Coronavirus Thread

C'mon guys, think of his poor wife... it must be pretty hard on her knowing he had sex with some other woman before her.

figmentPez

Staff member
New CDC Study Shows How Covid-19 Is Deadlier Than the Flu

I'm a little late in posting this, the story is from October 20th.

"Of the covid-19 patients in the study, 21% died, compared to 3.8% of flu patients—a more than fivefold gap between the two."

This was specifically studying hospitalized patients, but it was a study of nearly 4,000 COVID-19 patients, compared to 5,500 influenza patients covering a 17 month span.

"Heart inflammation, pneumonia, liver failure, shock, bloodstream infections, and bleeding inside the brain were among the other complications more likely for covid-19. " The average hospital stay for COVID-19 patients was longer (8.6 days vs 3 days), too.

figmentPez

Staff member
Another round of lockdowns imminent. Since no one has to placate orange boi anymore, perhaps this time it'll stick.
Utah is declaring a state of emergency:

I'm kinda dreading the conspiracy theorists popping up to say that these are a sign that Biden has already taken power.

Pfeizer says their vaccine has 90% effectiveness at stopping covid infections. I guess anything 50% or better was going to be considered an acceptable vaccine so that's good.

Pfeizer says their vaccine has 90% effectiveness at stopping covid infections. I guess anything 50% or better was going to be considered an acceptable vaccine so that's good.
And of course people who had absolutely nothing to do with it are claiming credit.

We have had so many new cases during the 1st week of November in our local middle school alone that they shut down in-school learning there until the end of the month. And yet, as I'm overhearing Li'l Z's morning meeting where so many if his classmates are saying "they had a sleepover at so-ans-so's house" or "we had a party with these classmates", I keep wondering how stupid so many parents around here can still be.

Colorado is up to 3000+ cases a day after today I think. Our governor is pretty much just wringing his hands and telling people to be more responsible. Clearly it's not working dude.

Our stocks have taken a sharp dive, too.

Of course, looking at our stock, it went from about 220 to 95 in March, and now it tumbled oh so badly from 270 to 250 or something.
The Corona crisis, and especially the response to it has literally allowed some people to triple their money without any risk whatsoever, in less than a year.
Luckily the stock market is a fair and open system that benefits everyone equally.

Dave

Staff member
One of my sister's friends died from Covid yesterday. I knew him but not well as he was a senior when I was a freshman. Still, he left behind a wife and three kids. Still, he was a Trumper so I don't feel that sorry for them.