E3 2015

Eh, we'll see. They could be just pushing 10, but it might not be a requirement.[DOUBLEPOST=1434505642,1434505567][/DOUBLEPOST]Gears of War coming to PC?

Iiiiiiinteresting.
It's apparently DX12, so it'll be Win10 only. Also, Microsoft only cares about PC gaming when they have a new OS to push.

My other guess, it'll be a fucking Win10 Appstore exclusive as well.

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH.

And in like 5 years (4 years too long) when they decide to abandon the appstore, we all must hope that game companies decide to grace us by patching out the appstore requirement. WE'VE ALL DANCED THE STUPID DANCE BEFORE.

This is basically where I'm at, save for still having an interest in FExSMT for some reason.
They are playing it right now on Nintendo Live.

And now this game is growing on me...

Then again, I also liked Final Fantasy X-2, so my opinion is probably suspect.

Last edited:
They are playing it right now on Nintendo Live.

And now this game is growing on me...

Then again, I also liked Final Fantasy X-2, so my opinion is probably suspect.
I hated X-2 at first, but it grew on me. The problem is I'm a sucker for job systems.

These are the kinds of people who should be making games. I can't remember the last time someone sounded so passionate and real about their work on something.

Still watching this, but man the girl in the jacket is adding absolutely nothing to the conversation about the game. She's completely obsessed with the costumes for some reason, while everyone else is trying to explain things like combat and the overall storyline, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1434587328,1434587198][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh good 25 minutes in and she has something constructive to say.[DOUBLEPOST=1434587385][/DOUBLEPOST]Combat looks fun, combining the Weapon Weakness system from FE and the various enemy Types from SMT, plus the combo attacks.[DOUBLEPOST=1434587465][/DOUBLEPOST]Dungeons feel very Persona-y in terms of style.[DOUBLEPOST=1434587836][/DOUBLEPOST]The game in general looks more like Persona than SMT, though to be fair I don't have a lot of experience with the SMT series compared to Persona/FE.

All in all the game looks fun, and I'm finding myself pretty interested in playing it.

I'm still just not convinced. I'm sure some of that is being excited with all the possibilities that could come from a crossover of those two properties, only to end up with a game that sort of both, but also sort of neither. More like the two series had a child than a crossover.

The other problem is that I've played a few Atlus RPGs outside of SMT/Persona, and while Radiant Historia was a treasure, it was outnumbered by the disappointing titles. So I'm not ready to buy in for this yet. Eager for Persona 5 and Fire Emblem Fates though.

Reggie responds to the "apology" from Iwata I linked earlier:

"It was not an apology. It was not a statement about the content we're showing, essentially it was an 'I hear you' message. Mr. Iwata is in Japan and what he's trying to do is help explain to consumers in Japan what's going on at E3. The correct translation of his message was: 'Thank you for your feedback. We hear you and we are committed to continuing to meet your expectations,' was essentially his message.
(Concerning the reaction to Metroid Prime: Federation Force) One of the things I find interesting is that if you look at E3 historically for Nintendo, typically what happens is a press briefing happens or our digital event happens and then over the course of the next couple of days people see the games get to play the games and the appreciation and understanding of what we're doing increases over those three days and continues to build into the holidays.
Splatoon is a game that people are loving right now, but if you rewind to E3 last year, Splatoon was being viewed as, 'Yes, it's innovative and it's different, but the controls are a little hard and I don't understand the mechanic of turning into a squid and going through the ink.' There were all of these complaints. But now you look at the finished product and the satisfaction is huge. For us, our goal is to make sure we announce the content, help people understand the content, but most importantly get hands on with the games. I haven't heard the feedback (for this year's Best Buy demonstrations), but I think the feedback is going to be quite positive because what we do is make great games and they show well and they really lead to consumer excitement."
Really? You want to compare this cash-in "Metroid" game to a brand new IP? Come on now.

Reggie responds to the "apology" from Iwata I linked earlier:

Really? You want to compare this cash-in "Metroid" game to a brand new IP? Come on now.
His explanation is essentially that Iwata was doing the Japanese businessman thing. And that's fair; a lot of people don't understand Japan's corporate culture.

But leaving content alone, the reaction to Metroid Prime Federation Force vs Splatoon is entirely different. Splatoon was met with intrigue and confusion. MPFF has been met with outrage and disdain.

And while I want to say "if Reggie is that confident about it, we'll have to see." For all I know, we'll all eat our words when the game comes out and it'll be amazing. But I can't use Nintendo confidence as a litmus test, because remember Code Name Steam? Nintendo didn't just announce Splatoon at E3 2014; Code Name Steam was the other new IP, which was a big deal that E3. But Nintendo didn't do much to support it and when the game came out, those few of us who bought it discovered why--it was mediocre. It was just an okay game, but really not worth $40, and it got boring fast. Notice Nintendo hasn't mentioned it once since release. I found that odd.

We could see the same with MFPP. Minor advertising, and then silence upon release. We'll have to see, but I can't imagine this being the next Splatoon.

I'm not too thrilled at the new Zelda either, and I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. While I admire their intent to create a new Four Swords-inspired adventure, this time with cooperative elements that plays more like an actual Zelda game, for those of us without two friends to play through the game with, there's going to be a lot of stop-and-go with the gameplay. I really don't see that as being super engaging. Nor would it necessarily be so if you're playing as a group. That tower looks awfully two-player.

Between those two games, there seems to be a big emphasis on 3DS multiplayer, but that's an iffy goal. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate works fantastic, but Smash Bros 3DS online remains spotty even 9 months after release. Will MPFF get dedicated support or will it be the site of frequent uplayable lag?

I watched more of the gameplay for Metroid Prime Federation Force and it's just not grabbing me. If they want people getting into this, they're going to need a multiplayer demo like for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Even then, not sure I want to play $40 for 30 missions + outer space Blitzball.

I'm going to be honest, up until just now I never realized that Code Name STEAM existed. I mean, I'd heard it talked about before, but I'd always confused it for Steamworld: Dig, which was an ok game that I found ultimately boring.

I'm going to be honest, up until just now I never realized that Code Name STEAM existed. I mean, I'd heard it talked about before, but I'd always confused it for Steamworld: Dig, which was an ok game that I found ultimately boring.
That's what I mean. Nintendo's done nothing to support it, make people aware of it, etc. But it was a big deal last E3. I love Nintendo, but they can't be trusted blindly. (Code Name Steam, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Metroid: Other M).

As for E3:

- Fallout 4
- Doom
- Fire Emblem: Fates
- FFVII remake
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Cuphead (even though I'll never get to play it)

- Xenoblade X
- Doom
- For Glory
- FFVII
- FE: Fates
- Horizon
- Kingdom Hearts 3

There's others I'm kind of interested in but those are the biggest ones for me, I think.

-Doom
-FF VII
-Kingdom Hearts 3
-Horizon
-Unravel
-Uncharted 4 (been a casual fan of the series for awhile)

Honestly, it's getting me tempted to get a PS4. Even still, I think I'll wait until the inevitable Slim model.

Did they say that for sure? SE's not exclusive with FF since XIII, and all the FF games at E3 kept saying "Play it first on" as opposed to "only on."
The way it seemed to me is that it will be PS4 exclusive for a time. That could be two weeks, two months, a year ... who knows? Probably will depend on how happy they are with sales; one article I read had Square-Enix saying they hoped the FF7 remake would boost the PS4 install base, so there's clearly some agenda there on Sony's side.

So it's one or three. That seals it; I'm out. I could've maybe persuaded my wife to join in, but I don't have a threesome for playing Zelda games.

Metroid Prime Frustration Force is likely the same issue. Until they reveal some manner of communication between online players, I won't have people to play with locally and it sounds pointless solo.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the online issues with these games considering Smash Bros 3DS and even Splatoon. I rarely ever had hiccups with the Monster Hunter games online, but the only Nintendo games I've had an easy online experience with were the Pokemon games, because they were turn-based.