[Movies] Confess your movie sins to me, and be absolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. More than that, I hate that I become contrary about movies and things when these pushy people start talking. It's just really hard to judge something for yourself with a fanboy/girl buzzing in your ear.
Yyyyyyeah. Ceej, you know I loves ya, but let's not ever see a superhero movie together.

Especially a Superman one. :p

I've never watched Alien or Aliens, Pulp Fiction, Forrest Gump, Hotel Rwanda, Cast Away, or a lot of Disney classics (Lady & the Tramp, Cinderella, Fantasia, etc.)

Nope. Sorry. And your response is why I haven't watched them so far. I have had those movies shoved at me constantly. I have no interest in seeing them and honestly I hate Tom Hanks.

If you hate Tom Hanks, you'll hate all three of those movies about him. He carries them all.

Alien and Aliens though... cmon guuuuurl.

fade

Staff member
I hate westerns, but I still loved the Searchers and Unforgiven. I try not to disclude movies simply by genre.
The Outlaw Josie Wales? The Man with no Name trilogy? High Plains Drifter (shamalan-ish)? Treasure on Sierra Madre? Two Mules for Sister Sarah? Hmm.. I seem to have a thing for Clint Eastwood.

WHY WOULD YOU TALK AT ALL DURING A MOVIE! :mad:

Seriosly, I've gone full out douchebag to people who won't shut the hell up in a theater.
In my defence, when I do talk during a movie, it's strategically. Between dialogue, or during moments of no dialogue at all (action sequences). I know the right moments when to talk and when to shut up.

Then again, depending on the movie, I get giddy and child-like with some things. I tend to laugh the most and loudest. I'll actually cheer or go "oh shit" during great action. Basically, I react. Not excessively or disruptively, but I do react. I like getting into the movies or shows I watch.

Then again, depending on the movie, I get giddy and child-like with some things. I tend to laugh the most and loudest. I'll actually cheer or go "oh shit" during great action. Basically, I react. Not excessively or disruptively, but I do react. I like getting into the movies or shows I watch.
That's not talking; it's reacting. Reacting is fine and is not the same as sitting there analyzing a film while it's being watched.

In my defence, when I do talk during a movie, it's strategically. Between dialogue, or during moments of no dialogue at all (action sequences). I know the right moments when to talk and when to shut up.

If we were seeing a movie together and you blabbed on during the action scenes, even if it's about the action scene itself, I would straight up punch you in the arm. You could ask my best friend, I've done it to him more than once.

I don't get pissy about much, but talking during movies is one of the very few that make me rage out.

And I mean actually talking, not laughing or gasping, etc...

Yeah, any kind of big analyzing can be can be saved for after the movie. But the reacting is the same as my talking during the theatre. Little snippets here and there.

S

SeraRelm

Nope. Sorry. And your response is why I haven't watched them so far. I have had those movies shoved at me constantly.
I understand your reticence in watching a film shoved at you constantly.

However...
Alien and Aliens though... cmon guuuuurl.
I must agree. If you find yourself in the position to see them, I'd suggest doing so and the pushy mcpushers be damned. Just don't let them know you're watching them.:p

WHY WOULD YOU TALK AT ALL DURING A MOVIE! :mad:

Seriosly, I've gone full out douchebag to people who won't shut the hell up in a theater.
I confess, I come from a family of movie talkers.
We don't talk at the theatre, obviously, because we're not freaking animals. But sit down with my family at home to watch a movie on DVD, and because we're all trivia-afficianados it quickly becomes "Who's that? I recognize him from somewhere."
"Oh he played so and so in _____"
"No he didn't, that was so and so"
"No you're thinking of ______. I'm talking about ______"
"Oh, right, well then who was _______?"
etc, etc.

The worst is my mom though, because she is the sole member of my family who is NOT a movie trivia person, so while we'll talk, as Nick put it "Strategically", and at least about something related to the movie, mom will come in and sit down and start talking about what she had for lunch or something.

My mother only watches police procedurals. And my father only wants to talk to her during the last 10 minutes of the shows.

I am surprised that she has not done something drastic to him yet.

I never saw aliens but I think alien aged really poorly. When I watched it, it just looked corny. I can see why back when it came out it was considered great though.

My mother only watches police procedurals. And my father only wants to talk to her during the last 10 minutes of the shows.

I am surprised that she has not done something drastic to him yet.
Oh my goodness, my parents are very similar. Mom will start watching one and dad will leave to walk the dogs. The last fifteen minutes is "Who is that guy?" "Did he do it?" "Is the black guy new? Wasn't he in..." Jesus, just walk the dogs after the show!

Oh my goodness, my parents are very similar. Mom will start watching one and dad will leave to walk the dogs. The last fifteen minutes is "Who is that guy?" "Did he do it?" "Is the black guy new? Wasn't he in..." Jesus, just walk the dogs after the show!
Your dad is Jesus?!
/obvious joke

My mom is like this with movies sometimes.

Except she's been sitting there with the rest of us since it began.

My folks keep interrupting me when I try watching a movie at home. Dad's one of those people that isn't interested in the movies I watch unless I'm already halfway through them. Then he starts asking question after question about this character and that character, what's going on, what's going to happen, etc. Or complains that there's excessive swearing (which is why I've never liked The Crow, because that's the only memory I remember about it).

They're not movie people in general, anyway. They don't go to the theatre. The last time we went as a family (including my sisters and their families), we saw Titanic together when it first came out back in the 90's. Mom fell asleep during it. Dad kept complaining the theatre was too hot, the sound too loud, and asking when the damn boat was going to sink.

S

SeraRelm

Well, I did it. With the last of my vodka and breaks every 15 minutes or so, I watched Batman and Robin.

My buddy and I ditched school in grade 10 to watch it on a Friday afternoon.

It was definitely not worth the trouble.

My girlfriend and I in High School went to see a new superhero movie that came out around the time (mid-late 90's). I told her that the place was going to be packed. I told her we probably should go at least an hour and a half ahead of time, just to get a decent seat or a seat at all. It was going to be huge.

The theatre was maybe filled to half.

Spawn wasn't the big movie I thought it was going to be.

Was browsing Netflix and came across:

The Ginger-dead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver

After cleverly escaping the maximum security research institute of Homicidal Baked Goods, the Gingerdead Man stumbles upon a time machine and finds himself sent back in time as he slaughters the contestants of a 1970's Roller Boogie contest.

I confess, I have not seen this movie and therefore should not judge its quality. Nor is this likely to change!

Gods, I need to make a "NOOOOO" or "NO! NO! NO!" John Carter screencap, because that's twice I've needed such a thing in one thread.

The Ginger-dead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver

After cleverly escaping the maximum security research institute of Homicidal Baked Goods, the Gingerdead Man stumbles upon a time machine and finds himself sent back in time as he slaughters the contestants of a 1970's Roller Boogie contest.

I confess, I have not seen this movie and therefore should not judge its quality. Nor is this likely to change!
Based on the synopsis why would it's quality even matter, it sounds hilarious either way...

A

Amebix

Goonies. I have never seen Goonies. I was the right age to see it when it was out too. I have never gotten more shit from people than when they find out I have never seen it. They could walk in on me with their mother and care more that I haven't seen fucking Goonies than what I'd be elbow deep in.

In summary? Fuck Goonies, I refuse.

S

SeraRelm

While I understand the reasons you feel that way, it's a neat movie and not watching it because of other people is just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.