a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
DarkAudit, consider if Hillary won and then the electoral college put ... well, let's not say Trump because of the particular lack of qualifications, but for sake of argument, Ted Cruz?

It also can't be Clinton; she conceded. I think Dei is right that it would have to be another Republican, one actually qualified for this, but even then it's not going to be someone prepared because in a normal situation, both candidates know what the fuck they're getting into ahead of time. So assuming someone else was selected by the EC or Congress in December, they're going to have even less time to get prepared than Trump does.

Speaking of those preparations, Trump and co are having open applications to fill the White House vacancies they had no idea they had to fill. This is going to be a rush job, so if you have a nice resume, there's a good chance you could get in there. Not sure how that will look on a future resume afterward, but it'd be possible to make change from the inside I suppose.

I want you to think really hard about the implications of everything you just said, and what it would mean for the country if they actually did what you're calling for.
Maybe you'll finally get rid of the whole EC thing already.[DOUBLEPOST=1479389547,1479389049][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sanders would not have won. The alt-right drove this election and they hated him *much* more than her.
Obama got 69 million votes the 1st time, and 62 million the 2nd. Clinton got 60 million.

People not voting, or voting 3rd party is why the Dems lost. And Hillary's unlikeability (and, lets be honest, being a woman) was a major contributor to that.

Hell, her poll numbers went down a week before the election because of the e-mail announcement, and no matter how much r/the_donald called Comey a traitor for clearing her after, that didn't do shit to fix the damage.

Maybe you'll finally get rid of the whole EC thing already.[DOUBLEPOST=1479389547,1479389049][/DOUBLEPOST]

Obama got 69 million votes the 1st time, and 62 million the 2nd. Clinton got 60 million.

People not voting, or voting 3rd party is why the Dems lost. And Hillary's unlikeability (and, lets be honest, being a woman) was a major contributor to that.

Hell, her poll numbers went down a week before the election because of the e-mail announcement, and no matter how much r/the_donald called Comey a traitor for clearing her after, that didn't do shit to fix the damage.
Clinton still got more votes than literally every white dude ever to run for president.

Then it that case, it would be because of Democrat misogyny. I don't see how anyone still buys this line despite early support for Fiorina, and, I dunno, enthusiastic support for Palin when she was McCain's VP pick. Hillary lost because she was an awful candidate and 2008 should have been the wake-up call.

Clinton's sitting at 62.8M, not 60M, FWIW (and counting isn't finished).

Clinton still got more votes than literally every white dude ever to run for president.
Current estimates place her less than 1M votes ahead of 2004's Bush results, and 2016 had 7M more in turnout.

Such impress.

I don't think her being a woman was at issue for people who weren't voting Trump anyway. A man could've beaten Trump, yes. So could a different woman.

What do Al Gore, John Kerry, Mitt Romney, and Hillary Clinton have in common besides losing an election? Low energy candidates. I don't know how much difference it makes, but energy certainly combats apathy.

Dave

Staff member
People who voted Trump while telling us the whole time how he was not racist, misogynistic, etc. People who overlooked his campaign promises and thought he'd moderate after taking office.

Then it that case, it would be because of Democrat misogyny.
Here's a dirty little secret... just because they're a minority doesn't meant they're not sexist. Especially when talking about latinos.

enthusiastic support for Palin when she was McCain's VP pick
Yeah, i for one would not really cite being basically an assistant to a candidate as great proof of people wanting a woman in power.[DOUBLEPOST=1479415695,1479415651][/DOUBLEPOST]
During the primaries last September she shot up to 2nd place, only behind Trump.
Didn't everyone (well, except Jeb).

Dave

Staff member
You may think I'm being overly harsh, but he's already talking about banning a specific group into camps and using the internment of the Japanese citizens - a very dark part of our country's history - as a basic template.

Clinton's sitting at 62.8M, not 60M, FWIW (and counting isn't finished).
Well fuck me, i assumed you'd be finished by now...

But anyway, we already know she won the places with the most population.

Current estimates place her less than 1M votes ahead of 2004's Bush results, and 2016 had 7M more in turnout.
Oh cmon, even Obama got less turnout his second time.

EDIT: Looking over some data, it seems that since 2000 you guys added like 40 million people to your population... so yeah, until the turnout % are out, it's hard to judge either way. But that doesn't really change the point that even a few not voting for her because she's female, in the right states, would have contributed enough for her to lose.

So could a different woman.
Sure, but that doesn't mean being a woman didn't influence things, and with Hillary every little decimal of a % counted.

Last edited:
I can't believe how YES MEN this whole administration is turning out to be. This is starting to look worse than the Nixon administration.

Apparently there are thousands of positions open and they have to fill 3000 jobs in 2 months. Go ahead and check out their website.

And it dawned on me. Everyone has the theory that Trump wanted to lose the election, but with this new development I think we just watched The Producers.

Nah if he really wanted to lose he could've just changed his stances massively in the last few weeks. He'd "betray" his base, but the liberals of the world wouldn't switch to him.

And it dawned on me. Everyone has the theory that Trump wanted to lose the election, but with this new development I think we just watched The Producers.
Seriously, I remember a few days later when I could finally stomach it, watching his acceptance speech, and he had this "Oh shit" look on his face as he came out to the podium, like even he couldn't believe it. Not in that "I was the underdog but I did it!" way, but that "I have made a horrible mistake" sort of way. Why I made a joke about how the Hillary conspiracy might have been true in the funny pictures thread because it seemed so possible looking at his reactions. (or at the least he just wanted the publicity, not the job)

The sad thing is, let's say for argument the conspiracy IS true, he totally trapped himself. If his intention was to get Hillary in power, then he screwed that up, but he can't just step down now because that would automatically put Pence in charge, and for the sake of the conspiracy he wouldn't want that to be the outcome. The best he can do now is make him and his staff look incompetent enough that the electoral college will actually overturn some of the states, but even that we are in a losing situation because that would just ignite violence from the Trump base he rallied over the last year with all his "Rigged!" nonsense.

We just going to have to see what happens and hope for the best at this point.

Seriously, I remember a few days later when I could finally stomach it, watching his acceptance speech, and he had this "Oh shit" look on his face as he came out to the podium, like even he couldn't believe it. Not in that "I was the underdog but I did it!" way, but that "I have made a horrible mistake" sort of way. Why I made a joke about how the Hillary conspiracy might have been true in the funny pictures thread because it seemed so possible looking at his reactions. (or at the least he just wanted the publicity, not the job)

The sad thing is, let's say for argument the conspiracy IS true, he totally trapped himself. If his intention was to get Hillary in power, then he screwed that up, but he can't just step down now because that would automatically put Pence in charge, and for the sake of the conspiracy he wouldn't want that to be the outcome. The best he can do now is make him and his staff look incompetent enough that the electoral college will actually overturn some of the states, but even that we are in a losing situation because that would just ignite violence from the Trump base he rallied over the last year with all his "Rigged!" nonsense.

We just going to have to see what happens and hope for the best at this point.
YES! This is exactly where I went too! He's now in a terrible position and now he is scrambling for a way to make himself so unqualified that the EC has no choice but to select someone else. It's so bizarre that they are trying to fill 3000 positions using a scroll bar with job positions. I mean, WHAT?

Rather than a shitty web site, wouldn't it make more sense to see if anyone on Obama's staff wants to keep their job? I know for a normal situation that's not ideal, but this isn't a normal situation.

Rather than a shitty web site, wouldn't it make more sense to see if anyone on Obama's staff wants to keep their job? I know for a normal situation that's not ideal, but this isn't a normal situation.
Would YOU want working with the Trump Whitehouse as part of your resume? Even if I was forced to work there, I would probably leave it off my resume.

Those are democratic staffers, I doubt they would want to work with him, and I doubt the republican party would want them

Those are democratic staffers, I doubt they would want to work with him, and I doubt the republican party would want them
Right, but they know the jobs, they know how to keep the White House running. That's better than nothing, which is about what he's going to have on short notice. 3,000 people who aren't ready.

Right, but they know the jobs, they know how to keep the White House running. That's better than nothing, which is about what he's going to have on short notice. 3,000 people who aren't ready.
Yeah, except all those people can either

1. Work for Trump. Yeah, we've seen the problems with THAT one, especially if he doesn't like you already (don't get paid, deal with his crap, get fired for no reason, etc.)
2. Get a new job with WHITE HOUSE ADMINISTRATOR as a high point on their resume. Yeah, no problem getting jobs that pay really well there.

I get a feeling I know what EVERYONE will choose.

BananaHands

Staff member
American Shit Show is about to start it's first season, and it may be up to 8 seasons long, with an unsure amount of seasons in between.
Damn shame American Hope had such a shit ending and we're stuck with this spin-off. Would have rather had the Sopranos ending.

You forgot one other thing: People being "disenfranchised" from voting because of new voter suppression Voter ID laws.

Didn't most of the blue states that flipped have new Voter ID laws since 2012?
Yup. That was definitely a contributing factor. Unfortunately, it's hard to prove who would have voted if not for unnecessary laws put in place making it harder to vote.

Yeah, except all those people can either

1. Work for Trump. Yeah, we've seen the problems with THAT one, especially if he doesn't like you already (don't get paid, deal with his crap, get fired for no reason, etc.)
2. Get a new job with WHITE HOUSE ADMINISTRATOR as a high point on their resume. Yeah, no problem getting jobs that pay really well there.

I get a feeling I know what EVERYONE will choose.
I'm talking from Trump and co's POV. A bunch of people who may not agree with you but know what needs to be done, when, how, etc. VS 3,000 people who have never worked together, are coming in unprepared while you're unprepared, will just yes you to death while driving the whole thing into the ground--

Actually, on second thought, yeah, that sounds exactly like a Trump project.