Coronavirus Thread

“His degree of cognitive dissonance is truly remarkable, on another level entirely, and has allowed him to succeed where other Presidents have failed.“

—Patrick

Fuck you Nova Scotia and your fucking bubble. I was the only person wearing a mask at the superstore and the only person practicing social distancing.

Do you want a second wave? Cause that's how you get a second wave.

No cure!
No vaccine!
And the only drug worth a spit? The entire global supply for the next 18 months just got purchased by America.

I wear a mask because I give a fuck about your health. Not wearing one says you don't give a fuck about anyone's, including your own.

So tired of this bullshit.

We were the only ones (me and Squish - that’s our oldest) wearing masks at the drugstore Friday.

I also got the accessible spot stare down by a dude literally drinking beer in his pickup truck.

Omg I hate that. If you have that much of a problem with me being in the spot, you can ask and I will show you my permit. My name is printed right on it by ANS, it isn’t my mother’s. I can give an explanation if needed. Shouldn’t be needed as I clearly have mobility issues, but people are rude. Walmart chick that day following me from my car asking me about it and my cane was obnoxious AF, but I’ll give her credit for having the courage to ask rather than stare and be a dick. « Why dear you look to young to need all that is your leg broken? ». I’ve never limped so fast in my life....she interrogated the family at family parking first and I did try to get away lol.

Pardon the thread rangent.

Due to an American violating quarantine protocols, every non bubble visitor to Nova Scotia gets a police babysitter now.

And finally we are discussing mask mandates.

When you-know-who said Mexico would pay for the wall, did anyone guess it'd be because they'd be putting one up to keep Americans out?

My concern is that people won’t take the vaccine. This is a global concern.

I also worry that they’re won’t be a non-live version for the immune compromised right away.

My sister was very angry one day that she had a disruption to her Starbucks and regular Botox schedule and ranted that we should just let Covid happen and take out the weak (myself, our parents and ironically herself who she refuses to acknowledge).

Us weak are willing to wear masks and vaccinate (if non live).

That is the most furious thing to me. All these people saying "Just let the weak die" have no actual grasp that they might be one of the weak in this cynical scenario.

COVID can kill due to a whole number of complications from person to person, you could be a healthy young girl with no known health issues, and the next moment you are dead.

Yes, statistically you are more likely to survive, but statistics are not guarantees.

Or ignoring the effects on you if you survive.
  • Long term lung damage
  • Long term brain damage
  • Long term heart and arterial damage
  • Loss of limbs
  • Testicular damage
  • Occuular damage

Etc. Etc.

And the while undiagnosed medical condition thing. I knew about my issues early on in life. Many people have serious undiagnosed medical issues that don’t surface until something like Covid triggers them or finally makes them known.