[Movies] Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember actually being excited for an action-type flick, but this I can get behind. I just have to see Captain America and Thor between now and then.

At first I was all like, oh, alright cool... then the first few notes of "We're In This Together" started to play and then I was all like daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Loved the Norton Hulk, love Norton's acting in General. Despise his "diva" attitude, glad he's gone from the production.

So ummm... *pulls his pants back up and starts to tie his belt* When is this movie going to come out?

C

Chibibar

This looks awesome. I know my wife will "drag me" to midnight showing.

Looks tantalizing. Any word on what/who the main villain/threat is that they will be taking on?
It's probably going to be at least one villain for each of the big members. So probably Loki, The Leader or Abomination, Winter Soldier, and someone for Tony Stark.

Actually, now that you mentioned vodka, I could see them using the Crimson Dynamo if they bring in Winter Soldier for Captain America.

It's going to be Loki, and not much else. They're not going to take the time to introduce the Winter Soldier in the Avengers. If they do it at all, it will be in a stand-alone Captain America sequel. They might use Abomination, but I doubt it.

It's going to be Loki, and not much else. They're not going to take the time to introduce the Winter Soldier in the Avengers. If they do it at all, it will be in a stand-alone Captain America sequel. They might use Abomination, but I doubt it.
Considering how they handled the Bucky falling from the train scene, it's pretty clear they want to do Winter Soldier sometime down the line. Maybe not this film, but it's going to happen.

As for Abomination... I think it'll happen. They need something that is a reasonable threat to The Hulk and the only other person who could reasonable go toe to toe with him is Thor.

BananaHands

Staff member
I'm sure Loki is just going to turn them all against each other. So we'll have a movie of these superheroes beating each other up until they realize what is going on and become the Avengers we know they should be.

Is it just me but are the villains for the Avergers just meh at best?
I think that's because most of the really iconic Marvel villains aren't involved with these characters. Their more involved with the likes of Spiderman, the X-Men, and the Fantastic 4. It's really one of the problems with Marvel comics as a whole.

I don't think so, because Nick Fury was clearly setting up this team in Avengers 1/2.

I mean, Iron Man 2.

Anyway, looks fucking awesome. I'm glad Loki is the main villain, as each other movie's villain was pretty must "Grr, arg" while Loki was the most plotting and intelligent of them. I loved Thor's grin to Tony Snark.

Also at first I was all "Cool, but aww, want Hulk" and then there was Hulk.
Added at: 17:38
... how is this fan service? The Avengers is a long running, well established super group in comics. It's been around for decades.
He doesn't know about mainstream comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.