Coronavirus Thread

So...who's ready to inject disinfectants? People are talking about Lysol. I'm thinking of going hardcore, like hospital grade. Really clean that shit out. /s

Alcohol is a disinfectant, right?
Ethanol, also known as ethyl alcohol, also happens to make up about half of Lysol disinfectant spray, by volume.
That's why I would choose it instead of the more traditional hairspray when I wanted to play with fire as a kid.

--Patrick

This is kind of long but a good read. A user on Reddit did some searching and found that all of these "FREE WHATEVER" were astroturfed from the same account.

Many supposedly grassroots reopen sites are tied to one pro-gun lobbyist
seemingly spontaneous protest sites have popped up throughout the country that advocate for an end to lockdowns various states have mandated in an attempt to curb the spread of the coronavirus. Now, security researchers have tied much of this seemingly grassroots activity to a single person. Aaron Dorr is a well-known activist and lobbyist who has long been known for his advocacy of firearms ownership. Over a five-hour span on April 8, he registered six domains—reopenohio.com, reopenpa.com, reopenmn.com, reopeniowa.com, reopenwyoming.com, and reopenmissouri.com—and nine days later purchased reopentxnow.com.
[...]
Dorr declined to answer questions for this post or to provide a statement.
--Patrick

Anti-vaxxer and others brought their kids to a closed park. Asked politely several times to leave. She finally said "Fine! Arrest me!" aaaaaand...the officer did, as he rightfully could, since the park was taped off and everything.

Now there's a protest OUTSIDE THE OFFICER'S HOME.

I want to sue that woman for insulting my grandparents who were taken to the camps by the Actual Nazis.
She really doesn't understand.
If this was not something unknown like Covid but the actual bubonic plague perhaps they'd listen better...but I doubt it.

Anti-vaxxer and others brought their kids to a closed park. Asked politely several times to leave. She finally said "Fine! Arrest me!" aaaaaand...the officer did, as he rightfully could, since the park was taped off and everything.

Now there's a protest OUTSIDE THE OFFICER'S HOME.
For those who don't know, these were planned, staged events engineered from the beginning as attempts to engender enmity against "The Man" and the allegedly unjust overreach of authority that led to shutdowns, sequestering, etc. She is apparently local-famous for pulling this kind of crap:

In case it gets deleted, here's one of the more choice bits from the above post:
A source on facebook writes: "She used to work for me a while ago. This person is a terrible human being. This isn’t the first time she has done this. A few years back she already had her kids in a home school co-op, then she called the school and told her she was sending them in without vaccinations. The school said that was fine but she had to sign a form, she refused and sent them anyway.

Then she called the school and told them her kids were there unvaccinated and she wouldn’t sign. So they told her to pick them up. Then, being an attention whore, called all the news outlets and said her kids were getting kicked out of school and her rights were being violated. Complete lie.

She loves to use her kids as props to get attention. Just a really bad person. Also, she was the one who called the cops to get them to show up yesterday. This was staged from the start."
--Patrick

For those who don't know, these were planned, staged events engineered from the beginning as attempts to engender enmity against "The Man" and the allegedly unjust overreach of authority that led to shutdowns, sequestering, etc. She is apparently local-famous for pulling this kind of crap:

In case it gets deleted, here's one of the more choice bits from the above post:

--Patrick
Sweet leaping Jesus. :facepalm: