a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters

GasBandit

Staff member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...eech-in-electoral_us_584f243ce4b0151082221e30

Trump's trying keep Colorado's law in action that outlaws faithless electors.

Which, if faithless electors are outlawed, what the fuck is the point of the electoral college in the first place?
Folks are looking to undermine the EC on both sides. There's a drive in some states to force their electoral votes to be apportioned according to the national popular vote (not even the state's popular vote, the national one). Gaming the system as hard as you can, unfortunately, is what modern American politics is all about. :/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...eech-in-electoral_us_584f243ce4b0151082221e30

Trump's trying keep Colorado's law in action that outlaws faithless electors.

Which, if faithless electors are outlawed, what the fuck is the point of the electoral college in the first place?
I would like to point out that such a law is inherently pointless: Electors are allowed to vote for whomever they want, under any circumstance. They might be held to consequences AFTER they do it, but it's still their right and any such votes would still be 100% valid.

I don't know if this has already been pointed out, but Rex Tillerson, CEO of ExxonMobil and Trump's pick for Secretary of State, has been awarded the Order of Friendship from Vladimir Putin in 2013.

ExxonMobil had contracts to help Russia drill in the Arctic Kara Sea, which were put on hold due to international sanctions against Russia over the annexation of the Crimea.

Tillerson has repeatedly flouted sanctions against Russia and ExxonMobil stands to make billions by helping Russia exploit the oil reserves in the Kara Sea.

But hey, at least he's not a "nasty woman", right?

Is the Republican Party okay with this? They've been kissing the ground Reagan walked on for the past several years and this is pretty anti-Reagan era.

Wait, people are saying that the Exxon guy having EXTENSIVE ties to Russia is fake news?

I guess there aren't enough child sex rings under pizza joints for it to be real to them.

Fuck this new world.

Necronic

Staff member
Before you guys pillory Rex Tillerson too much I would suggest you watch his interview on Charlie Rose

Here's the thing about him. Yes he's a business guy, and yes he works for big oil, but he's just about the opposite of what Trump is in a LOT of ways. This is a guy who really understands that words matter, and he uses them carefully. Just watch the interview.

I'm not saying it's not an insane pick. But as far as his cabinet picks go Tillerson is not nearly the issue a lot of the other ones are, like Sessions or DeVos.

Whew! Dodged a bullet there, wouldn't want to post anything here that might be construed as treating Trump or his picks in a reasonable or thoughtful manner.
I agree with Steinman's SJW post; calling Trump's picks "crazy" is insensitive to people with legitimate mental health problems.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Trump, but there's no effective treatment or medication for your illness at this time."

"What illness?"

"Your personality."
I mean there are cures, but suggesting any of them would garner unwanted attention...

On an up note, the Government Services Administration, which oversees the lease on Trump's DC Hotel, says he has to sell his entire ownership stake in it before taking office.

According to the lawmaker’s account, “the Deputy Commissioner informed our staff that GSA assesses that Mr. Trump will be in breach of the lease agreement the moment he takes office on January 20, 2017, unless he fully divests himself of all financial interests in the lease for the Washington, D.C. hotel. The Deputy commissioner made clear that Mr. Trump must divest himself not only of managerial control, but of all ownership interest as well.” The breach stems from a clause in the lease prohibiting elected officials from procuring leases from the government, in order to make sure that the process is fair and that officials are not using — and do not appear to be using — their official position for personal financial gain.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-must-sell-hotel-f92cd5b6b6e#.57q3gbvjy

I mean there are cures, but suggesting any of them would garner unwanted attention...

On an up note, the Government Services Administration, which oversees the lease on Trump's DC Hotel, says he has to sell his entire ownership stake in it before taking office.

According to the lawmaker’s account, “the Deputy Commissioner informed our staff that GSA assesses that Mr. Trump will be in breach of the lease agreement the moment he takes office on January 20, 2017, unless he fully divests himself of all financial interests in the lease for the Washington, D.C. hotel. The Deputy commissioner made clear that Mr. Trump must divest himself not only of managerial control, but of all ownership interest as well.” The breach stems from a clause in the lease prohibiting elected officials from procuring leases from the government, in order to make sure that the process is fair and that officials are not using — and do not appear to be using — their official position for personal financial gain.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-must-sell-hotel-f92cd5b6b6e#.57q3gbvjy
Between selling vs stepping down ... he'll take the middle route and sue.

Speaking of, turns out that not only is Trump National Security Advisor, Michael Flynn, in the pay of a foreign state, he also shared classified information with foreign military officers despite being not authorized to do so.

A 2010 investigation found that Michael Flynn, Donald Trump’s national security adviser, “inappropriately shared” classified documents with foreign military officers in Afghanistan, Washington Post reports.
Flynn wasn’t authorized to share the information, but wasn’t disciplined, because he didn’t do so “knowingly” and that “there was no actual or potential damage to national security as a result,” said Army records obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act.
Flynn encouraged chants of “lock her up” in response to Clinton’s email scandal at the RNC. He also said, “If I, a guy who knows this business, if I did a tenth, a tenth of what she did, I would be in jail today.”
He’s admitted to being investigated for sharing secrets with British and Australian allies, but largely played down the incident. The information obtained by the Post are limited in scope because the investigation into Flynn’s actions itself was classified.

http://latest.com/2016/12/busted-tr...ed-classified-secrets-with-foreign-officials/

For those counting, that's the 2nd fired General on Trump's team that inappropriately shared classified intel. But hey, at least they didn't use a private email server and delete a bunch of emails, right? Well, aside from Trump himself... http://www.newsweek.com/2016/11/11/donald-trump-companies-destroyed-emails-documents-515120.html

So, still feeling good with "wait and see"?

Necronic

Staff member
Whew! Dodged a bullet there, wouldn't want to post anything here that might be construed as treating Trump or his picks in a reasonable or thoughtful manner.
I'm pretty sure I just gave more consideration to Tillerson as a pick than Trump did. Trump looks at Tillerson and thinks he's a peer. I guarantee you that at some level Tillerson looks at Trump and sees him as a clown. They aren't even remotely the same pedigree.

Trump is narcissistic enough and Tillerson is demure enough for this not to have crossed his radar yet, but at some point it definitely will, and I don't think Trump will be remotely happy with his pick when he does.

Today's the day. For most people, there will be a predictable result. For a hopeful few, it'll be a day of mystery and suspense. Don't spoil the ending for them!

Necronic

Staff member
Apparently if you donate enough money to one of the nonprofits Trumps kids are involved in you can get 1 on 1 time with Trump.

I swear to god his playbook just seems to be taking everything Clinton did, call it corrupt until election, and then just do it yourself but 10 times worse.

I'm curious what Trump supporters think of this but I'm guessing most of them just don't.

Apparently if you donate enough money to one of the nonprofits Trumps kids are involved in you can get 1 on 1 time with Trump.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-trump-1-million-donations-article-1.2917681

This article partially refuting your assertion is over three days old, and it's from a left leaning publication. Either you choose not to do any research, or you ignore information that doesn't support your perspective. Also you failed to provide a citation - are you ashamed to post the websites you're getting your news from?