Export thread

E3 2015

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's less than two weeks away, so now seems as good a time as any to get a thread going.

Today we had the juicy teaser for Fallout 4, with more info promised by Bethesda at E3. I guess they're also going to be showing off the new Doom, but no one's going to care about that unless somehow buying Doom will make Fallout 4 release sooner.

I'm hoping to see something about SOMA, Amensia developer's sci-fi horror game.

At the bottom barrel of pathetic is the hope that Capcom will announce a new Mega Man game to get some kind of variety in the pile of Monster Hunter titles they're planning for this and next year.

For the most part though, I'll be playing Nintendo bingo:

To best play this game, Nintendo will first disappoint you by offering almost none of the things you wanted, and then excite you by showing a bunch of things you never knew you wanted.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Yeah, Doom is confirmed for E3.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If Bethesda made a Doom in the expansive world style of their other games, I would snap that up release day. I would love to see them build a lore to it, have this grand exploration into a terrifying mix of technology and the metaphysical. That would be something.

But this is probably just Doom 4 essentially.

Celt Z

Celt Z

While he's not actually going to E3, Mr. Z won tickets to some kind of offical live-stream viewing party. Apparently they give out a lot of free stuff. I'm hoping he's going.

PatrThom

PatrThom

While he's not actually going to E3, Mr. Z won tickets to some kind of offical live-stream viewing party. Apparently they give out a lot of free stuff. I'm hoping he's going.
Is he going to bring the banana suit?

--Patrick

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I hope for it every year, but with Source 2 on the horizon, I'm kinda hoping Valve is going to announce Half-Life 3.

I know. It won't happen. But I can dream.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I hope for it every year, but with Source 2 on the horizon, I'm kinda hoping Valve is going to announce Half-Life 3.

Half life 3 announced...as a mobile game.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Half life 3 announced...as a mobile game.

Jay

Jay

Should be the best E3 in years.

Frank

Frank

By default.

The last few have been dreadful.

Dei

Dei

It's less than two weeks away, so now seems as good a time as any to get a thread going.

Today we had the juicy teaser for Fallout 4, with more info promised by Bethesda at E3. I guess they're also going to be showing off the new Doom, but no one's going to care about that unless somehow buying Doom will make Fallout 4 release sooner.

I'm hoping to see something about SOMA, Amensia developer's sci-fi horror game.

At the bottom barrel of pathetic is the hope that Capcom will announce a new Mega Man game to get some kind of variety in the pile of Monster Hunter titles they're planning for this and next year.

For the most part though, I'll be playing Nintendo bingo:

To best play this game, Nintendo will first disappoint you by offering almost none of the things you wanted, and then excite you by showing a bunch of things you never knew you wanted.
I am not ashamed to admit that I would freak out if they released Pokemon Snap 2. >.>

Jay

Jay

Also we should have a separate thread for Nintendo. This thread should be for gamers, not doll collectors.

169043301347b4fab8b0694.gif
....I'm serious

Dei

Dei

Blah blah blah, Jay hates Nintendo yadda yadda.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Blah blah blah, Jay hates Nintendo yadda yadda.
It's okay; Nintendo's branching out to have mobile games for their franchises, so Jay will have something else to play on his phone besides that Dora the Explorer game he has a few minutes for each day.[DOUBLEPOST=1433383366,1433383264][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

On second thought, though I don't agree with Jay's reasoning, Nintendo probably should be a separate thread. They've purposefully separated themselves from E3 by having their own presentation, and now their own big competition. They also have so many of their own franchises, which means a lot of titles pouring out of just one company, all at once. And then there's how they've separated themselves as focusing on being fun, which is a nice change of pace from a lot of the shit--at least for the last few years.

I'll edit the OP and make a new thread.

Dei

Dei

Nintendo already has it's own thread doesn't it? I don't think Nintendo needs another thread if we're talking about Nintendo AT E3. That's just silly.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Nintendo already has it's own thread doesn't it? I don't think Nintendo needs another thread if we're talking about Nintendo AT E3. That's just silly.
I guess you're right. I'll fix it.

Wife also agrees with you :p.

figmentPez

figmentPez

HL3 announced as an engine and art assets. All levels, gameplay, story, etc. will be added via paid mods.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

HL3 announced as an engine and art assets. All levels, gameplay, story, etc. will be added via paid mods.
And only available for the Vive.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Half-Life 3: Wii U exclusive.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nintendo's the only console NOT ruining PC gaming.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

They have a console coming out in 6 months and are skipping out? They need to give people a chance to try this thing, see how it works.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Maybe instead of E3 they want to hold off until HL3.
If that's the case, and next year is F3 and then G3, then there's only about 180 years to go!

--Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

All these 3's. I feel like I'm watching "Cause and Effect" from Star Trek: TNG.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

They have a console coming out in 6 months and are skipping out? They need to give people a chance to try this thing, see how it works.
Do they? They have a controller coming out, but I was under the impression that Valve was just licensing the software (SteamOS, which is itself a linux distribution that is itself free for personal use) to manufacturers like Alienware.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Do they? They have a controller coming out, but I was under the impression that Valve was just licensing the software (SteamOS, which is itself a linux distribution that is itself free for personal use) to manufacturers like Alienware.
It's called a Steam Machine; I figured they were at least somewhat invested in its creation and future.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't know why I keep thinking E3 happens on the weekend. Nope, gonna be at work, find out shit when I get home.

Except Nintendo's have some Smash bros incoming news bit on Sunday, which I expect to be "Lucas DLC release date, Splatoon costumes are available, and maybe some other costumes, couple levels." Nothing huge.

But then there's Tuesday (I think).

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Early info leak on Nintendo's event: Hyrule Warriors will be coming to 3DS, with new characters.

... I'm not feeling this, at least not as just a port. If they have some new features and stuff, I might be more interested, but unless it's going to be New 3DS exclusive, they would have to chop down on some features to make it work, when it would really need to add features to be enticing.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

SquareEnix released this weird teaser for E3:

I'm assuming they used the remix of Frog's Theme just to fuck with Chrono Trigger fans.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

SquareEnix released this weird teaser for E3:

I'm assuming they used the remix of Frog's Theme just to fuck with Chrono Trigger fans.
Not just music, but lots of sound effects in that remix. My initial feeling is that that's all Square-Enix plans to do in recognition of the 20th anniversary of one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I do have to wonder if one of those secret things is in relation to Chrono Trigger ... but you're probably right that they're just fucking with us.

Jay

Jay

*yawn*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

*yawn*

Yeah, I know. Even if they did something, I can't see it being any good.

Jay

Jay

They need to die and start anew but I guess new ff will be mediocre and sell well and the cycle will continue

Frank

Frank

Is there any news left for E3? The whole industry has been collander-like in it's ability to keep a secret. Bethesda fucking up and announcing Dishonored 2 during a Twitch test, etc.

Jay

Jay

Geez

Jay

Jay

Everything I read today is a "leak" and all Steam sales seem to be shit this year (lots of increased prices before the sale).

Gaming is sucking hard ATM/

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Unless E3 was only going to be 20 minutes long, I don't think everything's been leaked. Then again, I'm not looking up gaming news. I found the Nintendo stuff by accident. So, if we stop searching, we might find out less until those days. Even if games are known, we're not getting the videos, release dates, etc. that we'll hopefully get at E3 itself.

On a Nintendo leak note, so far it's just been Smash (which was going to be announced in 2 hours anyway) and Hyrule Warriors 3D, which is just one game and not exceptional. Woo, a port, which is bizarre now that the Wii U is finally taking off and Nintendo doesn't need to make redundant console/handheld double games, unless they're going to start proper cross-purchase. I think the only game doing that right now is the recent Mario Minis game--again, woop de shit.

My wife had the idea that Hyrule Warriors 3D shouldn't just be two Wind Waker characters, but a full cel-shaded, Wind Waker style version of Hyrule Warriors. That I would totally buy.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Everything I read today is a "leak" and all Steam sales seem to be shit this year (lots of increased prices before the sale).

Gaming is sucking hard ATM/
I've seen less than half a dozen games reported to have increased their prices before the sales. In the huge library of Steam games, that's hardly "lots." And oh no, news of potentially great games have been leaked? Oh, the humanity.

Filthy casual.

Jay

Jay

I've seen less than half a dozen games reported to have increased their prices before the sales. In the huge library of Steam games, that's hardly "lots." And oh no, news of potentially great games have been leaked? Oh, the humanity.

Filthy casual.
Keep calm emo pleb.

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=borderlandsiigameofyearedition

Replace the game with any of your choice before you buy.

This goes for everyone willing to buy a game on Steam. Make sure that deal is... a deal.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Keep calm emo pleb.

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=borderlandsiigameofyearedition

Replace the game with any of your choice before you buy.

This goes for everyone willing to buy a game on Steam. Make sure that deal is... a deal.
Still less than half a dozen games reported to price gouge. Those publishers should be ashamed of themselves, but it still doesn't bring down the sale as a whole.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think the problem is that people have too many games.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yup, I think there's a lot of gamer fatigue - especially here, where we're slowly growing older ;) All of us have huge backlogs.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yup, I think there's a lot of gamer fatigue - especially here, where we're slowly growing older ;) All of us have huge backlogs.
My frontlog is pretty impressive, too.

PatrThom

PatrThom

My frontlog is pretty impressive, too.
TMI
(Too Much Innuendo)

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

Watching the Nintendo World Championships. The "Underground" rounds are my favorite parts. (Where they play old school games to try to not get eliminated)

Piotyr

Piotyr

Watching the Nintendo World Championships. The "Underground" rounds are my favorite parts. (Where they play old school games to try to not get eliminated)
Playing the Super Metroid finale was a fantastic idea.

Dei

Dei

Lol @ this Mario Maker level.

Frank

Frank

Mario Maker, still the only reason I want to buy a Wii-U.

Now, just announce another Galaxy style game and I will.

Dei

Dei

Haha, this stage seriously makes me want Mario Maker so much.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I tuned in while they were playing that boring Blastball game, I'll have to watch it all again when it's a regular upload.

Dei

Dei

Blast Ball was the most boring, for sure. The final stage is basically amazing.

Frank

Frank

Don't fucking cheer Cosmo, guy has the world's dumbest haircut.

I swear to God, if I get a Wii-U for Mario Maker, I will never EVER touch the God awful floaty bullshit that is the New series.[DOUBLEPOST=1434331052,1434330690][/DOUBLEPOST]Calling it now, here comes Fred.

Damn, should have been Fred Savage.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Deadly Tower of Monsters. Based on a fake B-movie, monsters look like bad stop-motion, bad costumes and everything else you'd expect from old sci-fi movies of the time.

Dei

Dei

Cosmo was done in by wall jumps anyways. Not even a contest at the end.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Mario Maker has been renamed Super Mario Maker.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Watching the Bethesda E3 stream.

WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHY ARE THEY SITTING THERE TALKING BULLSHIT RATHER THAN SHOWING US THE GAMES?

Bubble181

Bubble181

I was looking forward to watching the stream - that one time that I'm actually awake at 4 am to wtch ti - but twitch and all streams I can find are blocked here at work :(

bhamv3

bhamv3

I was looking forward to watching the stream - that one time that I'm actually awake at 4 am to wtch ti - but twitch and all streams I can find are blocked here at work :(
You're not missing much right now. Seriously, two presenters with nearly zero chemistry are talking about the history of Fallout. Not the in-game history, no. The developmental history of the series.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Nintendo aside, E3 for me is essentially hearing about what's come, and then watching the good parts after the fact. It's too exhausting trying to keep up with it all as it's happening, while also going keeping life going.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Nintendo aside, E3 for me is essentially hearing about what's come, and then watching the good parts after the fact. It's too exhausting trying to keep up with it all as it's happening, while also going keeping life going.
Yeah I tend to watch my regular news sources for videos and such, easier that way.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Ok, the new Doom looks pretty sweet. I'm gonna want to get that.[DOUBLEPOST=1434334953,1434334852][/DOUBLEPOST]It looks much more like an action game than the horror game that Doom 3 was. Lots of over-the-top close-range melee finishers. Gore out the wazoo. This is definitely a successor to the original Doom games, where you mow down lots of enemies with hefty, powerful weapons.

And that chainsaw. Holy crap.

Frank

Frank

Doom looks good, but the fucking animation is SOOOOO TERRIBLE.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Doom looks good, but the fucking animation is SOOOOO TERRIBLE.
There's a specific animation for fucking? Huh, I'd have expected that from a new Duke Nuke'm game, not so much from a Doom game. :D

Frank

Frank

You're not missing much right now. Seriously, two presenters with nearly zero chemistry are talking about the history of Fallout. Not the in-game history, no. The developmental history of the series.
Dude, it's Morgan Webb and Adam Sessler...they hosted a video game TV show together for like a decade.

FUCK, like HALF AN HOUR ON THIS FUCKING DOOM GAME.

We get it, you shoot demons....JESUS.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Dude, it's Morgan Webb and Adam Sessler...they hosted a video game TV show together for like a decade.
Can't tell. Never seen them before. Still don't think they have chemistry.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Ok, the new Doom looks pretty sweet. I'm gonna want to get that.[DOUBLEPOST=1434334953,1434334852][/DOUBLEPOST]It looks much more like an action game than the horror game that Doom 3 was. Lots of over-the-top close-range melee finishers. Gore out the wazoo. This is definitely a successor to the original Doom games, where you mow down lots of enemies with hefty, powerful weapons.

And that chainsaw. Holy crap.
Definitely looks nice. Interesting environment choices, and the way it's doing lighting means that it can have whatever atmosphere Bethesda wants, but the neon-like lights will still show up. Not sure I'd be getting it, but it could be good.

Frank

Frank

Besthesda's Id's Doom.

You missed brown games? WE GOT BROWN GAMES![DOUBLEPOST=1434335610,1434335561][/DOUBLEPOST]Holy shit, do all Bethesda games have God awful animation? This Battlecry game looks like hell.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Stream's having issues loading for me, but the couple minutes I saw was very Call of Doomy: Demon Warfare. Not sure I'm interested in that.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Battlecry is not interesting me.

Hurry up and get to the Fallout, Bethesda people!

Frank

Frank

This game is embarrassing to look at.[DOUBLEPOST=1434335750,1434335696][/DOUBLEPOST]I can't wait for the top secret, totally not leaked announcement for Dishonored 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1434336057][/DOUBLEPOST]Man, I gotta just suck it up and play through Dishonored.

Year of the HD remaster. GOTTA GET THAT EXTRA OOMPH OUTTA OLD GAMES.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Dishonored 2, plus a "definitive edition" of Dishonored 1. Upgraded graphics, apparently. Might get that, since I'm interested in playing Dishonored but haven't bought it yet.

Frank

Frank

When we started developing Elder Scrolls Online, the MMO industry was thriving, then...close to launch, we were like, fuck, we're fucked, so here's Elder Scrolls Online, we already released it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Dishonored 2 looks like more of the first game. Interesting that you get to play as Emily, but I don't see that as being worth full price either.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Elder Scrolls: The Mobile Card Game?

Oh c'mon.

Frank

Frank

........Hearthstone is successful, so here's our next ill-fated Blizzard knockoff game.[DOUBLEPOST=1434336357,1434336306][/DOUBLEPOST]This is one of the worst E3 pressers I've ever watched. And I've watched them for YEARS.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Next up: Elder Scrolls the MOBA.

Frank

Frank

Next E3:

When we started developing Elder Scrolls Card Game, the card game industry was thriving, then...close to launch, we were like, fuck, we're fucked, so here's Elder Scrolls Card Game, we already released it.

bhamv3

bhamv3

FINALLY FALLOUT!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

........Hearthstone is successful, so here's our next ill-fated Blizzard knockoff game.[DOUBLEPOST=1434336357,1434336306][/DOUBLEPOST]This is one of the worst E3 pressers I've ever watched. And I've watched them for YEARS.
Woooooooo, Tamriel ... in card form!

Bethesda doesn't understand that most of us don't give a damn about Elder Scrolls lore. It's the immersiveness. They could change the whole setting and we'd still eat it up.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Bethesda doesn't understand that most of us don't give a damn about Elder Scrolls lore. It's the immersiveness. They could change the whole setting and we'd still eat it up.
While I'm the exact opposite, I loved the lore;..But Oblivion and Skyrim left me fairly uninterested in it. I dunno, I still hold a flame for Arena and Daggerfall :p

Anyway, yeah, it's a silly thing.

bhamv3

bhamv3

TODD HOWARD STOP TALKING AND JUST SHOW THE FALLOUT ALREADY.

Frank

Frank

Exclusive E3 announcement, Fallout 4 artbook.[DOUBLEPOST=1434336827,1434336756][/DOUBLEPOST]HIRE SOME FUCKING ANIMATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT.[DOUBLEPOST=1434336889][/DOUBLEPOST]At least the male only rumour turned out false.[DOUBLEPOST=1434336931][/DOUBLEPOST]Bethesda writing at it's finest.....[DOUBLEPOST=1434337019][/DOUBLEPOST]1000 most popular names. Frank is like 200 on that list. Chances of Frank being one of the names? 0%

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

DO YOU REMEMBER SKYRIM?!

WELL, IT'S BACK! IN POG FORM!

Frank

Frank

That vault suit texture is beyond terrible.[DOUBLEPOST=1434337146,1434337109][/DOUBLEPOST]Bethesda, 100% freedom. 0% animators working for ANY of our studios.[DOUBLEPOST=1434337261][/DOUBLEPOST]I hate dog companions in games, hated it in Fable 2, hated it in Fallout 3. I hope we can go without.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I love the idea of an animal companion, but yeah it doesn't ever quite seem to work out right.

Frank

Frank

So dumb.[DOUBLEPOST=1434337592,1434337560][/DOUBLEPOST]Here comes the Fallout card game.

Bubble181

Bubble181

It worked OK in Torchlight II :p

Frank

Frank

DON'T CHEER A SHITTY MOBILE GAME, YOU FUCKING PEONS.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Here comes the Fallout card game.
Hey now, maybe they'll be incredibly innovative and the Tamriel Card Game and the Fallout Card Game will be compatible?! WOW DIFFERENT PROPERTIES TOGETHER AT LAST?!

*cough*

Frank

Frank

They've spent more time on this mobile game than on actual Fallout 4.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

DO YOU REMEMBER SKYRIM?!

WELL, IT'S BACK! IN POG FORM!
That Simpsons scene is exactly what I was thinking of when I explained it to my wife.

I'm liking the vault mobile game idea, IF the vaults are as screwy as they are in the Fallout games. If it's just a simple resource management game, screw it.[DOUBLEPOST=1434337903,1434337785][/DOUBLEPOST]Welp, nevermind. Just pointless resource shit.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Holy crap, Hearthfire on steroids.

Frank

Frank

We added Hearthfire to Fallout, which we cribbed mostly from a modder's work anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1434337958,1434337925][/DOUBLEPOST]You can plant water.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

"rebuild" "scrap stuff"

I don't like where this is going.

Frank

Frank

I'm sounding bitter, but that legit looks cool, and it won't require them to write any real dialog.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Holy crap, weapon mod kits on steroids.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Can't wait to see the bugs though.

Frank

Frank

Well, this time, the 99% of the stupid bullshit junk in the world will actually have use.

Another mod they're just cribbing from.[DOUBLEPOST=1434338150,1434338116][/DOUBLEPOST]Silent Hill crafting animation.[DOUBLEPOST=1434338195][/DOUBLEPOST]Will Fallout 4's power armor actually be useful this time? Because they were junk in 3.[DOUBLEPOST=1434338243][/DOUBLEPOST]VATS will give you more control now, by actually giving you less control than before.[DOUBLEPOST=1434338273][/DOUBLEPOST]Fallout 4: Dead Rising.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm just picturing hauling all the shit around. Guess I'll be grabbing stats that allow greater carrying capacity.

Frank

Frank

Fallout 4: Every Video Game Ever.

Can't wait for the bugs.[DOUBLEPOST=1434338478,1434338379][/DOUBLEPOST]Coming out this year, no big surprises there.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Fallout 4, November 10? Jesus. Really surprised it's coming out that soon.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Ok, end of the Fallout presentation. As a Fallout fanboy, I'm hyped.

Voiced protagonist doesn't bother me. The house crafting and weapon modding (and armor modding) look pretty nice. Hell, you can give your power armor ROCKET BOOSTERS. I'm not a huge fan of the dog, but I guess I'll play and see. The combat seems pretty tight, and the visuals look gorgeous. Plus, it's a modified Creation engine, so it'll probably be very moddable.

It's getting released this year, but I generally don't buy games at release. But I'll be getting it sooner or later, definitely.

Frank

Frank

What a bunch of pathetic goons.

Here's a toy, FREAK THE FUCK OUT!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Agh, same time period as Persona 5.

Frank

Frank

It does look cool, but I worry about how bloated it seems.

I'm still 100% sure the main story quest will be total ass but the side stuff will make the game worth it.[DOUBLEPOST=1434338764,1434338724][/DOUBLEPOST]That mobile game is Apple only?

Fuck you!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That mobile game is Apple only?

Fuck you!
You didn't exactly seem to care about it last page.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

New Doom looks FUCKING AWESOME. Looks like they tossed out the idea of making it a horror game and went more in the Painkiller direction. Which is how it should've been in the first place.

Frank

Frank

You didn't exactly seem to care about it last page.
I don't like exclusives.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Seriously, how awesome does this look?

bhamv3

bhamv3

GOOMBA STOMP!

PatrThom

PatrThom

It looks gib-tastic.
Nice BFG cameo, though.

--Patrick

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Alright, I was wrong, Doom looks fun as hell. I hope you can move a little quicker come release time, but otherwise ripping through those demons looks satisfying as fuck.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

As others have said, avoiding the horror route was the right way to go. It's hard for a game to be scary when you're armed to the teeth with all levels of military and sci-fi weaponry. Better to make it about storming space hell and killing everything you find.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So Microsoft has announced two big things so far:

Backwards compatibility is coming for the Xbone.

Fallout 4 will be mod-compatible.

That's pretty huge.[DOUBLEPOST=1434388651,1434388477][/DOUBLEPOST]Also hot damn, Mad Max:

Dei

Dei

Minecraft hololens! I'll believe it's that amazing when I see it out in the wild, but my kids are already freaking out.

Frank

Frank

Mad Max looks good, but everyone who's played it so far has said it really doesn't play well.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

New Mass Effect trailer

If this is taking place in a different galaxy, there better be some weird and crazy shit, because there's no reason for it to at all resemble what they created for the Milky Way galaxy in the Shepard trilogy.

I'm not really interested, but my wife is a Bioware fangirl, so I'll likely see the whole game anyway even if I never touch it.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Never again. After the last bullshit they pulled, they will never get any more money from me. I can only hope enough people will remember that slap in the face and let it die an appropriate death.

Frank

Frank

It makes me think of that episode of Futurama where the crew joins the army to fight the ball people and you find out we're the evil invading aliens

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Don't want to be hyped for this but man.

GasBandit

GasBandit

HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Here, let me supply you with some antidote -

[DOUBLEPOST=1434411740,1434411641][/DOUBLEPOST]EA's presentation in 30 seconds:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Terrik

Terrik

HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Oh my god.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

... I'm harder than a ghost centaur right now.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yes! YEEESSSSSSS. YESSS...wait, Ubisoft? Fuck.[DOUBLEPOST=1434416956,1434416725][/DOUBLEPOST]THE LAST FUCKING GUARDIAN?! NO WAY!

I bought a PS3 for that game...

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Jay

Jay

New pirate game looks good... to bad its for some godforsaken reason exclusive to Xbone 1

Mass Effect trailer, won't be out until next year. No gameplay video. Some light details... bla bla... who cares.

Battlefront looks good but once again, Gas grounded me on what it is. There was a shitload of stuff going on but seems like it's 20 on 20. I'm intrigued but I'm not falling for it.

Everything else, I don't care.

Frank

Frank

I remember the software compatibility of Xbox 360 for OG Xbox titles, it's nothing to be excited about.

And PC mods for Fallout 4 working on Xbox One? Only if the limit the HOLY BEJESUS out of the capability to mod the game. Those high res texture packs and additional effects have a 0% chance of working on the Xbox One.[DOUBLEPOST=1434418712,1434418565][/DOUBLEPOST]
I see Obsidian isn't working on this one.

Dei

Dei

Nintendo World Champs video. The Mario Maker levels are in the last half hour or so. Other rounds worth watching are the Super Metroid Round, and the Smash Bros round.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cuphead gets an announce trailer, looks pretty bonkers.

Rare Replay, 30 Rare games for 30 bucks.

Street Fighter V, bringing back Birdie for some reason.

Also, Horizon looks pretty awesome, but no non-stream trailer is up yet that I can find.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Final Fantasy VII remake.

Guys, it's actually happening. They showed a trailer.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Final Fantasy VII remake.

Guys, it's actually happening. They showed a trailer.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

I got tingles. I can't believe how much of a sellout I am.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Cuphead gets an announce trailer, looks pretty bonkers.
Also, Horizon looks pretty awesome, but no non-stream trailer is up yet that I can find.
You're welcome. ;)

(Mr. Z is at the PS4 event right now, so he's texting me what he's seeing.)

Frank

Frank

Activision ditching Microsoft for Sony.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Didn't Squeenix say they wouldn't remake FF7 until they ran out of all other ideas?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Fuck, between Horizon and Final Fantasy VII remake, I may have to get a PS4.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Fuck, between Horizon and Final Fantasy VII remake, I may have to get a PS4.
It does say play it first on PS4, so I wouldn't rule out multiplat/PC releases. Squeenix has been dropping a lot of FF on Steam over the last year or so.[DOUBLEPOST=1434420384,1434420347][/DOUBLEPOST]
Didn't Squeenix say they wouldn't remake FF7 until they ran out of all other ideas?
This is what I remember too, but without XIV SE would probably be floundering outside of Japan so I can't blame them.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I may actually play FFVII if they remake it, to see what all the fuss is all about.
And Horizons did look good.

Frank

Frank

Does anyone else think it's pathetic that Sony launched basically a Kickstarter? Fuck right off.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Does anyone else think it's pathetic that Sony launched basically a Kickstarter? Fuck right off.
It's Yu Suzuki's independent project and Sony just let him announce at their event.

Frank

Frank

Jesus this Star Wars game looks cool....[DOUBLEPOST=1434421392,1434421348][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and one more thing.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Christ this is too cute.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

That Cuphead game looks great! I hope the game play is as good as it looks in the trailer.

Terrik

Terrik

Man, buying a PS4 seemed to be the right move.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Jesus this Star Wars game looks cool....[DOUBLEPOST=1434421392,1434421348][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and one more thing.
When they shot the trooper on the jetpack and he let out that stock scream I laughed. But Goddamnit this game looks like so much fun.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Love showing the game'll bug out right up front.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Aside from that little hiccup at the end (which, after everything else, was cute at best), Sony just dropped all the mics at E3.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Sony's got a leg up since almost everything was ingame video as opposed to MS showing a shitload of trailers.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yeah, so now they're just keeping that promise.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Okay this looks pretty fucking cool.

Jay

Jay

Horizon looks decent.... scripted as fuck though.

She didn't stop shutting up the entire fight.

Voice actress sounded familiar too, isn't that Lara?[DOUBLEPOST=1434423036,1434422732][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay this looks pretty fucking cool.

I wouldn't trust Ubisoft until release date.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm leery about a Final Fantasy VII remake. Unless they leave all the dialogue as it was, modern Square is known for over-writing conversations into a vague word soup with an emo seasoning.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm leery about a Final Fantasy VII remake. Unless they leave all the dialogue as it was, modern Square is known for over-writing conversations into a vague word soup with an emo seasoning.
I am a little worried they're going to turn "Let's mosey" Cloud into Advent Children "Sad All The Time" Cloud.[DOUBLEPOST=1434424439,1434424405][/DOUBLEPOST]
Horizon looks decent.... scripted as fuck though.

She didn't stop shutting up the entire fight.

Voice actress sounded familiar too, isn't that Lara?[DOUBLEPOST=1434423036,1434422732][/DOUBLEPOST]

I wouldn't trust Ubisoft until release date.
Yeah I think it's Ubisoft Montreal, so I'm not letting myself get too excited.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So thinking more on the FF7 remake, I wonder how much of the story/events will change? I feel like some things, even plot-central things, will get axed or altered. I'm hoping not, because Japan generally doesn't seem to give a shit what's politically correct, but I could see things like the Honeybee Inn, Cid's treatment of Shera, and the Don's various scenes getting altered if someone caves to it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I am a little worried they're going to turn "Let's mosey" Cloud into Advent Children "Sad All The Time" Cloud.
That. Exactly that. For some reason, they turned Cloud into Squall for Advent Children, Dissidia, etc. You take his lines from Final Fantasy VII, or even his actions--could you ever see Advent Children Cloud cross-dressing to sneak into a bad guy's lair? Saying "let's mosey" in response to Cid in North Cave? Hell, encouraging anyone? It's like they got him stuck at the mood he was in during the Reunion on disc 2.

I'm waiting it out to see what kind of Final Fantasy VII they decide to turn this remake into. Hope for the best, but Square-Enix has made a lot of shit since 1997.[DOUBLEPOST=1434425227,1434425175][/DOUBLEPOST]
So thinking more on the FF7 remake, I wonder how much of the story/events will change? I feel like some things, even plot-central things, will get axed or altered. I'm hoping not, because Japan generally doesn't seem to give a shit what's politically correct, but I could see things like the Honeybee Inn, Cid's treatment of Shera, and the Don's various scenes getting altered if someone caves to it.
I don't think we have to worry about that kind of stuff. If Square cared about any of that, they wouldn't have made The 3rd Birthday so disgusting.[DOUBLEPOST=1434425474][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dark Souls 3

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

That. Exactly that. For some reason, they turned Cloud into Squall for Advent Children, Dissidia, etc. You take his lines from Final Fantasy VII, or even his actions--could you ever see Advent Children Cloud cross-dressing to sneak into a bad guy's lair? Saying "let's mosey" in response to Cid in North Cave? Hell, encouraging anyone? It's like they got him stuck at the mood he was in during the Reunion on disc 2.

I'm waiting it out to see what kind of Final Fantasy VII they decide to turn this remake into. Hope for the best, but Square-Enix has made a lot of shit since 1997.[DOUBLEPOST=1434425227,1434425175][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't think we have to worry about that kind of stuff. If Square cared about any of that, they wouldn't have made The 3rd Birthday so disgusting.[DOUBLEPOST=1434425474][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dark Souls 3
Huh, I didn't even know there was another Parasite Eve game.[DOUBLEPOST=1434425990][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh God

Oh God, what if

Revive Aerith DLC!
Gold Saucer DLC!
Crisis Core's stupid characters that aren't Zack DLC!

I need to stop scaring myself.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Huh, I didn't even know there was another Parasite Eve game.
Don't. Just trust me, don't. And if you don't trust me, trust Ashburner. He tried to warn me and I didn't listen. I wish I had listened.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Jesus fucking Christ this game just keeps on giving.

bhamv3

bhamv3

New Hitman game, simply called Hitman.

Here's the trailer, but to be honest the trailer tells us absolutely nothing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

The Nintendo posts are coming....

Soooooon

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Huh. Never thought she'd be that excited for a new Call of Duty. You'd think she'd expect it by now.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Huh. Never thought she'd be that excited for a new Call of Duty. You'd think she'd expect it by now.
Call of Duty: Spanish Inquisition

Pre-Order Bonus Killstreak - The Comfy Chair!

Dei

Dei

Muppet Nintendo staff. Star Fox right out of the gate. Good call.

Ugh, good start, then right to Amiibo. FAIL. Even worse, Amiibo, Skylanders meshing. *gag*

New multiplayer 3DS Zelda game, Triforce Heroes. Three players instead of Four like Four Swords. Outfit changes for new abilities.

Blah Blah Blah, Hyrule Warriors on 3DS.

Multiplayer Metroid Prime:Federation Force on 3DS. That stupid Blast Ball game from the NWC came from there.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, Fire Emblem Fates not out till 2016.

Xenoblade Chronicles Dec 4.

Animal Crossing... Interior Decorator? Who would sell their soul and work for Tom Nook, I mean really. :p

Ugh, more Amiibo crap, this time an Animal Crossing themed Amiibo festival thing.

Yoshi's Wooly World stuff, which is going on way too long for a game coming out soonish.

Yo-Kai Watch.

Paper Mario and the Mario/Luigi series are crossing over? whaaaaa? Cannot decide if weirded out or excited.

New.... Mario Tennis? Ok...

Back to Mario Maker, Sept. 11 release.

Swapped back to live, and Miyamoto talking about Star Fox.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nintendo did not blow up my skirt this year. I am just going to wallow in depression about Fire Emblem Fates not being out this year.

Dei

Dei

You just know that Squeenix had Sony discuss FFVII just to get people to care about their presentation.

Dei

Dei

11393725_1603753926552479_3808041487116287491_o.jpg

Dei

Dei

There is a huge lack of applause at this Squeenix conference, which is making things kind of awkward.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Some of the things Mr. Z got at the E3 event last night:
20150616_132301-1.jpg

Apparently two of those things come with codes for a bunch of free games and/or free trials, but we haven't tried it out yet.

Terrik

Terrik

It's apparently a great year to be a console peasant.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Jesus KH3 looks fucking gorgeous.

Hylian

Hylian

Nintendo really disappointed me this year

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So FExSMT is this now. I still want to play it. Send help.

Remember that new Metroid game you wanted? CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

[DOUBLEPOST=1434479493,1434479411][/DOUBLEPOST]Also holy hell look at the like/dislike ratio on the Metroid game, hahahaha.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

New Star Ocean! I'm in.

Don't care much about Tomb Raider/Hitman/Doosex.

Oh wow, SE opened a new developer and IP. Artwork is pretty, interested to see more of Setsuna.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So, Niconico graded Nintendo's Digital Event. 1 is great, 5 is poor.

This tweet came through the NoJ Twitter earlier.

I just hope they realize it's not the style of the presentation that's the issue with people who watched, it's the lackluster and unwanted games. Personally outside of Yoshi's Woolly World and the new Xenoblade (and maybe the FExSMT game) I didn't have an interest in anything shown. I enjoyed Sony's stuff way more and I don't even have a PS4.

Terrik

Terrik

I usually pride myself on being able to read moonspeak-related langauges, but I dont realy know what that first picture is trying to tell me.

Dei

Dei

I actually liked the presentation (Miyamoto puppet?! <3), but yeah, I wasn't really excited by anything. :/

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I usually pride myself on being able to read moonspeak-related langauges, but I dont realy know what that first picture is trying to tell me.
It's a poll asking how they liked the Digital Event, the boxes are numbered from 1 to 5. 1 is basically saying they enjoyed it, while 5 is saying it was a poor show. The right side is just a live chat, I think, don't know what's going on over there.[DOUBLEPOST=1434487740,1434487688][/DOUBLEPOST]
I actually liked the presentation (Miyamoto puppet?! <3), but yeah, I wasn't really excited by anything. :/
That's what worries me, they'll take away from all this negativity that people hated the presentation, when it's really the games that were the worst part.

Terrik

Terrik

It's a poll asking how they liked the Digital Event, the boxes are numbered from 1 to 5. 1 is basically saying they enjoyed it, while 5 is saying it was a poor show. The right side is just a live chat, I think, don't know what's going on over there.[DOUBLEPOST=1434487740,1434487688][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's what worries me, they'll take away from all this negativity that people hated the presentation, when it's really the games that were the worst part.
Oooh..damn.

Dei

Dei

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

weird-al-confused.gif

Frank

Frank

57 minutes into this Twitch stream. You guys who were all, "Ohhh, Sony has nothing to do with this, it was nice of them to help Yu Suzuki"

NOPE. Sony is a partner in the game.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

[DOUBLEPOST=1434494790,1434494617][/DOUBLEPOST]Fun fact, Brian Henson directed the puppet section.[DOUBLEPOST=1434495034][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe not quite as fun fact: That weird chicken-mech Arwing is a concept that was used in the shelved Starfox 2 for SNES.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I loved the Muppet stuff. Nintendo's game selection left me underwhelmed. I'm actually less interested in Fire Emblem/SMT crossover (good way to bungle that, Atlus). All that really took my interest were Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

Looks like a good final quarter to be an Animal Crossing fan ... which I'm not.

And I don't think that's what anyone wanted as a new Metroid.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I loved the Muppet stuff. Nintendo's game selection left me underwhelmed. I'm actually less interested in Fire Emblem/SMT crossover (good way to bungle that, Atlus). All that really took my interest were Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

Looks like a good final quarter to be an Animal Crossing fan ... which I'm not.

And I don't think that's what anyone wanted as a new Metroid.
This is basically where I'm at, save for still having an interest in FExSMT for some reason.

Frank

Frank

Shadow Warrior 2 looks better than Doom. I said it. More interesting monsters, colours other than brown.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Remember that new Metroid game you wanted? CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

Also holy hell look at the like/dislike ratio on the Metroid game, hahahaha.
Okay, so it's not a 2D Metroidvania. I thought that Metroid Prime Hunters was pretty well recieved (aside from the hand cramps). This looks like it's more of that.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Okay, so it's not a 2D Metroidvania. I thought that Metroid Prime Hunters was pretty well recieved (aside from the hand cramps). This looks like it's more of that.
The problem is this game doesn't need to be called Metroid anything. The Metroid Prime tag feels like they just slapped it on there for some brand recognition. It's a co-op FPS with a crappy sport game slapped on it (they played it in the NWC, it looks incredibly un-fun). If fans of your long-ignored series (outside of Smash) are clamoring for a new entry and you toss them something like this, it's going to leave a sour taste. Especially when the last main entry in said series was so poorly received.

e: Though I guess the UI is like Prime's, so there's that at least?

Frank

Frank

Oh man...I already hate this AMD PCGaming Presser. Having some jagoff from AMD come out and talk about how rad the poly-pushing power of AMD cards is.

THIS IS BORING![DOUBLEPOST=1434504040,1434503797][/DOUBLEPOST]Where's my noose?

Frank

Frank

Oh and now they bring out fucking Phil Spencer? No one's booing him? He looks like such a sour fuck too. Get him off the fucking stage. I can't wait to hear Year 2billion of Microsoft's horseshit PC platitudes.[DOUBLEPOST=1434505095,1434504993][/DOUBLEPOST]HE IMMEDIATELY DODGES THE CROSS PLATFORM QUESTION. SONY SUPPORTS PC HARDER THAN MICROSOFT DOES YOU FUCK.[DOUBLEPOST=1434505166][/DOUBLEPOST]They're bringing Killer Instinct to PC and it will be cross platform with Xbone. Sony got you backtracking with SF5?[DOUBLEPOST=1434505224][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey guys, here's a HUGE SHOCK, all these new Microsoft games will require Windows 10.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Hey guys, here's a HUGE SHOCK, all these new Microsoft games will require Windows 10.
Eh, we'll see. They could be just pushing 10, but it might not be a requirement.[DOUBLEPOST=1434505642,1434505567][/DOUBLEPOST]Gears of War coming to PC?

Iiiiiiinteresting.

Frank

Frank

Here's some old games PC gamers, we have nothing to say about the new one.[DOUBLEPOST=1434505810,1434505746][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's the section for Jay and whoever else, it's time for drive truck simulator MERCA edition.[DOUBLEPOST=1434506208][/DOUBLEPOST]Gooood, EVE Valkyrie doesn't have integration with EVE Online.

Jay

Jay

Can't wait to play TRUCK IN MERICA

Frank

Frank

Man, the Twitch chat is horrific.....for this Fullbright game and the last it's been a constant stream of SJWFAGGOTTT!!!!!1!

If that's your reaction to anything, you're on the wrong fucking side.[DOUBLEPOST=1434509680,1434509641][/DOUBLEPOST]OH SOMA, I'm excited!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

This conference overall has been pretty boring. I keep hoping maybe - just maybe - Gabe Newell will come out and drop a Half-Life 3 trailer on us. I know it won't happen, but after Shenmue 3, Last Guardian, and Final Fantasy VII remake? I'm feeling a little hopeful.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I think Valve stated they had no plans to show anything at E3 this year.

Which is especially silly with the whole Steambox thing coming up.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I thought Valve already announced they won't have a presence at E3 this year.

EDIT: Niiiiiinnnnnjaaaaaaa!!!!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

:(

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I thought Valve already announced they won't have a presence at E3 this year.

EDIT: Niiiiiinnnnnjaaaaaaa!!!!

Frank

Frank

Sad thing is Day9 is a good presenter, but he has nothing to work with. Lifeless crud polished is still lifeless crud. This whole thing has been close to torture to sit through.

WORST PART: The reveal of what was in the case, fuck you AMD.[DOUBLEPOST=1434510684,1434510617][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll say it, bullet hell games aren't fun.[DOUBLEPOST=1434510963][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1434511265][/DOUBLEPOST]They're not actually saying ANYTHING.

Ooooh, it's so humbling to work on Starcraft 2, we're excited that the new game is going to bring more to you.

YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY SAYING ANYTHING RELEVANT.[DOUBLEPOST=1434511380][/DOUBLEPOST]MOVE THE FUCK ON!!![DOUBLEPOST=1434511498][/DOUBLEPOST]Final guest announcement gets the biggest cheer. Can't imagine why.[DOUBLEPOST=1434511708][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh shit, No Man's Sky being day and date with PS4. That's awesome news. It's been touted as being timed exclusive on PS4 before. That game still looks mind blowing. I'm so glad one of my childhood favorite genres "space flight sim" is coming back so hard.

Dei

Dei

Please let this be good.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Nintendo may have won E3 last year, but right now I'm so glad I have a PS4.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Peasantry.png

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The current generation of consoles is FINALLY looking like something I need to get on board with. Might have to pick me up a PS4 next year. Mortal Kombat X, Mad Max, Fallout 4, and Arkham Knight should keep me pretty busy.

Frank

Frank

After that horrific PC gaming presser, I can't currently agree. That thing was a life sapping death march.

Frank

Frank

Here's a few thoughts about E3 in general.

- Remakes and Sequels galore. It seemed that for every single new game showed off, we got about a dozen remakes or sequels.

- Todd Howard claiming that all mods for Fallout 4 will work on Xbox One is complete and utter bullshit unless they severely limit the ability of modders to actually mod the game.

- Software backwards compatibility is ass, the 360 is proof of that.

- No Man's Sky looks like the greatest game ever.

- Ain't no stoppin' that VR train, well, unless no one buys it.

- We'll be playing FF7 Remake: Don't Level Aeris on our PS6s.

- Sony opened up the floodgates for major publishers to just openly start Kickstarters, which is disgusting in my opinion.

- Twitch users are by and large hideous, disgusting people.

- Nintendo knows all about making an entertaining E3 presser, without actually having any real content to back it up.

- Shadow Warrior 2 looks leagues better than Doom (at probably 1/100th the budget).

- If Transformers Devastation is a bad game, I might just quit Earth.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

- If Transformers Devastation is a bad game, I might just quit Earth.
You and me both, man. You and me both.

Frank

Frank

Eh, we'll see. They could be just pushing 10, but it might not be a requirement.[DOUBLEPOST=1434505642,1434505567][/DOUBLEPOST]Gears of War coming to PC?

Iiiiiiinteresting.
It's apparently DX12, so it'll be Win10 only. Also, Microsoft only cares about PC gaming when they have a new OS to push.

My other guess, it'll be a fucking Win10 Appstore exclusive as well.

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH.

And in like 5 years (4 years too long) when they decide to abandon the appstore, we all must hope that game companies decide to grace us by patching out the appstore requirement. WE'VE ALL DANCED THE STUPID DANCE BEFORE.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

FF7 won't be a simple remake, according to Nomura. Sounds like most of the original staff is working on it, though, and other articles have him saying they don't want to drop too much of the crazy/silly, despite the somewhat darker tone of the teaser.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

FF7 won't be a simple remake, according to Nomura. Sounds like most of the original staff is working on it, though, and other articles have him saying they don't want to drop too much of the crazy/silly, despite the somewhat darker tone of the teaser.
I'll believe it when I see it, probably in 2016 or 2017.

Dei

Dei

This is basically where I'm at, save for still having an interest in FExSMT for some reason.
They are playing it right now on Nintendo Live.

And now this game is growing on me...

Then again, I also liked Final Fantasy X-2, so my opinion is probably suspect.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

They are playing it right now on Nintendo Live.

And now this game is growing on me...

Then again, I also liked Final Fantasy X-2, so my opinion is probably suspect.
I hated X-2 at first, but it grew on me. The problem is I'm a sucker for job systems.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I wonder if Metroid Prime: Federation Friend Force will grow on anyone.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

These are the kinds of people who should be making games. I can't remember the last time someone sounded so passionate and real about their work on something.

Celt Z

Celt Z

These are the kinds of people who should be making games. I can't remember the last time someone sounded so passionate and real about their work on something.

Love it! It reminds me of Little Big Planet. I'm going to have to check this out.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Yeah even outside of the developer, the game looks super charming and fun.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Treehouse plays some #FE.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Still watching this, but man the girl in the jacket is adding absolutely nothing to the conversation about the game. She's completely obsessed with the costumes for some reason, while everyone else is trying to explain things like combat and the overall storyline, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1434587328,1434587198][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh good 25 minutes in and she has something constructive to say.[DOUBLEPOST=1434587385][/DOUBLEPOST]Combat looks fun, combining the Weapon Weakness system from FE and the various enemy Types from SMT, plus the combo attacks.[DOUBLEPOST=1434587465][/DOUBLEPOST]Dungeons feel very Persona-y in terms of style.[DOUBLEPOST=1434587836][/DOUBLEPOST]The game in general looks more like Persona than SMT, though to be fair I don't have a lot of experience with the SMT series compared to Persona/FE.

All in all the game looks fun, and I'm finding myself pretty interested in playing it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm still just not convinced. I'm sure some of that is being excited with all the possibilities that could come from a crossover of those two properties, only to end up with a game that sort of both, but also sort of neither. More like the two series had a child than a crossover.

The other problem is that I've played a few Atlus RPGs outside of SMT/Persona, and while Radiant Historia was a treasure, it was outnumbered by the disappointing titles. So I'm not ready to buy in for this yet. Eager for Persona 5 and Fire Emblem Fates though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Spotted in the Hitman E3 trailer....

Cheeky bastards...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Nomura was asked if we'll still see Cloud cross-dressing in the FF7 remake. He said we can look forward to it.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Reggie responds to the "apology" from Iwata I linked earlier:

"It was not an apology. It was not a statement about the content we're showing, essentially it was an 'I hear you' message. Mr. Iwata is in Japan and what he's trying to do is help explain to consumers in Japan what's going on at E3. The correct translation of his message was: 'Thank you for your feedback. We hear you and we are committed to continuing to meet your expectations,' was essentially his message.
(Concerning the reaction to Metroid Prime: Federation Force) One of the things I find interesting is that if you look at E3 historically for Nintendo, typically what happens is a press briefing happens or our digital event happens and then over the course of the next couple of days people see the games get to play the games and the appreciation and understanding of what we're doing increases over those three days and continues to build into the holidays.
Splatoon is a game that people are loving right now, but if you rewind to E3 last year, Splatoon was being viewed as, 'Yes, it's innovative and it's different, but the controls are a little hard and I don't understand the mechanic of turning into a squid and going through the ink.' There were all of these complaints. But now you look at the finished product and the satisfaction is huge. For us, our goal is to make sure we announce the content, help people understand the content, but most importantly get hands on with the games. I haven't heard the feedback (for this year's Best Buy demonstrations), but I think the feedback is going to be quite positive because what we do is make great games and they show well and they really lead to consumer excitement."
Really? You want to compare this cash-in "Metroid" game to a brand new IP? Come on now.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Reggie responds to the "apology" from Iwata I linked earlier:

Really? You want to compare this cash-in "Metroid" game to a brand new IP? Come on now.
His explanation is essentially that Iwata was doing the Japanese businessman thing. And that's fair; a lot of people don't understand Japan's corporate culture.

But leaving content alone, the reaction to Metroid Prime Federation Force vs Splatoon is entirely different. Splatoon was met with intrigue and confusion. MPFF has been met with outrage and disdain.

And while I want to say "if Reggie is that confident about it, we'll have to see." For all I know, we'll all eat our words when the game comes out and it'll be amazing. But I can't use Nintendo confidence as a litmus test, because remember Code Name Steam? Nintendo didn't just announce Splatoon at E3 2014; Code Name Steam was the other new IP, which was a big deal that E3. But Nintendo didn't do much to support it and when the game came out, those few of us who bought it discovered why--it was mediocre. It was just an okay game, but really not worth $40, and it got boring fast. Notice Nintendo hasn't mentioned it once since release. I found that odd.

We could see the same with MFPP. Minor advertising, and then silence upon release. We'll have to see, but I can't imagine this being the next Splatoon.

I'm not too thrilled at the new Zelda either, and I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. While I admire their intent to create a new Four Swords-inspired adventure, this time with cooperative elements that plays more like an actual Zelda game, for those of us without two friends to play through the game with, there's going to be a lot of stop-and-go with the gameplay. I really don't see that as being super engaging. Nor would it necessarily be so if you're playing as a group. That tower looks awfully two-player.

Between those two games, there seems to be a big emphasis on 3DS multiplayer, but that's an iffy goal. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate works fantastic, but Smash Bros 3DS online remains spotty even 9 months after release. Will MPFF get dedicated support or will it be the site of frequent uplayable lag?

Dei

Dei

Treehouse live is starting off with Bravely Second today, at 10am PST, for those that care.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Treehouse live is starting off with Bravely Second today, at 10am PST, for those that care.
I'm just glad they're talking about it, I had this worry that it would just not get released over here.

PatrThom

PatrThom

THE LAST FUCKING GUARDIAN?! NO WAY!
Right there with you, buddy.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I watched more of the gameplay for Metroid Prime Federation Force and it's just not grabbing me. If they want people getting into this, they're going to need a multiplayer demo like for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Even then, not sure I want to play $40 for 30 missions + outer space Blitzball.

Jay

Jay

- American Truck Driver
- X-Com 2
- Mad Max
- Fallout 4

Stood out for me.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm going to be honest, up until just now I never realized that Code Name STEAM existed. I mean, I'd heard it talked about before, but I'd always confused it for Steamworld: Dig, which was an ok game that I found ultimately boring.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm going to be honest, up until just now I never realized that Code Name STEAM existed. I mean, I'd heard it talked about before, but I'd always confused it for Steamworld: Dig, which was an ok game that I found ultimately boring.
That's what I mean. Nintendo's done nothing to support it, make people aware of it, etc. But it was a big deal last E3. I love Nintendo, but they can't be trusted blindly. (Code Name Steam, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Metroid: Other M).

As for E3:

- Fallout 4
- Doom
- Fire Emblem: Fates
- FFVII remake
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Cuphead (even though I'll never get to play it)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

- Xenoblade X
- Doom
- For Glory
- FFVII
- FE: Fates
- Horizon
- Kingdom Hearts 3

There's others I'm kind of interested in but those are the biggest ones for me, I think.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

-Doom
-FF VII
-Kingdom Hearts 3
-Horizon
-Unravel
-Uncharted 4 (been a casual fan of the series for awhile)

Honestly, it's getting me tempted to get a PS4. Even still, I think I'll wait until the inevitable Slim model.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm really surprised FFVII remake will be a PS4 exclusive.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Released first on Ps4. Same with Cuphead on Xbox One. They'll both eventually make it to PC.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm really surprised FFVII remake will be a PS4 exclusive.
Did they say that for sure? SE's not exclusive with FF since XIII, and all the FF games at E3 kept saying "Play it first on" as opposed to "only on."

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Did they say that for sure? SE's not exclusive with FF since XIII, and all the FF games at E3 kept saying "Play it first on" as opposed to "only on."
The way it seemed to me is that it will be PS4 exclusive for a time. That could be two weeks, two months, a year ... who knows? Probably will depend on how happy they are with sales; one article I read had Square-Enix saying they hoped the FF7 remake would boost the PS4 install base, so there's clearly some agenda there on Sony's side.

Dei

Dei

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

So it's one or three. That seals it; I'm out. I could've maybe persuaded my wife to join in, but I don't have a threesome for playing Zelda games.

Metroid Prime Frustration Force is likely the same issue. Until they reveal some manner of communication between online players, I won't have people to play with locally and it sounds pointless solo.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the online issues with these games considering Smash Bros 3DS and even Splatoon. I rarely ever had hiccups with the Monster Hunter games online, but the only Nintendo games I've had an easy online experience with were the Pokemon games, because they were turn-based.

PatrThom

PatrThom

- No Man's Sky looks like the greatest game ever.

- Ain't no stoppin' that VR train, well, unless no one buys it.
Admit it, you want these two combined.
No Man's Sky with a VR headset? Hmmmm…..

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I forgot to check on info for No Man's Sky. Crossing my fingers it won't get delayed to 2016.