[News] Anon goes to war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bad analogy Sin, I don't find anything boring about fucking.

Or you're doing it wrong, which I hope isn't the case.

ElJuski

Staff member
Pinkerton stands above the entire Green Day discography, on its own. But both are, in retrospect, pretty dispensible pieces of pop-rock.

I was hoping no one would catch that errant "then". I saw it when I hit "Reply" and I was like "Fuck it."

Typo explanations!

Dave

Staff member
American Idiot is better in both music and scope (content) than anything Weezer has ever done. Ever.

ElJuski

Staff member
Two things.

American Idiot is overrated garbage.

People that don't like American Idiot aren't necessarily hipsters. Also, epic eyeroll to every time someone calls someone who listens to music a hipster. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's pompous esoterica, folks.

Dave

Staff member
See, now I'm not a huge fan of 21st Century Breakdown. I think they tried to recapture lightning in a bottle and came off as trying too hard. AI was about perfect in tone, content and it was so very topical to the state of the world at the time of its release, which is amazing considering how much time it takes to make an album. The whole thing was on how the government tries to rule by fear while the middle class isolates itself with media and shopping. It was a real call to people to wake up and see what was going on around them and it did so to some extent.

Weezer writes songs about sweaters.
Added at: 18:02
Two things.

American Idiot is overrated garbage.

People that don't like American Idiot aren't necessarily hipsters. Also, epic eyeroll to every time someone calls someone who listens to music a hipster. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's pompous esoterica, folks.
But hipsters do call people sheep for liking a band they feel is too mainstream.

ElJuski

Staff member
See, now I'm not a huge fan of 21st Century Breakdown. I think they tried to recapture lightning in a bottle and came off as trying too hard. AI was about perfect in tone, content and it was so very topical to the state of the world at the time of its release, which is amazing considering how much time it takes to make an album. The whole thing was on how the government tries to rule by fear while the middle class isolates itself with media and shopping. It was a real call to people to wake up and see what was going on around them and it did so to some extent.

But hipsters do call people sheep for liking a band they feel is too mainstream.
Ugh, it's such rote garbage. It's sheer marketing pointed at suburban white kids who hated the President, which is ironic, you know, all considering. Green Day was fun when I was ten, and it feels like they've never updated their demographic. They've been hated by the real rock scene they germinated from and destroyed with their whitewash whiny garbage.

Dude, hipsters go beyond calling people sheep. And, to be frank, I think most hipsters have finally just figured out they're such sheep themselves.

GasBandit

Staff member

It has nothing to do with them being mainstream. Plenty of mainstream bands are just fine. Great even. Green Day is not one of them. American Idiot was just a low effort cash in on the cheap pop politics of the day, hence, low hanging fruit.

edit: Dude. Juski and I actually agree on something, and for the SAME REASON. Take that as a sign from above.

Just admit that if Green Day released American Idiot tomorrow about the Obama presidency, it would be the greatest album since Frampton Comes Alive
Nnnno, I don't think it fits. And even lyrics aside... it's just not that good. It has all the depth of lady gaga with all the musical talent of Creed, if they did a lot of caffeine and muscle relaxants.

Status
Not open for further replies.