[Movies] Confess your movie sins to me, and be absolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently saw Citizen Kane for the first time, crossing one off my list. There are LOT of "essential" films that everyone goes crazy if you say you haven't seen. So what are some of yours, off the top of your head? It's okay. This thread is for lightly making fun of you. I don't want to hear that "oh I can't listen to your opinions about movies ever aaagaaaaain" nonsense because no one has seen every "essential" good movie!!! Here are mine off the top of my head:

First Blood (Rambo 1)
Blade Runner
Raging Bull
Bridge on the River Kwai
Band of Brothers (I'm aware this isn't a movie, but it still fits)

Forgive me, Charlie, for I have sinned.
I've already stated this elsewhere, but I'll say it again here:
Everything by Stanley Kubrick other thna Dr. Strangelove. This includes:
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining

Also;
First Blood
Rocky 1- Rocky Balboa
Raging Bull
Citizen Kane

I intend to see all of these by the time the year is out. Unfortunately none of these are on Netflix.ca, so seeing them is going to be a bit more difficult than I'd hoped.

ElJuski

Staff member
There are plenty of older movies that I haven't seen, but as far as a movie that people always flip their shit when I say I haven't seen it is Braveheart.

S

SeraRelm

Godfather insists upon itself.

I already confessed my love of horrible old Kung fu and horror movies.

There are plenty of older movies that I haven't seen, but as far as a movie that people always flip their shit when I say I haven't seen it is Braveheart.
In the spirit of this thread, I will not flip my shit. But this has been noted. I friggin' LOVE Braveheart.

I have not seen The Godfather. Nor have I seen any of the Harry Potter films. I haven't even read the books!

You don't notice how often people reference Harry Potter until you haven't read/seen it, and thus have no clue what people are talking about.
I haven't read any of them, and only saw the first few because my girlfriend at the time was obsessed. I don't remember anything about them, because they were boring.

I am officially absolving you of this "sin". You don't even have to say any Hail Spielbergs. Just, I dunno, go watch Shawshank Redemption or something because Harry Potter just doesn't matter.

I have not seen the Avengers.

Or Iron Man 2

Or Captain America

Or Thor

Or any of the X-Men movies after the 3rd

And I liked Daredevil

Haven't seen Citizen Kane, don't intend to. Love Casablanca.
Haven't seen any superhero movie since X-Men 1.

Still love to watch The Pirate Movie and even sing along!

Ones I haven't seen, but definitely plan on seeing:
Taxi Driver
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
The Usual Suspects (though, seeing as I already know the twist, I don't know if it's even worth it)
Metropolis
Raging Bull

Films people think I should see, but really don't have an interest in seeing:
Braveheart

I'm ashamed to say that, even after years of working in different video stores, I have a list of movies I've never seen:

-The Godfather movies
-Blade Runner (tried several times and got bored, turning it off after half an hour)
-Raging Bull
-Taxi Driver
-Scarface
-Braveheart
-Malcolm X
-Gandhi
-Natural Born Killers
-Dr. Strangelove

Probably a lot more I'm blanking on.

I haven't seen the classic Scorcese films, a la Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, etc. Only films of his I've seen are Goodfellas, The Aviator, and The Departed.

I loathe Stanley Kubrick films except Dr. Strangeglove. Couldn't stand a single fucking one.

And then, worst of all...

I've owned The Godfather for over six years and haven't watched it.

B

BErt

People look at me like I have something growing out of my face when I admit I have not seen:

1) twister
2) titanic
3) avatar

fade

Staff member
I am officially absolving you of this "sin". You don't even have to say any Hail Spielbergs. Just, I dunno, go watch Shawshank Redemption or something because Harry Potter just doesn't matter.
:Leyla:

Harry Potter is to kids stories what Star Wars was to sci-fi---SOS (same ol' stuff) but done better. The world Rowling built alone is worth it.

As someone who has seen Braveheart, I'm surprised at all the love it seems to get. Good/very good movie, but I probably wouldn't call it a 'must see.'

I'm more or less in the same boat as Gusto; the number of great movies I haven't seen is far too long and embarrassing to list.

That reminds me, I still have yet to watch Chinatown :ninja:

I have Chinatown on my Netflix and I'm embarrassed to have not seen it, even though no one IRL would give me grief over it.

Also, The Thief of Baghdad.

People look at me like I have something growing out of my face when I admit I have not seen:

1) twister
2) titanic
3) avatar
Twister is a horrible, horrible movie... but I highly recommend watching it. It's one of those rare movies that are so bad that they spin right back around to awesome.

I've never seen the Godfather films nor have I seen any of the silver screen classics like Casablanca, Gone With the Wind or Citizen Kane. I've seen huge pieces of Bladerunner, in fact, I think I've seen the entire movie in pieces, just never in one go. Something always got in the way of my being able to watch it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.