a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
My state-level elections (state legislature) tend to have Democrats, people who think the dems aren't extreme enough, one person who is campaigning on the behalf of rent-is-to-damn-high/it's-all-rigged-anyways/puppies, and one token Republican, so I kind of do whatever on that one.

On the actual local level, we don't actually bother with parties because even people who are nominally Dems/Repubs/etc. have basically the same politics, so it comes down to local record, known corruption scandals, if they're friends with Chris Christie, or if I like/dislike them personally, in about that order.

On the actual local level, we don't actually bother with parties because even people who are nominally Dems/Repubs/etc. have basically the same politics, so it comes down to local record, known corruption scandals, if they're friends with Chris Christie, or if I like/dislike them personally, in about that order.
No parties on the ballot is racist![DOUBLEPOST=1477324290,1477323792][/DOUBLEPOST]@blotsfan
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/20/justice-dept-blocks-ncs-nonpartisan-vote/?feat=home_cube_position1#

I believe this was eventually overturned itself, but don't quote me on that.

Y'all know my situation. I refuse to vote for the GOP in this state until Scott Walker has a frontal lobotomy.

Oh, wait, I forget, he already has...

Y'all know my situation. I refuse to vote for the GOP in this state until Scott Walker has a frontal lobotomy.

Oh, wait, I forget, he already has...
The problem is his mentality is rampant in all the local areas and follow right to the State Supreme Court. When one Justice chokes another Justice, with all the other Justices watching and they divide along party lines on what happened, that is a serious problem that puts into question the integrity of the court. Unfortunately, this is what our state looks like right now.

GasBandit

Staff member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner

On May 22, 1856, in the United States Congress, Representative Preston Brooks (D-SC) attacked Senator Charles Sumner (R-MA), an abolitionist, with a walking cane in retaliation for a speech given by Sumner two days earlier in which he fiercely attacked slaveholders including a relative of Brooks. The beating nearly killed Sumner and it drew a sharply polarized response from the American public on the subject of the expansion of slavery in the United States. It has been considered symbolic of the "breakdown of reasoned discourse"[1] that eventually led to the American Civil War.

The comedian was right. We are in a part of history that future schoolbooks will refer to as "factors leading to..."

Naaaaaaaaants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo nqoba
Ingonyama
[etc]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner

On May 22, 1856, in the United States Congress, Representative Preston Brooks (D-SC) attacked Senator Charles Sumner (R-MA), an abolitionist, with a walking cane in retaliation for a speech given by Sumner two days earlier in which he fiercely attacked slaveholders including a relative of Brooks. The beating nearly killed Sumner and it drew a sharply polarized response from the American public on the subject of the expansion of slavery in the United States. It has been considered symbolic of the "breakdown of reasoned discourse"[1] that eventually led to the American Civil War.

The comedian was right. We are in a part of history that future schoolbooks will refer to as "factors leading to..."
Isn't the cane itself on exhibit somewhere?
EDIT: Yep.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Naaaaaaaaants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo nqoba
Ingonyama
[etc]
If I recall correctly the translation for that passage is something like "Heeeeey dad it's a lion. Yep, that's a lion. Hey dad, it's a lion. Yep that's a lion. A lion. Holy crap. A lion."

Dave

Staff member
Still, Conway insists she's tough with Drumpf in private. As an example, she told us what happened when they got on the plane after his Gettysburg speech.

"I don't sugarcoat at all," said Conway.

She told him after his off script rant, "You and I are in a fight for the next 17 days."

When Drumpf asked why, Conway replied: "Because I know you're going to win. And that comment you just made sounds like you think you're going to lose. And we're going to argue about it until you win."

His response?

"He was like, 'OK, honey. Then we'll win,' " Conway said.
Really? You let him say shit like that? You're his campaign manager, not his tag-along girlfriend.

It was actually the "Mr" rather than "President" - used for 4 years by those who feel the election should have gone to Gore.
Same thing happened to President Obama - Fox News, among others, referred to him frequently as "Mr. Obama" rather than "President Obama".

Dubya never really felt like an especially pejorative nickname, just a mimicry of how he tended to identify himself as "George W. (Dubya) Bush", to differentiate himself from his father, George Herbert Walker Bush. I may be mistaken, but I think it was used both by supporters and detractors.