a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
I don't think you and I have the same definition of harassment. Asking the crowd not to boo the man and asking for inclusiveness from the future regime that has campaigned on promises of the opposite is about as low on the totem pole of harassment as it gets.
I never mentioned harassment. I'm not responding to the post above mine, I was responding to the video.

I guess I always look at things negatively. Work hazard.

Now, onto more mind boggling news.

What. The. Fuck.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...a9c572-ad18-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html
That's a direct violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. "...no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state." Trump, as owner of the hotel, would be receiving payment from foreign states. It is an impeachable offense.

That's a direct violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. "...no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state." Trump, as owner of the hotel, would be receiving payment from foreign states. It is an impeachable offense.
Are the dates for Dave's betting thread locked in or can some of us bump them up? :p

Of course, the caveat to that is that the dipshits in Congress might well approve whatever.
I feel like this is one of those things Republicans won't be so friendly about though. Lots of his other shit, but not this. Technically any federal employee isn't allowed to do this, not just the president.

And it'd also be a smooth way out for Trump, because he could make a big deal about he's a businessman first, and if he has to choose, and his empire, and etc.

But I don't know. Some people are even saying it's likely the EC won't bring him in. It's uncertain which way anything's going to go this point, and in that sense I can't really blame steinman for taking a wait and see policy. It's difficult to speculate. Each week is bringing new and unexpected strangeness and bullshit to all this.

Is he stupid?

Or is he doing this on purpose?
Both. And also, he's never had to face the consequences of his actions, ever, in his life. His inherited fortune has shielded him at every turn. So he probably doesn't understand the concept of wrongdoing.

It depends on whether or not you consider President-elect to be a government office. He certainly has benefits and responsibilities beyond a private citizen, depending on the Electoral College's decision in December (which will probably be to confirm his election).

Just to go back to the Hamilton thing, Fox News had Pence on and asked him about it. Said he wasn't offended; what annoyed me was Fox trying to nudge him into saying something negative. For some reason, that felt like they really wanted Trump on there to talk about it instead, because they could get him to have an outburst and be able to play the clip a bunch. That's nothing new out of Fox, parading reality TV tactics journalism, but it just annoyed me this time more than usual for some reason.

Probably because it's been a long while since I saw a Fox News clip on Youtube.

Trump and co have put up a survey

It essentially lets you mark which issues you find very important to least important. I know a lot of people in my generation like online surveys and petitions, but they'll be conflicted that this feels a little too much like voting.

Odds are it will be a waste of 5 minutes that Trump and co don't listen to, but they're asking, so I figure it makes sense to say immigration shit, Muslim registry, the wall and such are not important as education and healthcare.

EDIT: They're asking our opinion on Congress term limits? Heh, Congress isn't going to let that get anywhere.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, now I'm getting frustrated.
"Cut the government regulations that lead businesses to leave our country in the first place."
This seems to go against an earlier question, but also doesn't feel like it has an understanding of how businesses function.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: "Pass the Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act in order to “drain the swamp” that has polluted our capital for decades."
But that doesn't mean anything.[DOUBLEPOST=1479729355,1479728945][/DOUBLEPOST]I realize this started reasonable and then looked like a descent of sorts, but I did finish the survey.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: And now I've involuntarily done the cliche madness cackle, because after all that I got an error page from the server host.

Last edited:
On Meet The Press, incoming Chief of Staff Rince Priebus refused to rule out the Muslim registry.

Trump and co have put up a survey

It essentially lets you mark which issues you find very important to least important. I know a lot of people in my generation like online surveys and petitions, but they'll be conflicted that this feels a little too much like voting.

Odds are it will be a waste of 5 minutes that Trump and co don't listen to, but they're asking, so I figure it makes sense to say immigration shit, Muslim registry, the wall and such are not important as education and healthcare.

EDIT: They're asking our opinion on Congress term limits? Heh, Congress isn't going to let that get anywhere.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, now I'm getting frustrated.
"Cut the government regulations that lead businesses to leave our country in the first place."
This seems to go against an earlier question, but also doesn't feel like it has an understanding of how businesses function.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: "Pass the Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act in order to “drain the swamp” that has polluted our capital for decades."
But that doesn't mean anything.[DOUBLEPOST=1479729355,1479728945][/DOUBLEPOST]I realize this started reasonable and then looked like a descent of sorts, but I did finish the survey.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: And now I've involuntarily done the cliche madness cackle, because after all that I got an error page from the server host.
Every time you fill out the survey, a /pol/tard gets his wings and adds another bot to answer it over and over.

That clause does not apply to the president. From the linked article, "Officials at the General Services Administration, the landlord, have consulted the Office of Government Ethics about how to handle such conflicts, but the measures preventing other federal employees from profiting from their positions do not apply to the president."

If the Secretary of State can get away with it, why not the president?

Tell congress to act if they want to change this, but keep in mind, as I explained earlier, the President of the US is the executive authority, and as such can't prosecute himself, and as such "laws" don't really apply to him.

Impeachable offenses are "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." I'm not bringing up Clinton's pay for play lightly or as a general jab, it shows very well how far any politician can go before being prosecuted for bribery. Investigators were able to show that you could pay the Clinton foundation for access to the Secretary, but they could not conclusively show that a specific payment yielded a specific outcome in terms of her actual authority.

As such it's going to be nearly impossible to show that a guest staying at a given property led to a specific executive action. Maybe the guest did pay, maybe the action occurred, but proving that one led to the other can be nearly impossible.

Every other version of the quote has him not ruling out the registry, including NBC News' twitter a few hours later. So we (as in you, not me) are gonna have to go to the videotape.
No, NBC News' twitter just has the "I'm not gonna rule out anything" section of the quote, with is consistent with the meet the press tweet. It's just lacking the additional part of the statement denying a registry based on religion.

I mean the general you, not YOU you. And not me because I'm going back to bed. No need to get nasty about it.

I'm not even questioning you. You've got the same news organization reporting vastly different versions of the same interview. An interview on THEIR network. They're the ones to be mad at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha. I took that as a personal 'you', hence the very annoyed response. Aren't you south of the Mason-Dixon? Use y'all :p