[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Yeah I'm not going to build my schedule around being able to play this game.
...unless I start streaming professionally, but I REALLY doubt that's going to happen.

--Patrick

I'm still busy with Darkest Dungeon, but when I start back up, I don't know what class to take. I clearly have most experience with WD and Wizard, followed by Necro. I've never played a monk at all, and Demon Hunter and Barbarian once each. Crusader's somewhere in the middle.
Any particular gameplay specific things to suggest changing or sticking to a specific class?

Yes.
Take a look at which conquests are part of the season’s rotation, then find out which classes are best at completing those conquests. Then pick from those classes but with preference given to those classes which share the same prime stat.

Everything on the season journey can be achieved with enough playtime, but the real gatekeeper on those last three journey levels is being able to complete those three conquests.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I'm still busy with Darkest Dungeon, but when I start back up, I don't know what class to take. I clearly have most experience with WD and Wizard, followed by Necro. I've never played a monk at all, and Demon Hunter and Barbarian once each. Crusader's somewhere in the middle.
Any particular gameplay specific things to suggest changing or sticking to a specific class?
I've played pretty much all of them and the ones you've played a lot are really the only ones that are huge DPS machines. I love playing the monk because I'm basically unkillable, but that's a good thing because their damage is SHIIIIIIT.

[Monk’s] damage is SHIIIIIIT.
If you optimize for ZDPS, sure. But Monks can deal some serious damage. Trouble is, most of the DPS builds are either glass cannons or they require split-second timing management of skills/button mashing.

—Patrick

Heh, I started up a Season character for fun. Necros are a blast to play early on and opening up abilities is loads of fun.

You can pretty much do whatever you want up to about T10 or so, but after that you really have to pick what path you want to take re: gear.

--Patrick

Ooo good I'll start a monk then.
Monk + Barb combo makes for great defense. Mantle of Salvation:Agility and War Cry:Veteran's Warning all by themselves stack very nicely together for 46% dodge chance for everyone within range, and that's not even counting block, armor, or resist.

--Patrick

Heh, I started up a Season character for fun. Necros are a blast to play early on and opening up abilities is loads of fun.
The seasonal reward set for necro is also the one that you use in the best progression build. It's pretty easy to make steady progress this time around.

The seasonal reward set for necro is also the one that you use in the best progression build. It's pretty easy to make steady progress this time around.
Nevermind, I figured it out. Yay! Won't be too much longer before I have a set. T3 is going well for me so far, so 4 should be soon.

Last edited:
Nevermind, I figured it out. Yay! Won't be too much longer before I have a set. T3 is going well for me so far, so 4 should be soon.
Just remember T5 and T7 are traps and you should never, ever, ever play in them, except possibly for some weird achievement or something. Like Expert, the difficulty/reward balance is off.

Just remember T5 and T7 are traps and you should never, ever, ever play in them, except possibly for some weird achievement or something. Like Expert, the difficulty/reward balance is off.

The only real reason to play T7 is because you need to farm bounty materials BUT level T8 is still too hard to do it quickly (T7 is the first level where the number of materials per bounty increases from 6 to 8). For all other reasons, yes T8 has better rewards for everything else, and completing just about ANY 6-piece set should immediately promote you to being able to hunt at a minimum of T7 (and if it doesnt, then that means you probably need to readjust or boost your gems), so gearing up to hit T8 shouldn’t take much longer anyway.

—Patrick

just Made T4. Seem to be doing ok, will go much higher when I’m sure it won’t be too tough. So far, no problems.
Keep in mind that, unless you're playing on hardcore, there's basically no penalty for dying. If you can kill things on a higher difficulty, it's pretty much always worth pushing it as high as you can even if it means you get killed occasionally.

Keep in mind that, unless you're playing on hardcore, there's basically no penalty for dying. If you can kill things on a higher difficulty, it's pretty much always worth pushing it as high as you can even if it means you get killed occasionally.
Well, I HAVE played Diablo before :p I'm Paragon 984 in the base game, so I'm not exactly a newbie.

Well, I HAVE played Diablo before :p I'm Paragon 984 in the base game, so I'm not exactly a newbie.
Fair enough! I know some of the people I've played with have stalled out on low torments for months because they'd go up, die in a big pack, and decide that meant they weren't ready. Figured I'd make sure you didn't turn into one of them!

I will say, playing on the Americas instead of Europe now, I get a lot more disconnects. Alt-tabbing away for 5 minutes'll crash my game in America, and in Europe I could leave it for 15 minutes (the maximum before automatic disconnect) without any issues.
Also, my ping is horrible. It's always 200ms+, usually 500+ and often 800+. Not too much of a problem except for the edge cases where you're almost-dead-but-not-oh-apparently-I-already-was-on-the-server-side.

Now P172, have been playing with this build for a while....hmmm. It's certainly different than what I'm used to. I like the speedy feel,and the solo clear times of lower rifts are definitely faster than anything I've ever done with a WD or Necro (bar running around as a chicken). But at higher level GRs and difficulties, man it's squishy. I know I'm still lacking some important parts of my build and some decent gems etc, but the difference is big.
Now I remember why I used to shy away from all those ground effects from elites :p

Here is my character, for those interested

I've now transitioned to a Raekor/IK Furious Charge build. I haven't quite worked out whether I prefer 4/6 or 6/4 pieces...As a full-Raekor I saw crits over 200B (yikes), which hasn't been the case since I switched. My damage has gone down quite significantly, so I might go back to 6Raekor/4IK and see what that does.
Anyone here a lot of Barb experience?

I've now transitioned to a Raekor/IK Furious Charge build. I haven't quite worked out whether I prefer 4/6 or 6/4 pieces...As a full-Raekor I saw crits over 200B (yikes), which hasn't been the case since I switched. My damage has gone down quite significantly, so I might go back to 6Raekor/4IK and see what that does.
Anyone here a lot of Barb experience?
Most of my happy Barb time has been with Immortal King’s + Whirlwind + Bul-Kathos, because Infinite Whirlwind + Infinite Wrath of the Berserker = the ability to solo clear nephalem rifts in under 5 min.
I believe @Dave was mor a fan of the “Leapquake” build, you might ask his opinion on that.
I believe that the Furious Charge build has the greatest damage potential (or at least it did a few seasons ago), but there have been more than a few balance changes since it came out, so I don’t know if that’s still true.

—Patrick

Most of my happy Barb time has been with Immortal King’s + Whirlwind + Bul-Kathos, because Infinite Whirlwind + Infinite Wrath of the Berserker = the ability to solo clear nephalem rifts in under 5 min.
I believe @Dave was mor a fan of the “Leapquake” build, you might ask his opinion on that.
I believe that the Furious Charge build has the greatest damage potential (or at least it did a few seasons ago), but there have been more than a few balance changes since it came out, so I don’t know if that’s still true.

—Patrick
I just cleared a GR45 rift solo in 3 minutes 24 seconds. I know there's plenty faster out there (I'm pretty sure i've done faster myself with a chicken), but yeah, speed isn't exactly this build's problem - I don't really have any great gear rolls or augments or what-have-you. And I'm still getting the hang of this build.

I also just realized why my damage seemed to be down - I replaced my Fury of the Vanished Peak (Seismic Slam half price and 5x damage) with the IK hammer (necessary set piece). I might have to throw the other one in the Cube :p

It's fun, and it's a very different gameplay loop than what I'm used to from necro/WD/Wiz, so, hey.

I just cleared a GR45 rift solo in 3 minutes 24 seconds. I know there's plenty faster out there (I'm pretty sure i've done faster myself with a chicken), but yeah, speed isn't exactly this build's problem - I don't really have any great gear rolls or augments or what-have-you. And I'm still getting the hang of this build.

I also just realized why my damage seemed to be down - I replaced my Fury of the Vanished Peak (Seismic Slam half price and 5x damage) with the IK hammer (necessary set piece). I might have to throw the other one in the Cube :p

It's fun, and it's a very different gameplay loop than what I'm used to from necro/WD/Wiz, so, hey.
You using the charge+boulder toss setup?

Are chat/communication in American public games always so incredibly vile and insulting? I went into a public rift game for the T13-in-4-minutes season journey step. Within 5 minutes I'd been called a dipshit, a carry (by someone 75 P-levels above me....Hah), "boy", f*g, told to just go away,... For the record, I had written one line.
I'm not saying everyone in all public games on the European servers are polite, but this was XBox-Halo-chat levels of sewage.

Are chat/communication in American public games always so incredibly vile and insulting? I went into a public rift game for the T13-in-4-minutes season journey step. Within 5 minutes I'd been called a dipshit, a carry (by someone 75 P-levels above me....Hah), "boy", f*g, told to just go away,... For the record, I had written one line.
I'm not saying everyone in all public games on the European servers are polite, but this was XBox-Halo-chat levels of sewage.
Nobody told you to kill yourself or wished cancer on your whole family? Consider it a miracle.

Well, got my stash tab on the US side.
I'm somewhat in doubt whether I'd restart and try for Conqueror on the EU side too (given that the Journey really is easier than some of the previous seasons), or go for Guardian on the US side.