Coronavirus Thread

BC is getting hit pretty hard and has finally made mask-wearing "mandatory" if inside along with a $230 fine. There are still exceptions though so people will just quote those and get around it if they're feeling really spicy but mask usage has gone way up since they called for it so I'll take it.

The biggest thing that struck me when we moved back to Vancouver Island from the mainland in October the number of people not wearing masks was WAY higher than anywhere I had been on the mainland. I think they thought themselves immune since cases were so low and it's an island but that is quickly proving not to be the case.

Shocking! I'll get the tar Blots, you get the feathers...actually that won't really work on Bubble will it?

Last edited:
You go to other sites??
What? No! I get other sites forced on me! FORCED I TELL YOU!

Shocking! I'll get the tar Blots, you get the feathers...actually that won't really work on Bubble will it?
It all depends. Regular ol' feathers, not so much. Pink and white flamingo feathers? Please, no! Don't do it! Don't throw me into that briar patch!

Bubble is visiting websites outside his bubble! Quarantine him before the hobo shoots him!
I'm already in quarantine! I haven't seen the outside world in ages! Do you know how long 8 months is in owl years?!

I'm sure this started out as a joke comment. But then...
Click through to the thread and you can even read some of the reviews people have been leaving.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My favorite comment was one I saw elsewhere: "My Yankee Candle not only didn't have a scent, but it made me cough a lot and now I'm having trouble breathing."

Our provincial premiere and chief medical officer have been holding (practically) daily COVID briefings since March.

I have never listened/watched.

I happened to today and apparently as of this Thursday, it's all being shut down again for at least two weeks. No restaurants (take-out only), no sports, no faith gatherings (or more than 5 people).
Meanwhile Alberta just instituted 1000 dollar fines for any in home gatherings. Bars and such still open. Dumbest fucking province.

Copycats.

Some university punks had a super spreader party.

Cops came broke it up, fined the host. Kids passes the hat to pay for the fine.

Pisses off McNeil so much he called them out and switched it to everyone gets the fine.

Welp, we're fucked...
I'd rather have Mr. Bean in charge of vaccine distribution than the Trump administration. In the first case, eventually everyone will get what they need even if it may be not what they expected. In the second case, just rich old white guys and their entourage.

Friday saw the state of Arizona hit a new high for new cases over a seven-day average, with 3,849 cases (on average) over the previous seven days. The previous high was back on July 6 when it was "only" 3,844.

The average was promptly broken on Saturday with a new seven-day average of 3,920 per day. :facepalm::Leyla:

Dave

Staff member
Two things coronavirus related from me today.

First, one of my oldest friends got Covid. He survived, but he's just now feeling better. He's a huge Trumper, no-masker (except at work where he has to), etc. He said in a message to our gaming group:

Hey, all! I tested positive for Covid on 11/26. First symptoms were 2 am on 11/24. Feeling much better now. CDC guidelines say I can return to work and gaming on 12/4 if I am symptom-free.
We were supposed to be meeting this Saturday for our game. We didn't meet on the 20th because his ROOMMATE was sick and I called it out of caution. Yeah, sorry, John. That's a hard pass on this weekend. We'll wait the 14 days, thanks.

And in Nebraska news, read this twitter thread. Just...read it.