[Gaming] Elder Scrolls 5 - Dawnguard is HERE!

Why would you need to bookmark that when it's obvious the reverse trident icon = shout, and the dragon head = dragon...

There's only like 2-3 places that don't follow that...

Dave

Staff member
I like both maps but the one with the colored parts shows the locations of the Shouts. Not all Nordic Ruins have Shouts in them. I know the Dragon locations do.

Okay, I've stopped laughing now, so here's my question, I've basically finished the main storyline on my first character *stealth sniper type*, I think I'm going to go mage style this time. would I really need to go with enchanting?

In a way it kinda sucked that I peaked Blacksmithing *especially* and enchanting early and whenever I was given these cool reward weapons, I'd look at my forged stuff and just stick the reward items on a rack or mannequin.

Thanks

Dave

Staff member
You don't HAVE to go with enchanting, but after a while you can enchant your own stuff so that your spells are basically free to cast. Like my Conjurer character casts Fireballs at 4 MP a pop. I keep a couple of Dremora Lords hanging around just for the hell of it.

Conjuration is great once you get Expert spells.

I am working on conjuring myself, but as a sneak mage I focused the most on Illusion and Sneak.

What is hilarious, is now that I got Silent Casting and high Sneak, I can attack things with spells from the shadows and they can't fight back, AT ALL. They will wander around looking for me while I hit them in the face with fireballs only a few feet away.

GasBandit

Staff member
This weekend, I 2-shotted a dragon with arrows from stealth. I'm only level 46. Just got sneak to 100 but archery is still only 80... I've started raising other abilities just for the heck of it (and for added challenge because otherwise everything dies in 1 hit)... even 1 handed, despite my khajit punches doing close to 100 a pop now.

Dave

Staff member
A few things happened last night that have never happened to me before.

1. I was sneaking towards a Forsworn camp, sticking to shadows and getting ready to fireball the shit out of them when suddenly Lydia was fucking flattened by a horse falling out of the sky! I looked up and around but there were no dragons flying or anything. I am assuming it was launched by a giant somewhere else but it scared the shit out of me.
  2. I was fighting a dragon. It was just Lydia and myself with my two conjurer Dremora Lords. I pumped a fireball at it and at the last minute noticed that a new figure had joined the fray. Too late. The fireball went off and aggroed a shit-ton of guardsmen who had approached from the other side. I sheathed my weapons but the Dremora were already in bloodlust so I had no choice but to fight. Then Lydia told me to fuck off & left with a full set of Dragonplate gear. Bitch.
  3. I died for the first time in 10 levels or so - I'm level 30 or so. I shouted a hunter off the edge of a cliff, giggling gleefully. I went to the edge to watch her bounce and my fucking Dremora decided he wanted to watch also, but in the same place I was standing. Pushed me off of the edge. At least I think that's how it happened. One minute I was on the edge looking down, the next I was falling. Looking back al I could see was his stupid face staring down at me.
Fucking game.

Never trust the Dremora....

or the Simkin
Added at: 11:57

gonna go home and get this secret shout.... looks sweet.

Dave

Staff member
Hmm. Wonder if maybe I hit Lydia and that's what pissed her off. I didn't think I did but if I got her in a couple of fireball blasts I think she'd tell me to go fuck myself.

GasBandit

Staff member
Actually Alea left during one of those battles. So it may just drop you companions during the major battles that have the dialogue at the end.
Ah. I noticed in several thief guild missions Illia would just not follow me into certain doors/caves... and would just magically reappear when I left. Maybe that's it.

Yeah, Dave, sounds to me like you tagged Lydia with some AE.