a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
I doubt it. Hillary's a better debater than most of what the Republicans had to offer, but still - a large part of Trump's support comes from people who are anti-intellectual enough to not care, and people who are confirmed in their beliefs enough that any "proof" offered by the other side will be fabricated, slurs, or filthy liberal media lies.

GasBandit

Staff member
probably not. the bar is so low for him that all he has to do is not call hillary a [insert your favorite slur], and the media will fall over themselves to say it was a spirited tie. also he'll say his greatest hits and BUILD A WALL and 42% of the american voting public will say he won

with literally any two candidates on earth, someone would have to shit their pants and throw it at the moderator for the debate "results" to not be X wins 1, Y wins 2, 3rd is a draw. also "debates" aren't debates at all, they're always two people saying stump speeches in the same room while a moderator asks questions for them to blithely ignore
Much as I hate to do so, I have to grant you've got a few points here. What Zappit is saying here about Trump in the debates is the same thing everybody has been saying about Trump every step of the way. It just never seems to matter. Additionally, debates are generally unsatisfying at best and occasionally a complete joke.

As much as the right wants to make of the unrepentant Bernie supporters, reliable sources say it's only about 5 very loud people from the CA delegation.

As much as the right wants to make of the unrepentant Bernie supporters, reliable sources say it's only about 5 very loud people from the CA delegation.
also, another big poll came out saying 90% of bernie supporters are now supporting Clinton. the #NeverTrump crowd is probably larger in percentage of the party and raw numbers :O

That would be amusing, if it was discovered that Hil and Bill paid more in taxes than The Donald earned since 97...

@Dave,

from the New York Times
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"[...]"I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”
Many are willfully choosing to interpret this as him calling for a foreign cyberattack on the US Government. :rolleyes:

Dave

Staff member
Ah. I saw that quote and thought, "He's asking them to release more information on the emails they hacked." So he's not calling for active cybercrime, he's calling to be able to use the products of an already committed cyber crime.

So still bad, but not the same thing.

(Oh man did I just stick up for Trump? Gack!)

Dave

Staff member
I thought he meant the ones Hillary deleted.
But that would be just stupid, considering those servers are now gone and not able to be hacked. Of course, this IS Trump we're talking about.

*whew* Glad I could get that back on track.

Does Russia actually need encouragement to spy on y'all? I mean really, acknowledging that Russia is doing this, and saying you know they're doing it, isn't treason.

And more than that, I read Trump's comment as a jab at the American news media, saying these they will eagerly get into bed with the enemy for a story.

Oh god Dave, this is a horrible feeling. Gack!

Dave

Staff member
Gack again. Damn it.

A political opponent - especially one as opportunistic as Clinton - would NEVER misread or deliberately mislead on a rival's actions. I'm not saying she's WRONG, I'm not not convinced she's RIGHT.

(Actually, I AM convinced she's right. Far, far righter than what she should be.)

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, somebody has to hold our government accountable to its own people. Odd that it seems to be Russia, but...

I think we can all agree that if the Secretary of the United States chose to use an unsecured computer to communicate classified information, then foreign powers will have that information.

Trump is essentially saying that Russia undoubtedly already has everything that server had. How could they not? How long was she using that server for? How many classified pieces of information did she send and receive through that server?

To assume that it was never touched by a foreign power is the height of arrogance. Or perhaps complacency, incompetence, or even apathy.

So he's not calling for active espionage. He said, "Hey, Russia, since you probably already have the 30k emails that Clinton deleted in order to avoid prosecution, wouldn't it be funny if they ended up in a newsroom in the US?"

In other words, he's asking russia to admit to espionage and attack Clinton at the same time.

Neither of which Russia will do openly, I'd guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some point during the campaign certain emails started leaking slowly to the press, and not necessarily from Russia.

I could be wrong about the "openly" part. I'm truly surprised at the open collusion between the DNC and the Clinton campaign boldly on display right at the beginning of the convention. It's truly mind boggling.

What a time to be alive.

GasBandit

Staff member
Undoubtably, but I was referring to the inevitable, and now expected as a matter of course, October Surprise.

Basically he's assuming and implying that Russia had already hacked the Clinton emails, much the same way they supposedly did the DNC's. He's saying they should get leaked similarly, much in the same way that everyone jokes about the NSA having everything.

To put it another way, with everything Trump says, look at it as if it was said by one of your parents. Would you accuse them of treason, and start making calls to the FBI? No, you'd roll your eyes and move on. Pretty much everything Trump says is catering solely to that relative you have.

Necronic

Staff member
Anyone else find it funny that Trumps campaign manager's day job is as a lobbyist for war criminals and dictators?

Necronic

Staff member
No joke though Paul Manaforts history os flat out insane. I would really suggest people give it a quick read. There's not even a "controversy" section, it's just "history", and damn near every bit of it vile.

We're talking about lobbying for multiple war criminals and dictators (Marco and many Central African dudes). Being involved in illegal arms deals gone wrong that have helped finance terrorism. He worked with Yanakovich to sell out Ukraine to the Russians and can more or less be directly tied to the invasion of Ukraine. And my personal favorite, he was introduced to Trump by Roy Cohn, a mutual friend and occasional lawyer for Trump and oh yeah also consigliere to the Genovese family (and also legal thug for Mcarthy). And the list goes on.

But hey, Obama has talked to Bill Ayers before.

Last edited: