[Movies] Confess your movie sins to me, and be absolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SeraRelm

Charlie, you must see Raising Arizona. It's Nicholas Cage at his best.

ESPECIALLY Stephen King.
Stephen King should have nothing to do with the film versions of his stories, because I don't think he understands visual medium, but he's still written worthwhile stuff since his peak days. Cell is fucking awesome. I think it's the first book to ever give me a nightmare. I really want to read his time travel one even though I can never remember the name.

But this is not a book thread so I'll shut up!

Stephen King should have nothing to do with the film versions of his stories, because I don't think he understands visual medium, but he's still written worthwhile stuff since his peak days. Cell is fucking awesome. I think it's the first book to ever give me a nightmare. I really want to read his time travel one even though I can never remember the name.

But this is not a book thread so I'll shut up!
Best example... His first original screenplay was Sleepwalkers.

If you haven't seen it, count yourself lucky.

Werecats... seriously....

I am a slobbering Coens fanboy, but I haven't seen Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, or The Man Who Wasn't There.
I really liked Miller's Crossing a lot the first time I watched it. It really doesn't get the appreciation it deserves because it is overshadowed by so many other great Coen's Brothers films. I'm not sure it held up too well, but it is still a favorite I have of theirs.

S

SeraRelm

I didn't watch The Man From Earth until last year. If anyone has missed THAT one, you're only hurting yourself.

S

SeraRelm

I have never seen the kilmer or clooney batman movies. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I feel survivors guilt over it.

Shegokigo , it's fantastic. Amazing writing, good acting, great plot.

fade

Staff member
I didn't watch The Man From Earth until last year. If anyone has missed THAT one, you're only hurting yourself.
Eh....

It was okay. I reviewed it in the "last movie" thread a while back. I give them credit for pulling off a movie with NOTHING but talking heads without putting me to sleep. I wish they would've left it more ambiguous at the end. The whole
heart attack
thing felt a little forced.

S

SeraRelm

Yeah, had the ending been
left "unknown"
it would have boosted it into the "one of my favorite movies" zone. I still qualify it as a must see, though.

Never seen Office Space.

Paid for Titanic, didn't even have the pretense of taking a girl on a date to it, I was just curious about all the hype.

Office Space is definitely a must see.

If you do like it, I'd also recommend Idiocracy if you haven't seen that either.

Those two movies prove just how pranked we all were by Mike Judge by Beavis and Butt-head.

Cajungal

Staff member
Office Space is one I haven't seen since high school, and I really want to watch it again. I had this friend in high school who would spend the entire movie trying to "sell" the movie to me--pointing out all the parts that were clever or funny, and why. It always made for a really crappy viewing experience, and he simply would not be shut down. So I'd love to see it without commentary.

Office Space is one I haven't seen since high school, and I really want to watch it again. I had this friend in high school who would spend the entire movie trying to "sell" the movie to me--pointing out all the parts that were clever or funny, and why. It always made for a really crappy viewing experience, and he simply would not be shut down. So I'd love to see it without commentary.
I have a friend like that. I try to avoid watching movies with him at all costs, especially ones he's seen. Blech.

Back on topic: I've never seen Casablanca. Or Citizen Kane. Or No Country for Old Men.

I HATE people like this.

Cajungal

Staff member
Yeah. More than that, I hate that I become contrary about movies and things when these pushy people start talking. It's just really hard to judge something for yourself with a fanboy/girl buzzing in your ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.