Coronavirus Thread

What makes me laugh is that everyone arguing that he is "right" keep claiming "He is a doctor too, he would know."

Rand Paul is an ophthalmologist, an EYE DOCTOR! His field of expertise isn't even on the same wavelength as a epidemiologist. I guess next time I need to get my skin checked out I might as well skip the dermatologist and go right to the cardiologist. I mean, same thing right?

What makes me laugh is that everyone arguing that he is "right" keep claiming "He is a doctor too, he would know."

Rand Paul is an ophthalmologist, an EYE DOCTOR! His field of expertise isn't even on the same wavelength as a epidemiologist. I guess next time I need to get my skin checked out I might as well skip the dermatologist and go right to the cardiologist. I mean, same thing right?
:rimshot:

Our official masks-indoors policy starts tomorrow. Aislynn had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. We didn't make it there because apparently every single other person in the entire bloody county was out today trying to shop before the mask order went into effect, and there was literally more traffic today than there normally is even on holiday weekends in normal summers. It also meant we didn't get much shopping done, since all of the stores were packed to the gills with people who refuse to wear masks on the last day they can do that.

In joyful joyful news, a large scale (70K participants) study in Belgium has now corroborated earlier findings: antibodies break down after approximately 2-3 months and people start testing negative for antibodies again.
This does not necessarily mean they're vulnerable to re-infection (as your body also builds up T-cells to combat the infection), but it's not a good sign. Older Corona virusses tended to have antibodies lingering for 2-3 years, and re-infection possibilities after about 10 years. This may indicate you'll be vulnerable to re-infection one or two years after having gotten it.

Our official masks-indoors policy starts tomorrow. Aislynn had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. We didn't make it there because apparently every single other person in the entire bloody county was out today trying to shop before the mask order went into effect, and there was literally more traffic today than there normally is even on holiday weekends in normal summers. It also meant we didn't get much shopping done, since all of the stores were packed to the gills with people who refuse to wear masks on the last day they can do that.
Made it to the store today, thinking (correctly) that it would be almost completely devoid of customers (I think there may have been three other people there). Unfortunately, it looks like everyone from yesterday engaged in some spite-buying, because every source of protein had been picked through - no more meat, eggs, chili, SPAM, tuna, beans, frozen food, or peanut butter. Very little cheese. Tons of veggies, fruit, and paper products. I swear the attitude was "If you're going to make me wear a mask, I'm not coming out! Nyah!" Which I'm totally fine with, I just would've liked to have some meat too this week.

To be fair, there probably wasn't any SPAM or chili available. I believe Hormel may have really gotten hit hard by all the processing plant shutdowns around the country, because their products aren't on the shelves around here.

But he does drink, his abstinence is just a cover.
Does he? Of all the lies he's told that seems like one that be incredibly easy to disprove and yet I've never heard anyone argue against it. Like bert said, there's been numerous allegations of amphetimene usage, so I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the drinking stuff. And given that his rationale is that he saw how alcohol destroyed his brother (which is definitely true), it doesn't seem that implausible.

Does he? Of all the lies he's told that seems like one that be incredibly easy to disprove and yet I've never heard anyone argue against it. Like bert said, there's been numerous allegations of amphetimene usage, so I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the drinking stuff. And given that his rationale is that he saw how alcohol destroyed his brother (which is definitely true), it doesn't seem that implausible.

And, of course, always a tweet...
1593697403710.png

Last edited:
Back to the virus, actuarial scientists have shown that the virus caused a 30% increase in non-virus deaths in the USA for March to May. About 29,000 extra dead.

Back to the virus, actuarial scientists have shown that the virus caused a 30% increase in non-virus deaths in the USA for March to May. About 29,000 extra dead.
All my mother could do was scoff when I asked her to look up the data on pneumonia deaths this year compared to the last five previous years and tell me if there isn't a noticeable difference. She still avoids talking about it, instead now implying that the only reasons test infections are so high is because "They used the test on fruits and got a positive so how are we supposed to know what the real numbers are!?"

Also, yes, that is what she got from an article about faulty tests in Tanzania.

Students in Alabama are thowing parties with a cover charge. Intentionally inviting people with Covid19 and the 1st person diagnosed with Covid19 after the party gets the pot.

Roll Tide?

Last edited:
I have reached the point where I have five minutes or less of Facebook before I'm raging against the stupidity. I'm logging off right before I reach the point of telling people that if they don't believe the virus is dangerous, I wish they would just die then and reduce the risk for the rest of us. Easier to maintain social distancing if they're all dead.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm with you. If I see one more post about "the media inflated COVID numbers because of the liberals", I may just scream, or beat my head against a wall, or something.

Dave

Staff member
I've taken to just muting everyone. I can't just get rid of Facebook due to the fact I use it to keep contact with family members, but holy shit do I know lots of dumb fucking people.

Some guy named Herbert Cain has covid now. Apparently he was one of those gun ho morons who made up the 6200 people at cheetos rally.

He has publicly stated he has no idea how or where he contracted it.

:pud:

Some guy named Herbert Cain has covid now. Apparently he was one of those gun ho morons who made up the 6200 people at cheetos rally.

One can hope he had it a few days before the rally.

Herman Cain. Tea Partier and career political campaign loser. Also in his 70s good luck dude.
10B193FC-50A0-418A-A929-5539AB1F851B.jpeg