a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
"Hey kid, this resume is great. Real great. I called your boss at Whataburger, and he said you got real drive. You are going places. I want to offer you a job."

"Thank you President Trump! What do you need me to do? Kitchen Staff?"

"Office of Cabinet Affairs"

It is interesting. I wonder if there's a good resource or if it's simply something you work up to and learn about the closer you get to the presidency. A peek behind the curtains, a sort of unintended transparency.

An emperor with no clothes.

"Hey kid, this resume is great. Real great. I called your boss at Whataburger, and he said you got real drive. You are going places. I want to offer you a job."

"Thank you President Trump! What do you need me to do? Kitchen Staff?"

"Office of Cabinet Affairs"
"Cabinet...? Like a pantry? I've restocked the pantry before, but never a whole office!"

I disagree with him. No one is saying everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, sexist, etc. What they are saying is the people who voted for Trump were ok to overlook that he says racist and sexist things and voted for him for other reasons. That might be more scary.
Perhaps not, but certainly more than a few suggestions that those who voted for them are all but closet Nazis even by people on this board *cough*.

Not every Trump voter is actively racist, xenophobic, homophobic, ableist, or misogynistic. It's just that Trump and his people being all of those things weren't a deal-breaker for them.

GasBandit

Staff member
And it seemed every time those things *were* brought up, instead of a defense of Trump, we got a laundry list of false equivalence against Hillary. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, she was (and is now officially) the least electable politician in living memory. She lost to Trump. The only reason she ever held any elected office previously was because when Moynihan retired, the DNC decided to pay off their "Lewinsky debt" by carpetbagging her onto the ballot in New York against a no-name republican that came along after Giuliani fled the field... and said noname STILL got 43% of the vote. In New York.

I wonder if Trump's boast about shooting someone in the middle of 5th avenue might have been the literal truth, so long as he was running against Hillary.

You're judged by the company you keep. *cough*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, that's not a denial. But then again, who I am to talk? After all, I willing lived in, indirectly worked for, and paid taxes to a single-party Authoritarian government. I'm probably responsible for the suffering of millions.

Well, that's not a denial. But then again, who I am to talk? After all, I willing lived in, indirectly worked for, and paid taxes to a single-party Authoritarian government. I'm probably responsible for the suffering of millions.
You're directly responsible for the suffering of Jun, at least! Ah ha ha ha!

Sorry, low hanging fruit and I went for it.

BananaHands

Staff member
One positive spin is that a lot more people have become active local politicians and organizations that support the causes they believe in.

Has anyone posted this yet?

It's a full episode - ends in an amazing montage talking about how shitty 2016 has been thus far. Also, offers a list of organizations to send donations to.

I don't know. I ended up becoming a monthly donor to NRDC, might get more involved after my move.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Bah. Every other Last Week Tonight video is available, why isn't this one? *shakes fist*

Trump has names Jeff Sessions to be his Attorney General. Sessions was denied a federal judgeship in the ‘80s after testimony during his confirmation hearings revealed that he’d allegedly made racist remarks to black colleagues. These days, he tweets almost obsessively about terrorists hiding among refugees.

Among the statements that cost Sessions the federal judgeship was saying, to a black subordinate, that he thought "the Ku Klux Klan were okay until he learned they smoked marijuana."

He also believes that Syrian refugees are pouring in without any vetting process (there is an extensive vetting process) and that refugees are mostly terrorists. Of the 785,000 refugees admitted into the United States since September 11, 2001, about a dozen have been arrested or deported due to terrorism related concerns.

But hey, if you're white, not your problem, so keep on with your "wait and see".

tl;dr version of where we are right now

Scar is bringing the hyenas into Pride Rock
Do you guys really need to tag an "I get that reference" for The Lion King? It's not some obscure thing. Some days it seems like people will hit that tag if someone posted "May the Force be with you" even though of course you get that reference, everyone does.

GasBandit

Staff member
Do you guys really need to tag an "I get that reference" for The Lion King? It's not some obscure thing. Some days it seems like people will hit that tag if someone posted "May the Force be with you" even though of course you get that reference, everyone does.
I dunno man, the movie came out 22 years ago.. There are people who can vote and drink who were not even a glint in the milkman's eye when Lion King was in theaters :troll:

Eh. It isn't funny enough or a spoiler. that's the most appropriate tag for an analogy that I appreciated.

Trump has now installed former Lieutenant General Michael Flynn as National Security advisor. Flynn is known for his close ties to Russia, advising the US to follow Russia's lead in the Middle East, and his consultancy firm, Flynn Intel Group, recently was found to be in the undeclared pay of a Dutch shell company, Inovo BV, which functions as a lobbying firm for the Turkish government and Turkish President Erdogan. On Election Day, Flynn published an opinion piece for The Hill urging for strong support of Erdogan and for the US to extradite his political rival, Fethulla Gulen, who now resides in Pennsylvania. Robert Kelley, the Flynn Group's general counsel, has been identified as an agent of the National Mobilization Forces, an Iraqi military group trained by the Turkish government and controlled by a former governor of Nineveh province. Department of Justice filings show that Kelley received $90,000 from the group before ending his associating with them in June of 2016.

But hey, how about those emails?