Biden 1st term

This does feel a little like over obsessing with wording rather then an outright lie. The dude is old, probably heard someone critical of his COVID vaccination goals recently, and he just kind of took that frustration out while talking with other reporters. It does not feel like an open lie like Trump did all the time.

Q-Anon republican lawmaker who threatened to file articles of impeachment against Biden on his first day gives up because the process is too hard and complicated.

Q-Anon republican lawmaker who threatened to file articles of impeachment against Biden on his first day gives up because the process is too hard and complicated.
You know, it wasn't until about a few weeks ago I realized she and Loeffer weren't the same person? I blame it on the the fact that they both seem to have sprouted from the same blonde, horse-faced hydra.

Okay I kind of forgot how stupid things can get when the President isn't driving a scandal every thirty seconds and mags still need to milk those sweet, sweet clicks.

It's amazing how quickly we went from controversies like "asking Georgia to commit voter fraud" and "inciting rioters" to "HOLY HELL, HE'S WEARING AN EXPENSIVE WATCH."

I know we said we just wanted things to be boring again, but I think this might be taking it a bit too far. Maaaaaaybe we should finish with Trump and his domestic terrorists first, hmm?

So, in 3 days we’ve decided to criticize Biden for:

1) Owning a Peloton bike and equating it to owning a private jet (lol)
2) A “lie” where he paraphrased someone, with a bit of obvious hyperbole
3) Wearing a pricey watch that he bought with his own money

This cannot be how journalism acts. There are plenty of valid criticisms you could level at the president. This stupid, petty shit is just embarrassing.

So, in 3 days we’ve decided to criticize Biden for:

This cannot be how journalism acts. There are plenty of valid criticisms you could level at the president. This stupid, petty shit is just embarrassing.
Shareholder value comes before journalistic ethics. Looks like they've been asked to appease their trump-supporting investors again.

And some publishing families have completely gone over the deep end. Like the Blocks in Pittsburgh and the Ricketts in Chicago. They've destroyed any credibility their papers may have once had.

The security leak possibility is what brought up the fact he even had a Peloton, but after they confirmed it wouldn't be an issue and they would take precautions, it morphed into the same thing as the weird Rolex controversy in trying to make it look like he is "extravagant".

Last edited:
The security leak possibility is what brought up the fact he even had a Peloton, but after they confirmed it wouldn't be an issue and they would take precautions, it morphed into the same thing as the weird Rolex controversy is trying to make it look like he is "extravagant".
Bitching about his Corvette in 3... 2... 1...

(Never mind that he's had it since 1967, and his dad the GM dealer bought it for him.)

We just had a "man" who had a button installed to keep another human being on staff at all times to bring him a Diet Coke, but a 78-year-old man who can afford a Rolex is a controversy??

FOCUS, MEDIA.

I realize we're coming off the last 4 years like a 5 -year-old who was let loose in Dylan's Candy Bar and now has to go home, but get it together.

Okay I kind of forgot how stupid things can get when the President isn't driving a scandal every thirty seconds and mags still need to milk those sweet, sweet clicks.

As a watch guy, I can confirm that the real controversy is he's wearing it over his Omega Seamaster, which is arguably a nicer watch. But if you're going to have a rolex, a datejust like his is pretty classy, and also among the simplest and least expensive rolexes out there.

We just had a "man" who had a button installed to keep another human being on staff at all times to bring him a Diet Coke, but a 78-year-old man who can afford a Rolex is a controversy??

FOCUS, MEDIA.

I realize we're coming off the last 4 years like a 5 -year-old who was let loose in Dylan's Candy Bar and now has to go home, but get it together.
Shame on me, but I find this Diet Coke button interesting.

I have had a lot of fun watching how many people realized this Family Guy skit was based on real information and was not just something they made up.

I think the problem here (besides he was drinking 12 Diet Cokes a day) was that he could have had a mini fridge installed, or used his intercom to ask for a Diet Coke, but he had to have a button installed, with the fucking Presidental seal on it, who's sole purpose was to bring him a Diet Coke on a silver platter. Even fucking Reagan left his jellybeans in a dish on his desk.

But yes, media. Rolexgate. Have at it.

Dear Media,

Stop pandering to boomers while alienating your younger audience. They'll all be dead soon, and we'll be the only audience you have left.

Sincerely, everyone since 'Nam.

--Patrick

I'm all for dogging on that idiot but he didn't install that button. It's been around since at least Obama from what I can see to call an aide. Whether it was used exclusively for calling a diet coke under Trump, I don't know, my assumption is that it was used during an interview at one point to do so and that's all anyone ever assumed was done with it.

I don't think that's far from what it was used for the majority of the time but it smacks of hypocrisy to be getting upset regarding tan suits, watches and bikes being treated as controversies the media is creating while at the same time jumping on to this.

Last edited:
I'm all for dogging on that idiot but he didn't install that button. It's been around since at least Obama from what I can see to call an aide. Whether it was used exclusively for calling a diet coke under Trump, I don't know, my assumption is that it was used during an interview at one point to do so and that's all anyone ever assumed was done with it.

I don't think that's far from what it was used for the majority of the time but it smacks of hypocrisy to be getting upset regarding tan suits, watches and bikes being treated as controversies the media is creating while at the same time jumping on to this.
According to Snopes, at least, the button has been around for decades--but by all appearances, all Trump used it for was diet cokes.

Gee, thanks.

Sincerely,
Someone born about four months before the Tet Offensive
Are you saying you find it a...Tet Offensive. :awesome:

...they both seem to have sprouted from the same blonde, horse-faced hydra.
Every time one of these people opens their mouths, I expect them to sincerely say "Hail Hydra", so I had to reread this a couple of times because that's what I saw.