Coronavirus Thread

Looks like the USA is Doing Something.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/covidplan/
  1. Vaccinations and testing mandatory for the majority of the populace, especially healthcare workers.
  2. Booster shots for anyone already vaccinated twice.
  3. Schools need to (be kept/re-)open. Fast-track the <11yrs vaccine, backfill funding denied by states.
  4. Increase testing, require masks.
  5. Help for small businesses, and SB loan recipients. Nothing about student loans, sadly.
  6. Bolster support tools for (caring for) those infected.
Someone may need to schedule regular wellness checks for Ben Garrison to make sure he hasn't accidentally aspirated his pencil.

--Patrick

Republicans are already vowing to sue over everything on that list.

Ya know, in the name of “freedom” and all that.

Thing is, I don't actually think any hospital worth their salt could, would, or SHOULD turn away unvaccinated people. There's no feasible way to properly screen people like that without throwing away everything medicine stands for. But my saying they should is venting frustrations because of people who choose not to get vaccinated when they have zero actual rational reason not to. It's all about "owning the libs" or listening to the latest cockamamie Republican bullshit. I don't want anyone to die, but it's people like them that clog up hospitals because they're either too stupid or too selfish (or both) to give a shit about anyone else.

figmentPez

Staff member
We reject certain people from transplant lists, why not from ventilator lists? Smoking, substance abuse, obesity, etc. can all rule out people from receiving a type of medical care that is in limited supply. Why shouldn't ventilators be used on patients with whom they can do the most good? People who are vaccinated are more likely to survive COVID-19 infections, shouldn't they be higher on a triage list because of this?

Some anti-vax influencer died in the hospital of COVID, and now they're blaming the hospital for her death since they didn't treat her with ivermectin. Lin Wood is riling up anti-vaxers on Twitter. I hope we don't start seeing medical professionals getting assaulted or worse.

Well, assaulted outside of the hospital, anyway.

Some anti-vax influencer died in the hospital of COVID, and now they're blaming the hospital for her death since they didn't treat her with ivermectin. Lin Wood is riling up anti-vaxers on Twitter. I hope we don't start seeing medical professionals getting assaulted or worse.

Well, assaulted outside of the hospital, anyway.
I’m pretty sure that you are always allowed to leave a hospital if you don’t like the treatment they’re giving you. Just sign a form saying that you understand that you are going against their advice and you’re free to take all the poison you want at home.

sign a form saying that you understand that you are going against their advice and you’re free to take all the poison you want at home.
These forms also tend to contain provisions stating that you understand that declining their recommended treatment means you will be ineligible for any future treatment at that facility. In other words...they permanently ban you from their hospital.

--Patrick

If this was all from tax payer 's money that'd be one thing. Since this is all private insurance stuff, I wouldn't mind them giving them ivermectin for 100K per day. But I guess that goes against the hypocratic oath.

My uncle came off the ventilator today (last night) fucking stunning everyone. I'm so glad he's a tough old grump. No one thought he was pulling out of it and all the medical staff were prepping my aunt for the worst.

Get vaccinated and you too can be a 75 year old cancer patient and still live through severe Covid induced pneumonia.

"Hey, Covid-19, what I'm really looking for is a commitment. I'm not just looking for a quick virus with benefits, okay? Like, maybe, not, like, tomorrow, but I wanna get married? And, like, have some kids? So, where do you see this relationship going?"

"...."
*Covid-19 has ghosted society*

"Hey, Covid-19, what I'm really looking for is a commitment. I'm not just looking for a quick virus with benefits, okay? Like, maybe, not, like, tomorrow, but I wanna get married? And, like, have some kids? So, where do you see this relationship going?"
"Listen, baby, I'm right there with you. I want us to spend the rest of our lives together. I want to be the first thing you see and hear when you wake up in the morning, every day. I want to be right there next to you when you go to sleep at night. I want you to think about me randomly throughout the day. I want a whole bunch of COVID kids, like a real Von Trapp family situation, where instead of singing about edelweiss they sing about masks and lockdowns and random Greek letters, and they run around touching everything and everyone and coughing on them. I want people to make jokes about how I'm so clingy and needy, and how you're never going to be able to get rid of me, and you'll force a laugh and pretend to like the joke, but deep down you realize that you're stuck in this relationship and it really isn't ever going to end."

The federal Conservatives are mad at the Alberta Conservatives because we finally had to enact restrictions again because of a medical system teetering on complete collapse. It puts them in a tough spot for the election.

Burn them all away with fire.

The federal Conservatives are mad at the Alberta Conservatives because we finally had to enact restrictions again because of a medical system teetering on complete collapse. It puts them in a tough spot for the election.

Burn them all away with fire.
I imagine anti-vaxxers in Alberta are fuming at Kenney, too. Gosh, it'd be a shame if they voted against Conservatives in the next election because they're so mad at him.

It's typical Alberta response. Restrictions but with enough exceptions they're effectively worthless. Vaccine passports immediately but the websites are barely functional. Everyone is mad. Nothing is done.