E3 2015

It's less than two weeks away, so now seems as good a time as any to get a thread going.

Today we had the juicy teaser for Fallout 4, with more info promised by Bethesda at E3. I guess they're also going to be showing off the new Doom, but no one's going to care about that unless somehow buying Doom will make Fallout 4 release sooner.

I'm hoping to see something about SOMA, Amensia developer's sci-fi horror game.

At the bottom barrel of pathetic is the hope that Capcom will announce a new Mega Man game to get some kind of variety in the pile of Monster Hunter titles they're planning for this and next year.

For the most part though, I'll be playing Nintendo bingo:

To best play this game, Nintendo will first disappoint you by offering almost none of the things you wanted, and then excite you by showing a bunch of things you never knew you wanted.

Last edited:
If Bethesda made a Doom in the expansive world style of their other games, I would snap that up release day. I would love to see them build a lore to it, have this grand exploration into a terrifying mix of technology and the metaphysical. That would be something.

But this is probably just Doom 4 essentially.

I hope for it every year, but with Source 2 on the horizon, I'm kinda hoping Valve is going to announce Half-Life 3.

I know. It won't happen. But I can dream.

It's less than two weeks away, so now seems as good a time as any to get a thread going.

Today we had the juicy teaser for Fallout 4, with more info promised by Bethesda at E3. I guess they're also going to be showing off the new Doom, but no one's going to care about that unless somehow buying Doom will make Fallout 4 release sooner.

I'm hoping to see something about SOMA, Amensia developer's sci-fi horror game.

At the bottom barrel of pathetic is the hope that Capcom will announce a new Mega Man game to get some kind of variety in the pile of Monster Hunter titles they're planning for this and next year.

For the most part though, I'll be playing Nintendo bingo:

To best play this game, Nintendo will first disappoint you by offering almost none of the things you wanted, and then excite you by showing a bunch of things you never knew you wanted.
I am not ashamed to admit that I would freak out if they released Pokemon Snap 2. >.>

Also we should have a separate thread for Nintendo. This thread should be for gamers, not doll collectors.

169043301347b4fab8b0694.gif
....I'm serious

On second thought, though I don't agree with Jay's reasoning, Nintendo probably should be a separate thread. They've purposefully separated themselves from E3 by having their own presentation, and now their own big competition. They also have so many of their own franchises, which means a lot of titles pouring out of just one company, all at once. And then there's how they've separated themselves as focusing on being fun, which is a nice change of pace from a lot of the shit--at least for the last few years.

I'll edit the OP and make a new thread.

Nintendo already has it's own thread doesn't it? I don't think Nintendo needs another thread if we're talking about Nintendo AT E3. That's just silly.

figmentPez

Staff member
I hope for it every year, but with Source 2 on the horizon, I'm kinda hoping Valve is going to announce Half-Life 3.

I know. It won't happen. But I can dream.
HL3 announced as an engine and art assets. All levels, gameplay, story, etc. will be added via paid mods.

Maybe instead of E3 they want to hold off until HL3.
If that's the case, and next year is F3 and then G3, then there's only about 180 years to go!

--Patrick

They have a console coming out in 6 months and are skipping out? They need to give people a chance to try this thing, see how it works.
Do they? They have a controller coming out, but I was under the impression that Valve was just licensing the software (SteamOS, which is itself a linux distribution that is itself free for personal use) to manufacturers like Alienware.

Do they? They have a controller coming out, but I was under the impression that Valve was just licensing the software (SteamOS, which is itself a linux distribution that is itself free for personal use) to manufacturers like Alienware.
It's called a Steam Machine; I figured they were at least somewhat invested in its creation and future.

I don't know why I keep thinking E3 happens on the weekend. Nope, gonna be at work, find out shit when I get home.

Except Nintendo's have some Smash bros incoming news bit on Sunday, which I expect to be "Lucas DLC release date, Splatoon costumes are available, and maybe some other costumes, couple levels." Nothing huge.

But then there's Tuesday (I think).

Early info leak on Nintendo's event: Hyrule Warriors will be coming to 3DS, with new characters.

... I'm not feeling this, at least not as just a port. If they have some new features and stuff, I might be more interested, but unless it's going to be New 3DS exclusive, they would have to chop down on some features to make it work, when it would really need to add features to be enticing.

SquareEnix released this weird teaser for E3:

I'm assuming they used the remix of Frog's Theme just to fuck with Chrono Trigger fans.
Not just music, but lots of sound effects in that remix. My initial feeling is that that's all Square-Enix plans to do in recognition of the 20th anniversary of one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I do have to wonder if one of those secret things is in relation to Chrono Trigger ... but you're probably right that they're just fucking with us.

They need to die and start anew but I guess new ff will be mediocre and sell well and the cycle will continue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk