire to cut. :p

A

Andromache

Are you familiar with the principles of how thermonuclear missiles work?

short story: crippled kid loses.

Necronic

Staff member
Don't think that just because Ferahgo has lots of SP that you can't learn anything dueling with him. If you come in a cruiser he won't come in a battleship or a HAC, he'll come in something reasonable. Remember, bigger isn't always better, yall have every chance to learn something from deuling with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.