[Movies] Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entertainment Weekly said:
Marvel Studios has released the following statement: “Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well ashelp develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe.”
Full article here.

I highly suspect the TV thing is ether going to be Wonder Woman or Runaways... if only because Disney has been wanting to do something with Runaways for awhile now.

Runaways is Marvel though and Whedon did a run on it soo.....
And it paled big time compared to Vaughan's run, so Whedon doing Runaways isn't a sign of confidence for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1344439191][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, it's too bad that Deadpool is still owned by Fox, because a couple of Whedonesque musical numbers would be fucking awesome and totally appropriate for Deadpool.

Hell, I'd just want to see a Whedon-written Deadpool in general.

I give a huge vote for Heroes for Hire. It would fit well with how they are presenting the cinematic Marvel universe, while also giving a lot of room for tons of interpersonal drama between the various members.

I never even realized the whole headset issue during the final scenes. How the hell were they communicating!?
Neither did I. But really, if we're going to accept that the Norse god of thunder can team up with a chemically enhanced WWII veteran, a gigantic rage monster with limitless strength, a guy with a high-tech super suit, an archer who never misses despite his targets whizzing past at hundreds of MPH, and a crazy-hot Russian assassin... I can accept that they got some earpieces from SHIELD to communicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.